Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This was the chicken soup I made Yesterday!!

It really hit the spot with the frosty cold weather we had yesterday!

Mine was hit with parmesan cheese snowflakes!

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 G7yo

bethk

bethk
Admin

My Andrea just called to tell me about the horrible snow they are having in Indy area. I know it's gonna get to Dane soon if not already there.

I can't tell them that I had to put the top down on my car because 83° is just perfect convertible weather.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:My Andrea just called to tell me about the horrible snow they are having in Indy area.  I know it's gonna get to Dane soon if not already there.  

I can't tell them that I had to put the top down on my car because 83° is just perfect convertible weather.....

I'm just watching Indy right now, and it's piling on the snow.
3 more inches to go overnight, and it is gonna freeze into crunchie pillows of ice if it is not shoveled or plowed.

I remember when growing up in PA the ruts of ice from the tires would steer the car to where the opposite way that you wanted to go.
We though it was a riot, and poor dad had white knuckles squeezing the steering wheel tight. hahahahahahahaha
I remember leaving the tire chains on for 3 or 4 days because it was so cold.
Salt was no help, so they used cinders ( ashes ) from the coal fired power plants on the roads.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Jimmy, salt does nothing until it's in the 30's, I think. Colder than that and it just doesn't melt anything. Andrea said they were under a "stay OFF THE ROAD" directive - they can't get it plowed and they don't want a bunch of idiots who think they need a loaf of bread or gallon of milk....none at the stores by now anyway.

Your soup looks comforting. A few days ago my friend, Barb, said she was down with the cold/flu thing again so I thawed out some stock, added carrots & celery and used my last 2 eggs to make some noodles. She loved it. When it's for a sick one, I don't add any meat - just a few vegetables, well done, and noodles (in this case, homemade ones).

Robin texted me with a pic of the 18" of snow piled on top of the grill sitting on the patio - I guess no burgers for her dad tonight! I couldn't resist and sent her a pic of my meal.....boy, do I feel mean!

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 010514

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Yummy soup Jimmy.. and juicy and delicious ribs Beth..

my first cooking in 2014 ( after eating leftover foods  Smile ) salmon stuffed in pastry.. served on couscous.. it was so good

I sauteed kale + onion + mushrooms

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 3-4

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 1-5

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 2-4

bethk

bethk
Admin

Goodness, Imelda, that is magazine worthy pics! Absolutely beautiful.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 Scampi

scratch all the other food items for today.I went a whole different way.simple fast & used up the asparagus.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth & Imeldas food,dinner looks  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 4137497845 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 1628686546 

bethk

bethk
Admin

BRAVO, Barb...BRAVO !! January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 1628686546 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 1628686546 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 1628686546 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gee Wizzikers!!
Beth Imelda and Barb... That food all looks so good.

Tina made baked ziti with leftover ricotta and mozzarella and sauce with meatballs.
She baked it in a clear glass anchor hocking, and the edges near the glass sides caramelized. Naturally, I ate all around the edges. hahahahaha

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Gee Wizzikers!!
Beth Imelda and Barb... That food all looks so good.

Tina made baked ziti with leftover ricotta and mozzarella and sauce with meatballs.
She baked it in a clear glass anchor hocking, and the edges near the glass sides caramelized. Naturally, I ate all around the edges. hahahahaha

Thanks, Jimmy - it was a good meal. And I can just see you with your fork, pickin' your way all around the edges, scraping every crunchy morsel off that casserole dish. I'm sure you just told Tina you wanted to neaten it up for her..... Hahahahahaha!

I've been super hungry for meatloaf ~ so tonight meatloaf was on the menu! I've got about 6 more "personal" size meatloafs in the freezer, will wrap & stash after they are frozen, and also about 4 good sized Salisbury steak patties that I can cook with cream of mushroom soup & red wine and serve with mashed potatoes when Dane gets here. He and the 11 yr. old love that meal.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 010614

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh gosh I love that dinner  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 4056093967 

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 260345_2183276778913_8228266_n

I made something I have not had in years & years.Doubt it will another 10 years before I make it again.lol The gravy was to thick so I ended up not eating it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ummm! Beth, that really looks awesome.
Love the thick tater slices.

NormM

NormM

Cassie made dinner tonight. She stated a chuck roast in the slow cooker an hour and a half ago. I told her to use the pressure cooker or it would be midnight before we ate. With the pressure cooker it was done in 45 minutes. It was good. She also had new potatoes, rolls with a sweet buttery 'icing' and a pull apart cinnamon bread. Everything was delicious.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 260345_2183276778913_8228266_n

I made something I have not had in years & years.Doubt it will another 10 years before I make it again.lol The gravy was to thick so I ended up not eating it.

Barb. Could you have maybe spooned off the gravy, and then add liquid and put it back on?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Aw, come on Barb....you just wanted it nice and thick so it would photograph nicely.

I don't care what you say, I would have eaten it - looks fantastic to me!

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Cassie made dinner tonight. She stated a chuck roast in the slow cooker an hour and a half ago. I told her to use the pressure cooker or it would be midnight before we ate.  With the pressure cooker it was done in 45 minutes.  It was good. She also had new potatoes, rolls with a sweet buttery 'icing' and a pull apart cinnamon bread.  Everything was delicious.

Good call on the pressure cooker, Norm ~ and a lesson for Cassie at the same time. It's good to teach 'em to have a Plan B in their back pocket.

Barbara101

Barbara101

think I might make a cake today. comfort food lol

roast chicken might be in the making to.I thought about chicken & dumplings but no..Roast will be better.Better use of leftovers.

Think a pot of beans sounds good too.side of cornbread.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wanted to let you all pretend there isn't snow EVERYWHERE.....

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 010714shivering

I will say, however, my palm tree is shivering in the wind out there! Brrrrrrr!

NormM

NormM

I forgot to mention the salad Cassie made. It was with blue cheese, romaine lettuce, red onion, candied pecans and a poppy seed dressing.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I wanted to let you all pretend there isn't snow EVERYWHERE.....

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 3 010714shivering

I will say, however, my palm tree is shivering in the wind out there!  Brrrrrrr!

Oh! Beth! ... The Poor Monkeys are gonna catch cold!
I see one monkey....oh wait, there is the other one, it's picking fleas off the other one.
Awww...Poor things! Did you feed the monkey's today? LOL LOL LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I think the cold is affecting my brain!!!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I'm roasting chicken now... lemon, garlic and rosemary... we are planning to eat couscous salad for this whole week, we started yesterday with couscous and salmon salad, today will be roast chicken on couscous salad.. I bought some mango and thought to add in my salad.. I'll post my picture later  Laughing 

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking for me tonight - got invited to "Girls' Night Out" and we're going to Katie Belle's (restaurant and entertainment venue) for grins & giggles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum