Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think I saw Norm do his roasted chicken on a sheet pan with potatoes & carrots....I just remember how much I wanted to reach into my computer screen and take a piece of everything! So, when I decided on the same type meal that's the way I cooked it. The chicken was not a "Jimmy favorite" but was moist and very flavorful. The wing tip did get nice and crunchy, however - yum!

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 010414chicken

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 010414

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 178968_10200106714178916_218317227_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, Barb, I know that's your beef broccoli....but I meant to ask ~ what was last night's meal?

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:That reminds me of the difference in the way I make BLT's and the way a friends mom made them. I make BACON lettuce and tomato sandwiches.  She made bacon lettuce and TOMATO!!! sandwiches. I almost choked over all the tomatoes she had in the sandwich she gave me.[/size]

Ever since I started to do the bacon weave for our BLT's, Dane isn't happy unless I have the bacon to cover the toast and either sliced or mashed avocado to add.

The man is just picky and spoiled! lol

Barbara101

Barbara101

pork chop,with saute green beans onion with little parm,baked potato dolled up lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

My supper was good but I got a hankerin' for something sweet....looked in the refrigerator and discovered the strawberries I forgot about.

So....dessert~berries with sour cream/brown sugar drizzle.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 Berriesampcream

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I think I saw Norm do his roasted chicken on a sheet pan with potatoes & carrots....I just remember how much I wanted to reach into my computer screen and take a piece of everything!  So, when I decided on the same type meal that's the way I cooked it.  The chicken was not a "Jimmy favorite" but was moist and very flavorful.  The wing tip did get nice and crunchy, however - yum!

Boy Beth..You sure do know Jimmy's Style of Chicken.
It does look good though!.. My Tina, and kids love it moist like that!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I think I saw Norm do his roasted chicken on a sheet pan with potatoes & carrots....I just remember how much I wanted to reach into my computer screen and take a piece of everything!  So, when I decided on the same type meal that's the way I cooked it.  The chicken was not a "Jimmy favorite" but was moist and very flavorful.  The wing tip did get nice and crunchy, however - yum!

Boy Beth..You sure do know Jimmy's Style of Chicken.
It does look good though!.. My Tina, and kids love it moist like that!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Jimmy made chicken soup.
The jimmy way. All veggies small diced, and NO Chicken Skin or bones.

Took a breast and diced it raw but skightly frozen. I took off all the yellow small fat pieces, and the sack. skin.

celery carrots peas corn.... garlic clove...small roma tomato cut in quarters.

NormM

NormM

We had fried catfish, hushpuppies, coleslaw and brussels sprouts

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 DSCN1125_zpsbfc90cf3

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

gosh Norm that looks great.  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 1628686546 

I just the other day thought gee I sure could go for some home made fish & chips.I have not made that in years.Yesterday on PBS I watched Sara Moulton make fried cat fish.It really has been a long time since I had any catfish.Truth be told it always seems to have to many bones left in it.

I have not had great fish & chips since I left Canada.That brings my mind to I have not had good sourdough since I gave up having it shipped from SanFran Ca.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth I just made that myself.Last week I think.
It looks really good too. I still have several frozen whole chickens.carrots & yukons.. ummm.
I might roast it again in my CI skillet.Only just do a half this time.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Norm, I forgot to ask....Did you make any of your "not-tartar" sauce for your fish?

Gosh, but I miss her.....

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 2876911673 

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 1838020472 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 1297124391 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 1738318596 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy made ribs recently....one mention was all it took for me to want ribs, too!

So, tonight it's gonna be a baby rack of ribs and butternut squash....I WILL NOT FORGET IT IN THE OVEN THIS TIME! I think I have some green beans...maybe I'll blanch 'em and then decide what to do with them. Barb's parmesan ones looked good. But, I've got a shallot I could crisp up like Imelda does...that sounds good, too. Hmmmm, all day to decide!

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol me too. can't decide. I want kraut & pork with apples or potatoe.

or roast chicken,cept my chicken is rock solid frozen.

I have been wanting enchilada s for the longest time. 7 layer dip,beer.

I would like fish & chips but that seems like to much trouble.lol

IDK..Gonna be pushing 70` today so maybe I will grill a nice big fat burger with onion rings or fries.

bethk

bethk
Admin

the other thing I'm hungry for is what Mom always called a New England Dinner....

yeah, now I remember ~ THAT'S what I bought the beans for! Smoked sausage, potato, onion, carrot, green beans & sweet corn (yeah, I bought one ear just for this meal) - all simmered just until cooked through in a bit of homemade chicken or ham stock. I just use the Johnsonville smoked beef brats because they have the seasoned taste and (more importantly) texture of smoked sausage I like.

Mom always used something like the Hillshire Farms or Echrich brand smoked sausage ring but the texture of those is just too soft for me. When I was a kid we grew up on the Dinner Bell brand ~ and I loved that. But Dinner Bell brand went out of business years ago. I've seen some Southern brands of something called a hot link in the Publix stores here. Interesting looking - might give them a try one of these days when I find them on sale.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Smoked sausage, potato, onion, carrot, green beans . Yup I have made this a lot.If I don't have green beans, I add cabbage.Man I could eat the whole pan..

something my mom would make was Goulash, not the kind that comes in box or made with gd meat & mac noodles.This is made from chunk beef & served over wide noodles.The sauce was kinda sweet. I think it has brown sugar in it.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, yeah....I DO add cabbage, as well. I forgot.

Goulash is one of those meals that has a million different ways to be made. Depends upon where you grew up and what your heritage was (or your mom's friend's heritage....lol). I've had it made with chunks of beef and a paprika/sour cream sauce, over wide egg noodles. And I've had it made with elbow macaroni with ground beef and tomatoes. It's all good.

darn - now you have me hungry for THAT!

so many meals and just me to cook for. Gosh, I wish Dane would hurry up and get here. At least then I'd have more excuse to cook more. He IS tired of his own cooking.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I prefer to cook for myself.Can not stand it when I am asked,does it have onions in there?Does it have any mushrooms.I see green things.These tomato are to chunky. Has black beans, I will not eat those. Olives??? Gross.

This mac & cheese is not like Moms.(boxed)  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 2363720550 
all you have is diet soda.?

Can I eat this in the living room?

I don't like blue cheese.

and so on..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy made ribs recently....one mention was all it took for me to want ribs, too!

So, tonight it's gonna be a baby rack of ribs and butternut squash....I WILL NOT FORGET IT IN THE OVEN THIS TIME!  I think I have some green beans...maybe I'll blanch 'em and then decide what to do with them.  Barb's parmesan ones looked good.  But, I've got a shallot I could crisp up like Imelda does...that sounds good, too.  Hmmmm, all day to decide!

Those ribs were Baby Back ribs, and that was just about the size of it. Enough to feed a baby! There was no thick meat on the ribs. They must have been from a skinny piggy!
If there was a tbs. of meat on each rib, it was a lot. Tina picked them up because she was wishing for ribs, and that was all they had was baby back. Cryovac sealed pre packaged too!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I need to get a hobby.All I think about is what to cook.What to eat.What food to shop for. Suspect 

NormM

NormM

Barbara, these fillets were completely boneless. Beth, I used up the last of some bottled tartar sauce and some cocktail sauce.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

ok I got this covered.Took out a whole chicken from the freezer. Stack of burgers.Smoked sausage.The only fish I have is tillopia & mahi mahi.Shrimp.I want none of that.All tho fried shrimp might be good lol.

Thought about pork roast,but will wait on that.

Mexican food,, I want..later for that.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:I need to get a hobby.All I think about is what to cook.What to eat.What food to shop for. Suspect 

toss  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 3602300868  Barbara.. same as me.. I need other hobby other than cooking, eating and grocery stores shopping  Cool  well. I read too.. but usually at bedtime, even at my bedtime, I usually think what to eat or what to cook for the next day Very Happy 

all dinner meals here look so good and yummy..  all the pics are so tempting  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 3593629538 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 2 1628686546  I did not cook much.. I'm still recovering from holidays foods.. still working on the leftover.. but today I decided to start cooking.. I salmon stuffed in pastry on my mind.. I had bought mushrooms and kale ( instead of using spinach ).. so we'll see
 Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum