Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day

+3
Imelda HL
NormM
cookingirl
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

bethk

bethk
Admin

All afternoon I could smell the beef pot roast as it cooked away in the oven.....and I was SO hungry for the taste of beef. It makes me so angry that I was unable to eat the heavenly meal I prepared yesterday for Christmas, other than two small bites of the beef and one of each of the vegetables & potatoes.

But tonight was different for me. I savored every bite I took. Dane mentioned he really had his fill of beef from Christmas but understood why I was still craving it. And just because he had his fill on Sunday didn't mean he stopped at just one small serving for supper tonight. LOL

I have enough beef shredded in the leftover gravy to put into the freezer for a (much) later meal of hot roast beef sandwiches with some horseradish ~ YUM! And the rest of the potatoes left from Christmas will get split into smaller serving sizes and stashed in the freezer as well. Even I've now had my fill of 'heavy' meals. I'm ready for something much lighter for the rest of the week ~ I just cannot think of what it might be right now.

December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 IMG_20161226_171228369_HDR

NormM

NormM

I used the Instant Pot to pressure cook a pork shoulder roast. It was just very basic using only water and liquid smoke to cook it. It was a trial run to get used to using it. It came out OK. We had it with little potatoes mixed with green beans and a salad. It wasn't picturesque enough to take a picture and the table is messy with Christmas candy and cookies anyway.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tell them they don't have to eat it. Sheesh! You must have the patience of a saint. Something has happened to me in my old age. I lose it too easily I would have said something nasty which is not good.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Honey baked ham sandwich for me. Joe had the remaining roast beef made into a sandwich and Katie had smoked turkey.

I have been watching Bizarre Foods and Andrew was in Australia visiting a diner called "The Road Kill Café". Their moto is "You Kill It, We Grill It". Too funny.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Tell them they don't have to eat it. Sheesh! You must have the patience of a saint. Something has happened to me in my old age. I lose it too easily I would have said something nasty which is not good.

Tomorrow, we are having friends over for lunch, and just to kibitz a bit....all casual and cowboy style.
I am slicing ham and kielbasi tonight, and into a foil pan. I will pull it out of refrigeration, and stick it in the oven for a few minutes for the lunch tomorrow.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, your mention of Kielbasi reminded me of Mr. Amazing ~ the guy who SAYS he's sensitive of garlic and can't eat anything with a lot of garlic....... On Christmas Eve at our friends' house, Lyn & Bill, we had snacks at 2:00 and dinner at 6:15 or so....one of the snacks was roasted Kielbasi cut into little rounds and served on the buffet with toothpicks. Mr. Amazing ate and ate and ate that Kielbasi, mentioning how good it was. I wanted to hit him in the head with a stick! You KNOW how much garlic is in fresh Kilbasi......but I didn't say a word. But inside, I was seething! LOL

Tonight we went back to a lighter supper. Grilled pork chops, split baked sweet potato & steamed broccoli. I'm stuffed. He's stuffed. We're both happy~

December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 IMG_20161227_171450840

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy Kielbasi Beth and Dane! Ha haha ha!
I did the same thing this afternoon. We had friends over for lunch, and I was eating sliced cold kielbasi, one, right after the other. Like eating pop corn, and not being able to stop!

bethk

bethk
Admin

We've been invited to some neighbors' tonight so no cooking....

I'm happy! No deciding on a menu, no work, no cleaning up ~ all is good.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No cooking tomorrow. GD's 24th birthday. We are going to eat at Casa de Pasta restaurant, in Randolph Twp.

Tonight....it was ham slices, and potato salad...also, whatever was in front of the fridge; and easy to grab. Tina was out all day. She and GD went to Hamburg, NJ to get their hair done.
Son Jimmy watched the baby at their house.

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking here, either.....

Dane had golf with the neighborhood today and we all went out for a late lunch. I could have fixed something but neither of us is hungry so today's menu plan is on hold until tomorrow.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Guess what?
No going out for dinner for Jimmy here.
They all went without me. My stomach is in a tizzy.

They will all be here to eat the cake, and I will have a lip touch of that. ( It's a good luck thing that even if one is full or sick, and cannot eat, a touch to the lips sends good luck to the birthday person.)

bethk

bethk
Admin

awww, so sorry you are under the weather.....feel better soon

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:awww, so sorry you are under the weather.....feel better soon

Thanks Beth! ...
That's what I get for picking off little bites of ham off the bone, at 3:30 am in the morning, and with horse raddish for dipping into with each slice! pale No

NormM

NormM

I made Beef Pozole in the Instant Pot. Picture follows.

Last edited by NormM on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

NormM

NormM

December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 20161212

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been playing around with a 'recipe' for a pasta dish in my head for the last week or so.  I looked up some ideas on different sites and finally settled on my ingredients.  It's a chicken w/tomatoes & olives sauce with Tagliatelli pasta, a nice, wide spaghetti noodle.  I cut a couple chicken breasts into 1" X 1" chunks and browned the chicken in evoo, seasoning with some Paula Deen House Seasoning (in my cupboard ~ garlic salt, pepper, etc.).  When it was browned on all sides I added some red pepper flakes and then deglazed the pan with some white wine.  I added some fresh thyme stems, about a cup of cut green & Kalmata olives, a couple tablespoons of capers and a can of smushed whole tomatoes & juices.....added some chicken stock to thin it out and then let it simmer for 45 minutes or so.  I tasted it and ended up adding a couple teaspoons of sugar to cut the acidity a bit.

When the tagliatelli is almost cooked I'm going to add it to the pot and let it finish up cooking in the sauce to absorb some of the flavors.  I've got some freshly grated parmesan to sprinkle on top.

Last edited by bethk on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

bethk

bethk
Admin

WOO HOO! I got a "Good Stuff, Maynard!" when he ate supper. He said, "I'd eat this AGAIN...."

Can't ask for a better compliment.

December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 IMG_20161230_170808873

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:WOO HOO!  I got a "Good Stuff, Maynard!" when he ate supper.  He said, "I'd eat this AGAIN...."

December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 IMG_20161230_170808873

Surely does look and sound good!
I love those wide macaroni noodles. Very Happy

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:WOO HOO!  I got a "Good Stuff, Maynard!" when he ate supper.  He said, "I'd eat this AGAIN...."

Mmm.  Looks super, Beth.  Tagliatelle are the type of noodles I purchased a couple of months ago that were actually made in Italy.  They were so much better than "regular" pasta (and we buy the good stuff at the store) that even Brian noticed the difference.  The best thing of all is that our local grocery recently started selling that same brand -- I was glad I spotted it at the store when I was there so Brian can start picking it up regularly.  We found the same imported brand in Bucatini, too, which we bought but haven't tried yet.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just wanted to take a moment to wish all our Cooking Friends Forum family a Very Happy New Year!  May 2017 bring love, laughter and health to all of our members and their families and friends.  A toast to you all !!!     December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 911454047  December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 911454047  December 2016 / Dinner / Supper for the Day - Page 8 911454047

NormM

NormM

Happy New Year to you too.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy New Year from Jimmy & Tina over here in NJ too!

Uhh! What time do we start drinkin?

bethk

bethk
Admin

You mean you haven't started yet????

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You mean you haven't started yet????

LOL

Ooops!.... Here goes! Thanks for reminding me!

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am watching a Downton Abbey marathon.

Cool and raining here. We'll be staying in tonight. Eggs benedict for dinner with a few drinks for Joe and Katie. I will have a small sip of Bailey's.

Tomorrow will be turkey and all the fixin's.

I had a coughing fit in the middle of the night and took some codeine cough medicine. I have got a royal hangover from the stuff. Doesn't show any signs of wearing off soon. It makes me wonder how people become drug addicts. I don't find the side effects pleasant at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum