Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Angel Trumpet Tree is blooming again.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane takes such good care of the plants around our house. All our neighbors are jealous of his Angel Trumpet Tree! One of our neighbors told us it's in the potato family, a nightshade plant.....and not to eat any of it or let pets eat it because it's poisonous. Don't know about that but it sure is pretty.

And it smells good, too!

Angel Trumpet Tree is blooming again..... 110

Angel Trumpet Tree is blooming again..... 210

Angel Trumpet Tree is blooming again..... 310

JanaAZ

That’s really pretty.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

When we were kids, we used to snap off the trumpet, and then suck on the tip while biting gently to get the sweet taste.
That is a really healthy plant Beth. Tell Dane, he did a great job.

"In the valley of the Giant,.... hoe hoe hoe, Green Giant!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy....it's amazing you and brother didn't drop over if it's the same plant that my neighbor told me was poison!

Crybaby

Crybaby

It was in the news a lot down here (our climate like yours is perfect for them) that young people were using them to get high despite serious safety concerns.

They use angel's trumpet as a recreational drug to induce hallucinations and euphoria. You don't see as many of them here as you used to due to lots of people getting rid of them after it was well publicized down here in case teens were lurking in your yard, I guess! Razz Very Happy

Like I told you before, Beth. Keep an eye out for any lurking oldies in the hood!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum