Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Night Blooming Jasmine

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Night Blooming Jasmine on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:29 am

bethk

Admin
Our Night Blooming Jasmine is in full bloom ~ FINALLY !!!  I've been waiting for almost a year to have my bedroom window open allowing the sweet fragrance to surround me as I sleep.  We planted a couple plants right outside our bedroom windows, on a trellis, so when they were in bloom we could fill the room with the evening breezes ~ love it when a plan comes together!

The tiny flowers are covering the plants....the fragrance is so intense and sweet.

We even brought in a pot that wasn't planted in the ground so the living room would be fragrant as well!

2 Re: Night Blooming Jasmine on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Crybaby

It does indeed smell divine. I just wonder when window-opening time will get here....

3 Re: Night Blooming Jasmine on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:58 pm

bethk

Admin
Our night time temps have been in the mid 60's ~ really wonderful!

4 Re: Night Blooming Jasmine on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:36 am

Bugster2

Our jasmine blooms in the spring, not in the fall. I wonder why? My chives have sprouted flowers that smell really good at night. My trumpet vine is still blooming too along with the lantanas.

5 Re: Night Blooming Jasmine on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:57 am

bethk

Admin
Cheryle and I were out in the courtyard this morning having our coffee and the light was just starting to appear. She saw something flying around the jasmine by my bedroom window and we suddenly realized it was a hummingbird. I tried to get a pic of it but it took off because I got too close....((sigh))

Now I'm going to have to keep watch to see if it returns.

6 Re: Night Blooming Jasmine on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:32 pm

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Our night time temps have been in the mid 60's ~ really wonderful!

Ours, too, Beth, but that's not cool enough for me! Today and this weekend is glorious, though -- highs in the mid 70s and lows in the high 50s. Now THAT's window open weather for me!

7 Re: Night Blooming Jasmine on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Cheryle and I were out in the courtyard this morning having our coffee and the light was just starting to appear.  She saw something flying around the jasmine by my bedroom window and we suddenly realized it was a hummingbird.  I tried to get a pic of it but it took off because I got too close....((sigh))

Now I'm going to have to keep watch to see if it returns.

Oooh, I love hummingbirds! We have them in our backyard (they like the orange tree) and we put feeders up, too. They're so pretty and fun to watch, too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum