Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Made another cheesecake

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Made another cheesecake on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am

Barbara101

Plain basic cheesecake.I took a small piece then gave the rest away.. Suspect 

2 Re: Made another cheesecake on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Bugster2

Seeing that cheesecake makes me want to make my cinnamon roll cheesecake. Haven't made one in a couple of years.

3 Re: Made another cheesecake on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Plain basic cheesecake.I took a small piece then gave the rest away.. Suspect 

Nice looking cake....

Tina makes a cheesecake around thanksgiving....a recipe from her aunt ( actually Gabes late wife)...and it is a pumpkin cheesecake. I do not like it. I love pumpkin cooked / bread / and pie, but cheesecake???
I don't think so!!

4 Re: Made another cheesecake on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Seeing that cheesecake makes me want to make my cinnamon roll cheesecake. Haven't made one in a couple of years.

What is that bugs?
basically, how is that put together? like a ice cream roll cake??

5 Re: Made another cheesecake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:48 am

Bugster2

6 Re: Made another cheesecake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Here are the pictures and recipe:

http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2010/02/07/loud-and-proud/

Thank You Bugs...

That looks great, and the cinnamon bun combo with the cheesecake would be right up Tina's Alley !!!... She loves cinnamon rolls / buns.
PS: .... So Do I!

Thank You for the recipe and the site.

7 Re: Made another cheesecake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Bugster2

Norm has made it. It is over the top and very sweet. A little goes a long way.

8 Re: Made another cheesecake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Norm has made it. It is over the top and very sweet. A little goes a long way.

Good to know. Tina is a sweet eater...guarantee she would love it.

Ya know those annies pretzels in the mall?
Tina always asks for another container of that drizzle icing that you get with the sugar / cinnamon softee pretzels to dip in. Oh ho Ho Ho Ho!
Then it hits her.... sick and gag and dizzy. With Stomach B/P surgery, that's the first thing they tell you. Eat sugar, and look out to lay down and lay in the fetal position, cause you will guarantee you will get sick.
After a half hour though....it goes away. Weird!

9 Re: Made another cheesecake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Bugster2

That used to happen to me (and still does) with those commercial birthday cakes that have the frosting that is made with shortening. If I eat enough of that I will start to sweat, my stomach is rolling. If I haven't thrown it up, it will pass in half an hour.

10 Re: Made another cheesecake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:That used to happen to me (and still does) with those commercial birthday cakes that have the frosting that is made with shortening. If I eat enough of that I will start to sweat, my stomach is rolling. If I haven't thrown it up, it will pass in half an hour.

That's because your / and Tinas stomach, are not absorbing the sugar, and instead,
it is fully absorbed in the small intestine. That in turn throws the body into an glucose imbalance.

That also is a reason Tina gets no nourishment from other foods. But the sweets / carbs make up for it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum