Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 13]

126What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 pm

NormM

NormM

Smile

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

127What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well....I know what's for dessert for today.... blueberry and cherry shortbread pie.

Supper....?????....no clue.

128What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Blueberryricotta6

Italian Blueberry Ricotta cake.Even tho it is BB Muffin day.

129What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dessert is made....
Supper??? Still no clue.
Tina wants takeout something?

I give up!

Pat Biscontini's Cherry and Blueberry Dessert!
( A friend of my moms recipe )

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Cb24

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Ofw1w

130What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 10422933_10201978905381649_7019086531517473115_n

Rib Eye & sortof Norms salad lol

131What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wow ~ everyone's food looks great.

My sister-in-law brought some frozen fish her son caught out in the Gulf. We had pan fried red snapper tonight. Everyone is moaning from stuffing ourselves....amazing how good really fresh fish tastes like. Her son said they cleaned the fish on the boat and then iced it down and he froze it as soon as he got home.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 071114

132What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Poor Tina messed up tonight....
Beths fish looks like Tina's Cod fish she made for her Uncle tonight. N O T

Poor kid under cooked it. He didn't like it because he said it was tough.
I was like...hmmmm...how the heck could flaky Cod Fillet be tough.
I went to pull it apart, and it would not break.
Tina ran to get him a hamburger....

Tina is Not a Fish eater...and so she really never cooks it. I offered to cook it, but she said No.

I'll bet I get to cook it next time? He likes salmon anyway, but we ran out.

The dessert was awesome.

133What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 10422933_10201978905381649_7019086531517473115_n

Rib Eye & sortof Norms salad lol

Surf & Turf...huh? Ummmm!! Looks good. You can keep the avocado though.
Never could aquire a feel for it in my mouth.

134What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:02 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:Sounds more like a virus than allergy for both of you.

I'm STILL sick. I felt better yesterday and then today, sinuses burning, terrible headaches and a tad of nausea again. Of course, I still can't sleep so I feel worse at night and can't even "escape" by sleeping.

135What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:30 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara wrote:You need to write it down lol.Bother my kids would ask & ask & ask for the same recipe every yr.So I told them WRITE it down ..Actually that sounds good.

I have written down tons of recipes for him over the years but have not written that one down. I just don't like to talk or think about food when I'm sick. You can just leave me alone and I'm fine. I don't like to be "helped to death" either -- "Can I get you something?" "Will you tell me if you want something?" "How about a nice Philly Cheese Steak?" Ugh! He's the sweetest man in the world but I feel like he becomes a freaking old lady when I'm sick.

Believe it or not, today he went to the store and got the stuff to make this chocolaty chocolate ice cream I'd been talking of making. I told him I'd come in, since it was a custard type, and show him how to temper the eggs when it was time. Good thing I did, as even though he had the candy thermometer on the side of the pan, he wasn't watching and it was way too hot to add in the tempered egg yolks. So I had to take it off the heat for a while and then proceed. Then I had to heat it up after adding the eggs so it would not only thicken but also so the chopped up bittersweet chocolate would melt once he added that.

This morning, he was checking the fridge to see if we had enough heavy cream and half-and-half for the recipe. I heard him say aloud, "We need some heavy cream," to which I replied, "Brian, I think we have plenty enough heavy cream." Him: "No, I just looked and we don't." Me: "I think you laid down a whole quart of heavy cream instead of standing it up so look again." Then I heard, "Oh, yeah, here it is. Are you sure we have enough?" Me: "How much does the recipe call for, and don't forget you're doubling the recipe." Him: "Um, Uh, let me see. Four cups." Me: "Okay, there are 8 ounces in a cup, so you need 32 ounces of heavy cream."

Then I heard, "What did you just say?" followed by a snicker from him and we both started laughing. Keep in mind I was about 30 feet away from him in another room and I had to holler back and forth so he could hear me (and I've got a hearing loss so you've got to get kind of loud for me if you're not nearby). And this was after he said, "I'm doing everything myself. You don't have to help." I was glad when he left for the store to get more chocolate!

We'll chill the custard overnight and make the ice cream tomorrow. I'm sure I will be up for some Bittersweet Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream, sick or not. But I'm wondering how many trips outside I'll have to make for that (we have a White Mountain Electric Ice Cream Maker that's really loud so we usually use it on the outside back deck). It's so freaking hot and it will be hotter this weekend -- 93 and 94, which means the heat index will be well over 100.

Thanks for listening to me whine....

136What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 IMG_2565

snack..

Thanks, B. You just reminded me that we have one of those small seedless watermelons in the beer cooler. That will taste good even if I'm not feeling well -- and something cool, too!

137What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:48 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I might cut up some of that watermelon and put it in the blender for a slushy tomorrow. I made some spearmint simple syrup last week for some mint juleps but never got around to making the juleps (so, so good on a hot day -- nothing cools you down like mint). That would work with the watermelon slushy for sure.

Well, I've got to bite the bullet and go downstairs to get some Excedrin Extra Strength for this headache I've had for a while now. If I don't do something to alleviate it soon, on will come nausea. I'm just a mess lately. Then I'll have to sit up for a while so I won't get acid reflux from the damn Excedrin!

138What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:I'm STILL sick.  I felt better yesterday and then today, sinuses burning, terrible headaches and a tad of nausea again.  Of course, I still can't sleep so I feel worse at night and can't even "escape" by sleeping.  

Oh, Michelle, I'm so sorry you have such a bad case right now....I know it seems as if it will last forever but just hang in there, this too shall pass. I know you're doing all you can to tolerate the misery, and it's good that you understand Brian just wants to help.

I'll keep my fingers, toes & eyes crossed to see if that helps move things along a little quicker for you.

(so IF you don't see many posts from me in the next few days it'll be because my eyes got stuck in that position and I cannot see the computer screen......)

139What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

About the time I was decidin' to put something on the grill, well, the rains began. I sure wish I had a sheltered place to grill. But, Plan 'B' went into action and the leftover chicken got turned into Chicken Alfredo. You know the way I've been hungerin' for some pasta it wasn't such a bad thing!

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 071214

140What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made us Philly Cheese Steaks for supper.

Finished the cherry and blueberry squares for dessert.

Forgot to mention, I was supposed to take pics, but we snorted them down so fast, you would think it was the end of time.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

141What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Pastatuna5_thumb3

Tuna,pasta, roasted cherry tomatoes.

142What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Pastatuna5_thumb3

Tuna,pasta, roasted cherry tomatoes.

Tina likes tuna with spaghetti .... I say it looks great tasting.

143What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We have come to a critical point on this saturday eve.

It's thinking time....of What's gonna be for supper tomorrow<?????????>

No  scratch 

144What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:About the time I was decidin' to put something on the grill, well, the rains began.  I sure wish I had a sheltered place to grill.  But, Plan 'B' went into action and the leftover chicken got turned into Chicken Alfredo.  You know the way I've been hungerin' for some pasta it wasn't such a bad thing!

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 071214

Do you have a garage? ..... I would cook in the garage with a box fan blowing out the grill smoke.

145What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:I might cut up some of that watermelon and put it in the blender for a slushy tomorrow.  I made some spearmint simple syrup last week for some mint juleps but never got around to making the juleps (so, so good on a hot day -- nothing cools you down like mint).  That would work with the watermelon slushy for sure.  

Well, I've got to bite the bullet and go downstairs to get some Excedrin Extra Strength for this headache I've had for a while now.  If I don't do something to alleviate it soon, on will come nausea.  I'm just a mess lately.  Then I'll have to sit up for a while so I won't get acid reflux from the damn Excedrin!  

Feel better crybaby and Brian.....drink water...lots of it.

146What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So far, I boiled a head of cabbage cut up. ( Steamed actually!)

Did that last night... B E C A U S E !!!!!!!!... someone took it out of refidge, and just left it on the counter.
I didn't see it jump up, and cook itself, so I handled the task.

Got some country spare ribs that I can braise with potatoes, but Uncle doesn't eat pork.

Well....Guess what? .... Tina can get him a burger and fries from Micky D's...

His sugar test this AM was 113 .... and he had two blueberry squares for dessert yesterday.
The Dr. said," If he reads over 120, give him a pill. At his age, let him enjoy!.

I am having a hot sausage sandwich come heck or high water.

147What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am going to make Emeril's chicken Normandy for dinner tonight. It has chicken, onions, bacon, apples, cream, apple cider and Calvados.

148What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

His sugar test this AM was 113 .... and he had two blueberry squares for dessert yesterday.
The Dr. said," If he reads over 120, give him a pill. At his age, let him enjoy!.

great ##. I get up to Dawn Highs.Always 150 + .Does not matter what I eat or do not eat.If I get below 100 man I get the sweats & shakes. I get weak.

149What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided to solve the problem of not having anything sweet to eat in the house ~ found a box of brownie mix (YES, I BUY box mixes when I find them on sale....) in the pantry I had forgotten about. After it cools I'll cut into small squares and freeze. Then, when I find I'm in need of a sweet fix, all I'll have to do is grab a square and hold it in my hot little hands until it's thawed.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 WalnutBrownies

150What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

me too. I buy bagged & boxed.They are just right for baking in the toaster oven.I throw other goodies in it. chips,nuts,etc.I made some the other night.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 6 8c1907927bc14d4c89c4429e444f2a11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum