Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome November what's cooking!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Supper was one of those meals where 'one' of us couldn't decided if the meal was good.....so he had to have a second huge serving just to make sure. It was deemed pretty darn good!

I ended up putting my second short rib back ~ the meat is so very rich I didn't need very much to be completely satisfied. But the pic looked better with two than one.....

I didn't make a thickened sauce or gravy out of the braising liquid, just spooned it over the noodles so it was really quite light. I always have the most difficulty deciding on a wine to use because I'm not a wine drinker and I just hope what I pick up is good. Today I got an Australian Shiraz ~ and when I opened it to taste it was really very good. Go figure.....I got lucky today!


52 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:42 pm

NormM

avatar
Thank you Michelle. As time goes by, it gets harder and harder to take a good picture of me. Tonight dinner was chili, onion rings and watermelon. I like to use my Santa Fe dining car plates when I serve chili.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

53 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Looks good, Beth! Yep, braised short ribs are always richer than I remember. Short ribs smell so darn good while they're cooking that I usually serve myself more than I can eat.

I use a combination of Cabernet Sauvignon and ruby port when I braise short ribs, Beth, but Shiraz is also a good full-bodied wine that is perfect for the job. Good for drinking, too, I might add. Razz

Now I'm going to have to get some short tibs as you've got my mouth watering for them.

54 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Crybaby wrote:Looks good, Beth! Yep, braised short ribs are always richer than I remember. Short ribs smell so darn good while they're cooking that I usually serve myself more than I can eat.

I use a combination of Cabernet Sauvignon and ruby port when I braise short ribs, Beth, but Shiraz is also a good full-bodied wine that is perfect for the job. Good for drinking, too, I might add.  Razz

Now I'm going to have to get some short tibs as you've got my mouth watering for them.

And to think, ...... years ago we could get those ribs free or a few pennies as bones for the dog. Tsk tsk tsk.....

55 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Crybaby

avatar
NormM wrote:Thank you Michelle.  As time goes by, it gets harder and harder to take a good picture of me.  Tonight dinner was chili, onion rings and watermelon. I like to use my Santa Fe dining car plates when I serve chili.

You're lucky, Norm, as I rarely like ANY photos of myself!

And that dinner would look good no matter WHAT you served it on -- but I do really like those plates. Yum. Now I want chili AND braised short ribs!  


Brian has been sick (mainly nausea and stomach pains) for a couple of days now so neither of us has cooked. Yesterday all he wanted was a half of a leftover hamburger for dinner once he felt better. Today the nausea returned so late afternoon I heated up a cup of chicken stock for him. I had to laugh, as he said it was the best chicken stock he ever had!

I can't remember Brian NOT voting, which shows you how bad he felt today. I waited until 4 p.m. to go as it was raining off and on all day; plus I waited just in case Brian felt better and thought he could make it. I decided I'd better go once 4 p.m. rolled around in case it got busy once people got off work. I'm lucky, as I just have to drive down to the Algiers Courthouse to vote, which is only about 5 blocks away. Found a parking place a couple doors away and the rain held off until I got back home.

I was again disappointed with the turnout at my polling place, though a lot more people voted than normally do (I always look at what number voter I am when I sign in). One of the poll workers told me it was the largest turnout he'd seen since taking the job and I remarked that it was still shameful. I'm always gobsmacked at how many people don't vote...

56 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:53 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

And to think, ...... years ago we could get those ribs free or a few pennies as bones for the dog. Tsk tsk tsk.....

Yeah, that's the hard part about getting to be our age.....we remember when you could eat good for very little. I mean, chicken wings and necks were practically given away. Flank steak was next to nothing if they didn't use it to grind up for hamburger. So much that we ate that had to be cooked for a long time was really cheap. Have you seen the price of SOUP BONES?? I just can't spend that kind of cash on bones. Drives me nuts.....

57 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Niagara Visitor


I hope that you have all gone and voted!  We, in Canada, are also waiting impatiently to find out what happens.  Best of luck!

58 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:26 am

Bugster2

avatar
bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

And to think, ...... years ago we could get those ribs free or a few pennies as bones for the dog. Tsk tsk tsk.....

Yeah, that's the hard part about getting to be our age.....we remember when you could eat good for very little.  I mean, chicken wings and necks were practically given away.  Flank steak was next to nothing if they didn't use it to grind up for hamburger.  So much that we ate that had to be cooked for a long time was really cheap.  Have you seen the price of SOUP BONES??  I just can't spend that kind of cash on bones.  Drives me nuts.....

Soup bones! Isn't that the truth! They cost as much as meat out here. You used to be able to get them for free. Brisket was dirt cheap. Flank steak was dirt cheap. It costs as much as steak now. Flap meat almost as expensive. Wings cost more than breasts.

I went into an Aldi's for the first time. Some things are really cheap, some not. What I did find shocking was fresh turkeys. They had expiration dates far into 2019. What are they putting in them to keep them fresh for so long? I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

Got a wretched stomach ache from one bite of an Italian sub sandwich. Been dosing myself with Pepto. No relief yet.

59 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Last night I made a pate recipe from Food & Wine. It was a recipe from a restaurant. It had Portobello mushrooms, porcini shrooms, sun dried tomato, rosemary, lemon, tamari, miso. It was all ground up in my food processor. Katie loved it. Me? Not so much. A tad bit too earthy for my taste. I will stick to chicken/pork/liver variety.

60 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Crybaby

avatar
bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

And to think, ...... years ago we could get those ribs free or a few pennies as bones for the dog. Tsk tsk tsk.....

Yeah, that's the hard part about getting to be our age.....we remember when you could eat good for very little.  I mean, chicken wings and necks were practically given away.  Flank steak was next to nothing if they didn't use it to grind up for hamburger.  So much that we ate that had to be cooked for a long time was really cheap.  Have you seen the price of SOUP BONES??  I just can't spend that kind of cash on bones.  Drives me nuts.....


REALLY, Beth! The price of soup bones and marrow bones still boggles my mind. It also gripes me that they don't seem to be available all the time. I have a SUPER recipe for beef stock that I got from Cook's Illustrated about 28 years ago that uses either 6 lbs. of beef shank OR 4 lbs. of chuck and 2 pounds of small marrowbones -- and we all know what happened to the price of a chuck roast as well. I rarely make it because it's really a lot of money to spend to just make STOCK but occasionally when I make my "Christmas Sauce," for standing rib roast or whole beef tenderloin, I make some to use in that sauce as I'm not crazy about the beef broth sold in the grocery. (Otherwise I use homemade chicken broth with a tablespoon or two of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base and it comes out just fine.)

I remember when I was about 19 or 20, an elderly woman I worked with was complaining that chicken was up to 29 cents a pound!  I remember thinking to myself at the time how I didn't think it was that much at all, but then that poor lady probably remembered when it was 10 cents a pound. Ironically, it's the "price" of getting old.

I thought about being old this morning. I told Brian it was my father's birthday today -- the one date I could always remember with ease in history classes, 11.7.17, the date of the Bolshevik Revolution -- and he would have been 101 today. He died at 61. Brian and I were marveling that it's been 40 years since he died and that I'm now 65 and Brian is 71  Razz  Razz

61 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Debbie wrote:I went into an Aldi's for the first time. Some things are really cheap, some not. What I did find shocking was fresh turkeys. They had expiration dates far into 2019. What are they putting in them to keep them fresh for so long? I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

I'm guessing, Debbie, that the expiration date is a suggested time limit for how long that turkey can be kept frozen in your home freezer.

We don't have Aldi's down here but I've been seeing television ads for Aldi's for a couple of months now. They must be running here when Aldi's makes a regional TV ad purchase and our viewing area is in that region. Same thing happened many years ago with Red Lobster ads. People kept asking where Red Lobster restaurants were located here (pre-Internet) but it was due to regional TV time purchases (I used to be in advertising for years before I went to paralegal school just to GET OUT of advertising). Back then, I used to go on the computer in a Fidonet international cooking group online which had just a handful of New Orleanian participants. One regular was a cook at Red Lobster and rightfully said she didn't think the restaurant would be popular here because everything is not only frozen but portion controlled; she said, rightly so, that due to our proliferation of fresh seafood, she doubted it would fly. One finally opened but nicer local restaurants were flying in fresh lobsters so I was never tempted to go and then groceries started selling lives ones in tanks. An attorney I worked for told me years ago that grammar school kids her daughter's age always wanted to go there for their birthdays or other celebrations. I asked her how she found Red Lobster. She said, "Not only is it BAD, but it's expensive bad food!"

But those regional TV buys really created a lot of pre-opening demand around here for a Red Lobster so I guess that's what convinced someone to open a franchise here. I guess it does well as it's still open and in the same Metairie (suburb) location. Has me wondering if Aldi's will be opening up here anytime soon.

62 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Crybaby wrote:
Debbie wrote:I went into an Aldi's for the first time. Some things are really cheap, some not. What I did find shocking was fresh turkeys. They had expiration dates far into 2019. What are they putting in them to keep them fresh for so long? I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

I'm guessing, Debbie, that the expiration date is a suggested time limit for how long that turkey can be kept frozen in your home freezer.

We don't have Aldi's down here but I've been seeing television ads for Aldi's for a couple of months now. They must be running here when Aldi's makes a regional TV ad purchase and our viewing area is in that region. Same thing happened many years ago with Red Lobster ads. People kept asking where Red Lobster restaurants were located here (pre-Internet) but it was due to regional TV time purchases (I used to be in advertising for years before I went to paralegal school just to GET OUT of advertising). Back then, I used to go on the computer in a Fidonet international cooking group online which had just a handful of New Orleanian participants. One regular was a cook at Red Lobster and rightfully said she didn't think the restaurant would be popular here because everything is not only frozen but portion controlled; she said, rightly so, that due to our proliferation of fresh seafood, she doubted it would fly. One finally opened but nicer local restaurants were flying in fresh lobsters so I was never tempted to go and then groceries started selling lives ones in tanks. An attorney I worked for told me years ago that grammar school kids her daughter's age always wanted to go there for their birthdays or other celebrations. I asked her how she found Red Lobster. She said, "Not only is it BAD, but it's expensive bad food!"

But those regional TV buys really created a lot of pre-opening demand around here for a Red Lobster so I guess that's what convinced someone to open a franchise here. I guess it does well as it's still open and in the same Metairie (suburb) location. Has me wondering if Aldi's will be opening up here anytime soon.

These were FRESH turkeys! I have no problem with frozen. They are actually fresher than fresh.

63 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Crybaby wrote:
Debbie wrote:I went into an Aldi's for the first time. Some things are really cheap, some not. What I did find shocking was fresh turkeys. They had expiration dates far into 2019. What are they putting in them to keep them fresh for so long? I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

These were FRESH turkeys! I have no problem with frozen. They are actually fresher than fresh.


I realize they were fresh turkeys, Debbie. What I meant was that I think that the expiration date was most assuredly on there for people who end up FREEZING them.

64 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:Last night I made a pate recipe from Food & Wine. It was a recipe from a restaurant. It had Portobello  mushrooms, porcini shrooms, sun dried tomato, rosemary, lemon, tamari, miso. It was all ground up in my food processor. Katie loved it. Me? Not so much. A tad bit too earthy for my taste. I will stick to chicken/pork/liver variety.


I think this sounded very good, Debbie. Why don't you post the recipe?

65 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Bugster2

avatar

Porcini-and-Pecan Pâté
Servings: 4
Cook Time: 35 min


Total Time: 1 HR 20 MIN
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
1 cup boiling water
1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, stemmed
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast (see note)
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1 teaspoon light miso
2 dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes halves
salt
toasted baguette slices, for serving


Yield: Serves : 4 to 6

Step 1

Put the pecans in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let stand for 1 hour.

Step 2

Meanwhile, in a small heatproof bowl, cover the porcini with the boiling water and let stand until softened, about 15 minutes. Rub the porcini to remove grit; transfer them to a small bowl. Reserve the soaking liquid.

Step 3

Cut the portobello caps in half and, with a sharp paring knife, trim off the dark gills on the underside of each one. Slice the caps into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.

Step 4

In a bowl, whisk together the tamari, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, rosemary and miso. Add the sliced portobellos and toss to coat thoroughly. Let stand for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.

Step 5

In a small saucepan, combine the soaked porcini and sun-dried tomatoes. Slowly pour in the porcini soaking liquid, stopping before you reach the grit at the bottom. Bring the liquid to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat until the tomatoes are tender, about 4 minutes.

Step 6

Drain the pecans and transfer them to a food processor. With a slotted spoon, transfer the marinated portobellos, porcini and tomatoes to the processor; puree to a coarse paste, adding about 1/4 cup of the porcini cooking liquid. Add a little more of the porcini liquid if the mixture is too thick. Season lightly with salt.

Step 7

Transfer the pâté to a crock and serve with toasted baguette rounds.

66 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:
Porcini-and-Pecan Pâté
Servings: 4
Cook Time: 35 min


Thanks so much, Debbie! Sounds really good to me. I love pâté but Brian doesn't care for liver so I only get a small piece of it when I see a pâté I like. He just might like this one and since I recently bought some light miso, I have every single ingredient to make this (just got some baby Portobello mushrooms today so it's kismet you posted this).

I do have one question: How big a crock or mold did you use to put this in? I don't have an official crock made for pâté but I have something in mind I might be able to use. Share with me what size mold you used when you have a chance.

Again, thanks for posting the recipe for me. Smile

67 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Crybaby wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:
Porcini-and-Pecan Pâté
Servings: 4
Cook Time: 35 min


Thanks so much, Debbie! Sounds really good to me. I love pâté but Brian doesn't care for liver so I only get a small piece of it when I see a pâté I like. He just might like this one and since I recently bought some light miso, I have every single ingredient to make this (just got some baby Portobello mushrooms today so it's kismet you posted this).  

I do have one question: How big a crock or mold did you use to put this in? I don't have an official crock made for pâté but I have something in mind I might be able to use. Share with me what size mold you used when you have a chance.

Again, thanks for posting the recipe for me. Smile  

Katie said it needed a smear of Dijon and some thinly sliced red onion on top.

68 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Supper tonight was BBQ sauced pork steaks, Delicata Squash, Peas and Tostones (twice fried green plantains).


69 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:49 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Crybaby wrote:


REALLY, Beth! The price of soup bones and marrow bones still boggles my mind. It also gripes me that they don't seem to be available all the time. I have a SUPER recipe for beef stock that I got from Cook's Illustrated about 28 years ago that uses either 6 lbs. of beef shank OR 4 lbs. of chuck and 2 pounds of small marrowbones -- and we all know what happened to the price of a chuck roast as well. I rarely make it because it's really a lot of money to spend to just make STOCK but occasionally when I make my "Christmas Sauce," for standing rib roast or whole beef tenderloin, I make some to use in that sauce as I'm not crazy about the beef broth sold in the grocery. (Otherwise I use homemade chicken broth with a tablespoon or two of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base and it comes out just fine.)

I remember when I was about 19 or 20, an elderly woman I worked with was complaining that chicken was up to 29 cents a pound!  I remember thinking to myself at the time how I didn't think it was that much at all, but then that poor lady probably remembered when it was 10 cents a pound. Ironically, it's the "price" of getting old.

I thought about being old this morning. I told Brian it was my father's birthday today -- the one date I could always remember with ease in history classes, 11.7.17, the date of the Bolshevik Revolution -- and he would have been 101 today. He died at 61. Brian and I were marveling that it's been 40 years since he died and that I'm now 65 and Brian is 71  Razz  Razz

I agree about not liking any of the 'beef' broth or stock. It all tastes fake to me ~ and always seems to have an 'off' flavor.

I've been making my beef stock using a method seen on Jeff Smith's 'Frugal Gourmet' (before he got into the legal trouble and suddenly went off the air).

It used knuckle bones, cut, ox tails or beef shanks.....roasted with veg in a hot oven and simmered for hours. I use to make it for French Onion Soup......another 3 day process and that was AFTER the beef stock was made. I must have been nuts.

70 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Bugster2

avatar
bethk wrote:
Crybaby wrote:


REALLY, Beth! The price of soup bones and marrow bones still boggles my mind. It also gripes me that they don't seem to be available all the time. I have a SUPER recipe for beef stock that I got from Cook's Illustrated about 28 years ago that uses either 6 lbs. of beef shank OR 4 lbs. of chuck and 2 pounds of small marrowbones -- and we all know what happened to the price of a chuck roast as well. I rarely make it because it's really a lot of money to spend to just make STOCK but occasionally when I make my "Christmas Sauce," for standing rib roast or whole beef tenderloin, I make some to use in that sauce as I'm not crazy about the beef broth sold in the grocery. (Otherwise I use homemade chicken broth with a tablespoon or two of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base and it comes out just fine.)

I remember when I was about 19 or 20, an elderly woman I worked with was complaining that chicken was up to 29 cents a pound!  I remember thinking to myself at the time how I didn't think it was that much at all, but then that poor lady probably remembered when it was 10 cents a pound. Ironically, it's the "price" of getting old.

I thought about being old this morning. I told Brian it was my father's birthday today -- the one date I could always remember with ease in history classes, 11.7.17, the date of the Bolshevik Revolution -- and he would have been 101 today. He died at 61. Brian and I were marveling that it's been 40 years since he died and that I'm now 65 and Brian is 71  Razz  Razz

I agree about not liking any of the 'beef' broth or stock.  It all tastes fake to me ~ and always seems to have an 'off' flavor.

I've been making my beef stock using a method seen on Jeff Smith's 'Frugal Gourmet' (before he got into the legal trouble and suddenly went off the air).

It used knuckle bones, cut, ox tails or beef shanks.....roasted with veg in a hot oven and simmered for hours.  I use to make it for French Onion Soup......another 3 day process and that was AFTER the beef stock was made.  I must have been nuts.

I have done the same thing. I don't think I can afford it now.

71 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Well, I broke down last night and ordered a grocery delivery from Walmart. You place your order online (I clicked on "no substitutions"), see what delivery times are open, select one and provide aa credit card. I made a pretty big list online (this was around 3 a.m. because I was wide awake) and arranged for it to be delivered today between 1 and 2 p.m. They charge you $9.95 for the shopping AND the delivery, and that includes bringing it into your house!

At 1:33 p.m. today, I got an email from Walmart saying my order was on the way with an ETA of 1:48 p.m. and they gave me the delivery person's full name and the year, make and model of her car. It also listed 9 items that were out of stock and for which I wasn't charged as I'd clicked on no substitutions though you could select whether or not you would except a substitution for each product if you wanted. A very sweet lady showed up at exactly 1:45 p.m. and carried all the bags of groceries (it was a $300 order) into our kitchen. She was sweet as pie, very kind and a pleasure to deal with (great smile and good sense of humor, too). When she pulled up, Brian moved our car from in front of the house so she could back up and park right in front. She thanked him profusely for doing so. He tipped her $10 when she left and she seemed more than pleased. She said she was grateful she didn't have to bring all those groceries up any stairs, which happens sometimes when she delivers to an apartment!

When I clicked on Walmart's email, I saw where you could leave a tip for the driver after delivery if you wanted and they would just put it on your charge card. Good to know in case one doesn't have any cash handy when a delivery comes. We will definitely be using the service again; we were howling as we unpacked all the groceries as Brian said he'd have paid someone $10 just to bring it all up our four front steps and into the kitchen, much less do all the shopping for us! They save your orders online, too, so you can just click to add all the items from a prior order to your current order and then delete what you don't want and add any new items, a good time saver.

If anyone wants to try it if your local store offers delivery, let me know. I can send you a link which saves you $10 (full disclosure: I would get a $10 credit off my next order too). I think a good portion of their stores will now shop for you and have it ready for pickup and I think that is available at no charge. You just set the time you want to pick it up and they load it into your car.

I hadn't been in a Walmart since late 2005 but went by a couple of weeks ago with Brian who had a paper Rx for a very expensive drug. We did some research on the computer and with a GoodRx coupon, Walmart was the cheapest place at $179 and would order it for us (lots of places didn't stock it or wouldn't order it and the ones that would wanted about $250 or more to fill it). We just walked to the pharmacy area and left but on the way out, I checked out the produce section and it was not only much larger and nicer than it was years ago but they had a lot of really nice looking produce and a much larger selection than they used to carry years ago. That's what made me decide to try out their delivery service.

After the items were delivered, I got an email with a receipt which I simply read over after I put everything away and there was only one mistake. I ordered three 6-packs of Carnation Breakfast Essentials (Brian is underweight and so he drinks one or two of these a day to supplement his diet and they're chock full of vitamins and protein, too) and only two were delivered. You just call the Customer Care number on the receipt, give them your order number, tell them the problem and they credited my charge card. A totally pleasant experience and we will surely be doing it again.

Our local store Rouse's we shop at also offers delivery by two services, one for a flat price and one by paying an annual subscription for many deliveries. But the items they offered for sale online were substantially higher in price than the store sells them for so I decided against it unless we REALLY had to resort to that. We might have to pay more one day but I found Wal-Mart's prices pretty reasonable, and $10 for shopping, delivery and hauling into your kitchen was a bargain! I got a couple pounds of ground round and a pack of pork chops, too, which ended up being cheaper than the quoted price online as, of course, they're sold by weight in the store. The shopper picked out beautiful pork chops anf ground meat, too!

72 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:
Porcini-and-Pecan Pâté
Servings: 4
Cook Time: 35 min

I do have one question: How big a crock or mold did you use to put this in? I don't have an official crock made for pâté but I have something in mind I might be able to use. Share with me what size mold you used when you have a chance.

Again, thanks for posting the recipe for me. Smile  

Katie said it needed a smear of Dijon and some thinly sliced red onion on top.

Thanks. What size was the crock or mold you used?

73 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Oh crud! I just got a call from Costco telling me they can't put my new lenses in my old frames. Now I have to either pay $500 + for lenses that will fit some other place or try and find frames that fit my face at Costco (never had any luck). The only frames that usually fit are childrens and shocking pink isn't my first color choice. Or I will have to find new frames that will fit my lenses and have to pay $700. I am a freak of nature. Nothing fits from clothes to shoes to eyeglasses.

74 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Bugster2

avatar
I haven't seen any posts from Jimmy. I hope he is ok.

75 Re: Welcome November what's cooking! on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar

Jimmy is ok.

Supper was Chili with beans. Corn bread which I didn't eat. Too sweet!
I had my chili on top a 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Yogurt for dessert!....

Need to do a brain picking as far as what to cook. What to have good??
It's just frustrating, trying to decide. Maybe Breakfast for supper?? For a change?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum