Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 165590_1514070056383_8150923_n-1

leftover roast chicken put to good use.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though I made cream of mushroom soup this afternoon, I realized too late I was out of half & half (to finish the soup). So, plan B ~ creamed chicken & vegetables on noodles with a tomato/onion side salad. Why didn't I just finish the soup with the 1% milk I had and used to make the creamed chicken you ask? BECAUSE it's suppose to be finished with half & half or heavy cream. That's why.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 010814

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today it was soup for lunch. Tina was up at the church working and she had sandwiches delivered. Ummm!

For supper tonight, I made Philly Cheese Steaks.
Used the thin sliced eye round Tina gets at the oriental market.
I topped the beef with fried peppers and onions, and on a toasted italian soft rolls.
Then Provalone domestic mild cheese, and a spot of mozzarella cheese.

Tina ate 1/2 of hers, and I ate the other half; plus mine.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm just making a burger - fried in a pan on the stove. It's been raining off and on all day so I don't want to mess with trying to take off the wet grill cover. I'm not really hungry (could be the Bloody Mary, IDK) so I thought just a burger would be enough to satisfy me.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

2014-01-09 17:39:18 New Day...Thursday
Had a english Muffin for breakfast...
Made GD and me a Omaha Fillet steak wrapped in bacon. Did it in the broiler.
That was a great gift from our friend Mary.

Stomach was good yesterday, and today. Yay!  I've been taking enzymes pills with meals Tina got me at GNC. It was great sleeping last night with no stomach pain or GERD.

No dessert yet. I may make pancakes from the batter of yeast raised waffles from the other day.
I just add milk to thin out, and great pancakes will be dessert.

I am getting itchy to cook something for tomorrow like some stew or maybe Tina's favorite (Meatloaf)
I will prep it and just bake it tomorrow for supper.

Friend Mary is coming up Saturday and after church, I am gonna make home made pizza for supper.
Just a couple pies. The pizza sauce is frozen so I will use that. Ummm!

I think I will make the dough tonight, and retard it in the refrigerator. Less Muss and Fuss on Saturday for the Pizza supper.

It warmed up a bit and it's 25º now. Supposed to moderate over the week end.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm just making a burger - fried in a pan on the stove.  It's been raining off and on all day so I don't want to mess with trying to take off the wet grill cover.  I'm not really hungry (could be the Bloody Mary, IDK) so I thought just a burger would be enough to satisfy me.

I know it will be good, because it will be a ...(( Drum Roll Please ))
..... "A BETH BURGER" with Sweet Hot Pickles on the side! Right??

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
I know it will be good, because it will be a ...(( Drum Roll Please ))
.....  "A BETH BURGER" with Sweet Hot Pickles on the side! Right??

Is there any other pickle as good???

I cannot tell you how excited I was when I was browsing around the Fresh Market shelves when we first moved here and I found out they stocked Tony Packo Pickles!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 User39817_pic5616_1377102162

grilled london broil.warm today.65`

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 Alderplankgrilledpotatoes425

Alder plank grilled yukons.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I WANT TO MOVE NEXT DOOR !!!!

Fabulous!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 User39817_pic5616_1377102162

grilled london broil.warm today.65`

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 Alderplankgrilledpotatoes425

Alder plank grilled yukons.

"Where's The Beef?"

................. "It's at Barbs!".................. LOL
Looks lucious!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 User39817_pic5553_1371522370

I added lettuce , tomato,mayo.cut it half. lunch tomorrow the other half.I can get 5 meals from one flank steak lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina bought these blister packs of spinach raviolli at Sams Club Place. She cooked them in a pan with butter and olive oil, and a little white wine.

They were OK, but for her, they didn't sit well in her stomach. The dough was on the hard side.
I found the leftover Philly cheese steak, and made a half sandwich with NO Cheese.
It hit the spot.

GD made brownies, and I just had some with a nice coffee for dessert.

Soon as the food settles ( right to my butt ) I am going to make the pizza dough for tomorrow, and I will assemble them and keep them in the downstairs fridge.
I am thinking of one plain cheese, one pepperoni, and one 1/2 onion and 1/2 mushroom.
Possibly a 4th as a white pizza with broccoli!
I think I will make some Shrimp Salad for tomorrows lunch. Then some Tuna Salad also.

Right now I'm ready to sit on the couch, and take a break from all the eating I did.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

good steak Barbara  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 3593629538 

DH still eats soup and soft foods.. yesterday I made some chicken porridge, I boiled 1 cup of cooked rice in chicken broth, then added some thinly sliced bokchoy and some shredded roast chicken.. this morning he asked for it again, this time I added 1 egg in the boiled porridge, cooked until the white egg was done

today I made some potato soup, I had some leftover couscous.. so I boiled potatoes, mashed them,  I made the sauce, using milk, thickened with a bit of flour, added some cheese, then I added 1 cup of couscous, mashed potato, stirred.. I topped the soup with sauteed onions, mushroom, kale and some ham, the final topping was some ( lots of ) shaved parmesan cheese.. I could tell he liked the soup, he is going to have another bowl for late supper tonight  Laughing 

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 12-4

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 13-2

and for me.. a simple roasted chicken with rice and chili sauce

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 14-3

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:good steak Barbara  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 3593629538 

DH still eats soup and soft foods.. yesterday I made some chicken porridge, I boiled 1 cup of cooked rice in chicken broth, then added some thinly sliced bokchoy and some shredded roast chicken.. this morning he asked for it again, this time I added 1 egg in the boiled porridge, cooked until the white egg was done

today I made some potato soup, I had some leftover couscous.. so I boiled potatoes, mashed them,  I made the sauce, using milk, thickened with a bit of flour, added some cheese, then I added 1 cup of couscous, mashed potato, stirred.. I topped the soup with sauteed onions, mushroom, kale and some ham, the final topping was some ( lots of ) shaved parmesan cheese.. I could tell he liked the soup, he is going to have another bowl for late supper tonight  Laughing 

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 12-4

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 13-2

and for me.. a simple roasted chicken with rice and chili sauce

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 14-3

Imelda. I am just starting to eat little harder foods, and it's been 3 weeks.
4 Days ago I had infection, so I rinsed with hydrogen peroxide, and that cleared up the space and jaw. Hope Dirk starts to feel and be able to chew better.
Soon!.......

The meal with the shaved cheese looks so good.

That's all you had was that little chicken piece and the little rice?
That's nice that you could satisfy with that.
I would need three times that to make me happy. hahahahahaha

?... Did you use shaving cream on the cheese before you shaved it? LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cool  The pizza's are made and in the refrigerator for tomorrows supper.
I just made tuna salad, and shrimp salad for tomorrows lunch.

Having friend Mary come up tomorrow, and I figured I would just do some pre-making here so I can take it easy. I'm sure the Girls will go shopping, and I won't have to rush proepping and rolling pizza dough.
It just started raining here, and all day Saturday is forecast for 1 inch of rain.
It will be a great day for appetites and munching.

I thought we would watch a couple movies on the big screen, but I didn't get a chance to remount the video projector after the painting and the new carpeting ....and with the holidays...it was imposible for me to do it. All the theater amplifiers and speaker system is moved now, so it will take me a couple days to re-route wires and stuff.
Oh Well.... It will get done... sometime in the near future.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good looking meals for a sore mouth, Imelda....just what the dentist ordered!

Jimmy - your pizza plan sounds yummy. I keep thinking I should have a pizza plan in place.

Sister-in-law is visiting. We went with the ladies of the neighborhood yesterday morning for the Friday Morning Movie ~ Saving Mr. Banks ~ and then out to lunch. We were both stuffed from lunch at the Greek Restaurant so we ended up having just a bowl of mushroom soup and some fresh rye bread from the Jewish Deli for supper. This morning we have a neighborhood monthly breakfast to go to so we'll probably have a small supper again....shopping in the works at the huge farmers' market later in the day.

Lyn called me from Vegas (they are vacationing there for the Consumers' Electronics Show) and said she's come down with a horrible cold or maybe even the flu....she wasn't sure. She sounds terrible. So, I've got some chicken stock thawing so I can have chicken soup for her when she gets home this evening.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Good looking meals for a sore mouth, Imelda....just what the dentist ordered!

Jimmy - your pizza plan sounds yummy.  I keep thinking I should have a pizza plan in place.  

Sister-in-law is visiting.  We went with the ladies of the neighborhood yesterday morning for the Friday Morning Movie ~ Saving Mr. Banks ~ and then out to lunch.  We were both stuffed from lunch at the Greek Restaurant so we ended up having just a bowl of mushroom soup and some fresh rye bread from the Jewish Deli for supper.  This morning we have a neighborhood monthly breakfast to go to so we'll probably have a small supper again....shopping in the works at the huge farmers' market later in the day.

Lyn called me from Vegas (they are vacationing there for the Consumers' Electronics Show) and said she's come down with a horrible cold or maybe even the flu....she wasn't sure.  She sounds terrible.  So, I've got some chicken stock thawing so I can have chicken soup for her when she gets home this evening.

The pizza plan is going to work out great. The best part, is that Today...I have no cooking to get in our guests way, and no hustle and bustle in the kitchen. It's quite a task prepping pizza x 3 , and having everything orchestrated so that all comes out smoothly. period..

Mary and Tina just went (where else but ) shopping for some bargains that are on sale.
It is so hot outside now.... 57º, and we had to shut all the heat off. I got the windows open to get some fresh air in this house.
It's raining out, and it's dreary, but hey, at least the gas meter isn't spinning like the past 2 weeks. OUCH!!! Just had a giant bolt of lightening and thunder boomer.
 Shocked 

Hope your SIL feels better after that chicken soup you made her.
Be careful YOU don't catch it.

Barbara101

Barbara101

it is 75` here. Plus it is raining. So grilling is out.I might go for some pizza myself.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:it is 75` here. Plus it is raining. So grilling is out.I might go for some pizza myself.

Sounds good to me. ....

Barb!... ? Question.... Is there a flour that has a lower carb for pizza that I can make for Tina's Uncle who is a diabetic??
He loves pizza, but hasn't had it in years because of the carbs in the crust.

I remember making pizza for my brother, and MIL and I'm not sure, but it was a something to do with gluten. ? ? ? I do make a thinner than normal crust , so in itself, that would be less carbs I guess?

Barbara101

Barbara101

there is. However it is very pricy.Think is was $12 or 15 for 7/8oz bag. iffy to work with.I just ended up throwing it out.It never made anything that tasted good.To me anyway. I just make thin crust for me.When my Mom wanted something good to eat,I just made it for her.At 80 I figured she could eat what she wanted lol

NormM

NormM

Some low carb flours are actually low carb baking mixes that don't have wheat flour. Here is one that might do the trick if you have time to mail order it.

http://www26.netrition.com/dd_all_purpose_flour.html

Cassie wanted to try some no gluten for a while and I got a no gluten flour and made a pizza with it. It was awful.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

A friend of mine who is Italian said she made some pizza fritta the other day and it was really good. I am going to try and get het rrecipe and give it a whirl.
Last night I tried a new recipe called cinnamon bun mug cake. You mix up the ingredients, pop it in the micro for one minute and then glom some cream cheese frosting on top. Interesting. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks for the input and suggestions Barb and Norm.  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 3267860543 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cheryle & I were running around all day, went to the Farmers' Market, the Flea Market (it made me itch.....) and just generally didn't do much of anything. By the time we got back to the house it started to rain so I just threw together some biscuits and warmed up the leftover creamed chicken and vegetables.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 011114

NormM

NormM

We had breaded chicken breasts, green beans creamed corn and store bought Italian bread.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 4 DSCN1138_zps2399a288

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum