Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby, it's cold outside!

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
Crybaby
Barbara101
NormM
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, Norm, you should have called Jimmy. Bet he would have made the trip and only charged you $1,500! lol

Just stay warm....don't let the repair guy shut down the system.

77Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:08 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have one that has never been used.Someone told my Mom she needed one  Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 2855670339 Yah right like we need more humidity..

78Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Barb, turn the plug upside down.....maybe it will run backwards and turn into a DE-humidifier....

Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 2876911673 

79Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Hey, Barb, turn the plug upside down.....maybe it will run backwards and turn into a DE-humidifier....

Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 2876911673 

now that I could use.

I can't even sell the thing.who down here would buy it . Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 1838020472 

80Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Early AM it is 49 degrees (I wish I knew where the degree sign was located). it will be in the mid-seventies the rest of the day.

81Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:
NormM wrote:It's 5 now.  Should get up to a balmy 32.  I have a heating and cooling guy coming out to assess whether I need my repaired or replaced.  He's charging $67.00 just to drive out here and ring the doorbell.  

It was -3º this am and now it's +3º.
Once Thursday hits, we will be back to normal.

Tina just went to the quick check to get hot dog rolls.
She made a huge pot of BBQ'd Hot Dogs, and they are simmering on the stove now. I said,"Who the heck is coming for dinner, the whole Ball Park?"

She's gonna give a bunch to the neighbor next door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gee, the 67 bucks to just step in the door should be deducted if you get a new humidifier. I don't know what type humidifier you have, but my experience with humidity control, is favorable toward the drum type vaporization.
There are two common most used types for residential furnace humidifiers.
The honeycomb panel type where the water is trickled at the top of the panel and trickles down the panel. The warm air is passed through the panel and it evaporates the moisture into the furnace and throughout the hume duct system. The actual evaporation is performed on much less surface area on the pad / panel.

Now. the drum type. which is typically a spongeous material at around 6 inches in diameter X approx. 8 inces wide. If you were to roll out that drum media , it would be 1/3 or more surface area than the Panel type evaporator pad. That means more humidification / evaporation during the pass through of the warm air.
I do not have forced warm air heat in my house. I heat with Hot Water baseboard heat, so there is no air exchange. I mounted a humidifier in the laundry / utility room. and added a small low cfm fan to draw the air over the media, and blow through a register (8x12) mounted in the hallway and directed to blow upward into the main stairway and upstairs.
I hooked the water supply to the hot water line to aid in evaporation, and I had humidity so great, I couldn't believe it myself.
The humidistat was mounted in the livingroom, and the darn thing ran independently of the heating system. It was great, and it kept up the humidity level in the whole house.

The panel type media / evaporator pad, is constructed with a material like a papyrus egg carton. It works well, but quickly hardens from the water mineral deposits and that reduces the evaporation rate.

The drum type, is easy to remove and clean with a light acid like CLR or even vinegar. One could usually double the life of the drum media by cleaning it and rinsing it out at least once.

Better yet...hahaha. throw a stock pot of water on the stove, and let it simmer. LOL

82Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gosh, Norm, you should have called Jimmy.  Bet he would have made the trip and only charged you $1,500!  lol

Just stay warm....don't let the repair guy shut down the system.

Call Jimmy, and he will save you tons of money!

Take a Big Stock Pot; Fill it with water, and simmer it on the stovetop all day!

Bingo!!! One Cheap Humidifier that works!

83Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Early AM it is 49 degrees (I wish I knew where the degree sign was located). it will be in the mid-seventies the rest of the day.

Bugster - I have a Dell PC. When I want the degree symbol "°" I hold down the Alt key and then use the number keypad and hit 2-4-8 and then let go of the Alt key. See if that works for you.

84Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I make sure the numbers lock is on
then I hold ALT down while typing in the numbers pad at the right... 4 then two the three; then let go of the ALT button and the º sign appears.

85Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The ALT- 248 worked. Thanks. I still don't know what half the keys are for on my keypad too. One of these days I will look up what they are for.

86Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

↨º " T Ä Ç ∞ ÿ T £ ƒ ª Æ ↨ ► ╘ Φ Z ╝ F ◙ !
Ü ◘ ◘ • ╖
I created these just by making different number combinations.
Somewhere out there there is a chart to make various ones.

87Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Looks like something middle-eastern.

88Baby, it's cold outside! - Page 4 Empty Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Looks like something middle-eastern.

§ ..= snake in a basket

♪ = make a note of it! hahaha

¿ = Now I really don't know

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum