Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MY Orange cheesecake

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MY Orange cheesecake Empty MY Orange cheesecake Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

MY Orange cheesecake Orangevanilladreamcheesecake400j

I am going to be making a lot of Orange food for the rest of the month.

MY Orange cheesecake Orangevanilladreamcheesecake425j

2MY Orange cheesecake Empty Re: MY Orange cheesecake Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:09 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

What about making a sweet potato casserole or pie? Orange Jell-O salad?

3MY Orange cheesecake Empty Re: MY Orange cheesecake Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara, that orange cheesecake is absolutely gorgeous! I'll bet that would be a good use for our blood oranges in January. Would you care to share your recipe?

Many thanks...Smile 

4MY Orange cheesecake Empty Re: MY Orange cheesecake Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crust Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter

Filling Ingredients:

3 packages (24 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
4 eggs
8 ounces sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon orange extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
3 drops red food coloring
12 drops yellow food coloring
Instructions:

1. To prepare crust, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Melt butter and stir thoroughly into crumb mixture.

2. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter. Press crumbs into bottom of the springform pan, working them up the sides if desired (the bottom of a 1-cup measuring cup works well for this).

3. Bake crust at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.

4. Begin making the cheesecake filling by placing softened cream cheese into a large bowl. Mix sugar and corn starch in a bowl and then add to cream cheese; stir until smooth. (You can also use an electric mixer on the lowest speed, but doing so will add extra air into the cheesecake and increase the chance of cracking during baking.)

5. Crack 4 eggs into a bowl; add eggs one at a time to the filling mixture and stir, scraping down the sides after adding each egg.

6. Mix in sour cream.

7. Place two cups of cream cheese mixture into a second bowl.

8. In the original bowl, stir in vanilla and set aside.

9. In the second bowl, add 2 egg yolks, orange extract, orange zest, and the food colorings, and stir.

10. Using a 1-cup measure, pour mixtures into the center of the springform pan by alternating white and orange filling. (To create a "perfect" swirl, pour batter directly into the middle of the pan. Each additional pouring will form a new circle inside the last.)

11. When finished pouring fillings into the pan, very slightly swirl the top of the cake with a knife to achieve a gentle marbling effect.

12. Place into preheated oven (325 degrees) and bake for 80-90 minutes or until almost set. Sides should be set with a slight rippling effect at the center of the cake (the cake will completely set as it cools and is refrigerated).

13. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. After about 30-60 minutes you can remove the outside of the springform; you may need to run a knife around the edge of the cheese cake to loosen the sides before removing the springform.

14. After cooled, place uncovered cheesecake in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight before serving. Slice into 12-16 slices.
Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake

5MY Orange cheesecake Empty Re: MY Orange cheesecake Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:01 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Thanks, Barbara, for the recipe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum