Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
I guess there was so much food, I didn't even have to eat any to get full. LOL
I actually had some ham and turkey, as I carved it. All the best crispy seasoned pieces.
Today is a day of not knowing what to eat or make. Leftovers won't work for me.
Something simple later on. Like a couple fried eggs. LOL

327 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Barbara101

avatar
Me too. I am sick of cooking. 82' today so I may grill a steak . What I really want is Chinese food lol

328 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Barbara101

avatar

329 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:Me too. I am sick of cooking. 82' today so I may grill a steak . What I really want is Chinese food lol

Oooo! Chinese sounds good!...

I settled for 2 fried eggs and a piece of smoked kielbasi ( cold ).

And boy....Tina and I are really celebrating; sitting here like two lumps on a log, and watching Bishop Sheen on CWTN. Fun fun fun!

330 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Barbara101

avatar
Tomorrow... Chinese food..

331 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 pm

cookingirl

avatar
""""I settled for 2 fried eggs and a piece of smoked kielbasi ( cold ).

And boy....Tina and I are really celebrating; sitting here like two lumps on a log, and watching Bishop Sheen on CWTN. Fun fun fun!
[/font][/size][/quote]


You guys need to relax!!! and vegg out at the TV...

332 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:57 am

Bugster2

avatar
No food for me. I started my colonoscopy prep today. There is this new prep kit called Prepopik that is soooo much better than the old prep kits. I have had to stay close to the facilities today. I am starving and nothing I am eating is quelling the feeling. I have had Jello and apple juice, some broth. Nothing seems to work. I still feel hungry and bloated at the same time. Ditto for tomorrow, Monday is the test and then I can eat.

My niece gave us a cookbook called Nopi. I guess there is a restaurant by that name. I looked through it and most of the recipes have something that I have never heard of. I hate that. Doesn't look like I will be using it at all.

333 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:No food for me. I started my colonoscopy prep today. There is this new prep kit called Prepopik that is soooo much better than the old prep kits. I have had to stay close to the facilities today. I am starving and nothing I am eating is quelling the feeling. I have had Jello and apple juice, some broth. Nothing seems to work. I still feel hungry and bloated at the same time. Ditto for tomorrow, Monday is the test and then I can eat.

My niece gave us a cookbook called Nopi. I guess there is a restaurant by that name. I looked through it and most of the recipes have something that I have never heard of. I hate that. Doesn't look like I will be using it at all.

That is different bugs. I started mine like 2 pm 1/2 of the kit, then at 10 pm the remaining 1/2. My test was the next am at 8:30.

Tina and I will have you in our thoughts and prayers, that all goes well for you!

334 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
We both woke up at 930 / 1000 this morning.
We both had bad sleep.

Tina had mashed potatoes and gravy for something on her stomach, and I had two bowls of chicken soup.

Right now....we are both lazing around trying to get rest. Everything is quiet and restful in the neighborhood. Sleep

335 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Barbara101

avatar

336 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Barbara101

avatar

337 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Bugster2

avatar
Life is just too cruel! Here I am starving myself for two days, drinking colon blow, and you post this magnificent picture of a juicy, succulent roast. I am practically licking the computer screen just to get a taste.

338 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Barbara101

avatar
sorry... Crying or Very sad



If it makes you feel better ,the cat made a stink in the box and I almost could not eat alien affraid

339 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:sorry... Crying or Very sad



If it makes you feel better ,the cat made a stink in the box and I almost could not eat alien affraid

One thing I learned.
Never clean the poopy box before we sit to eat ...... It seems like, as soon as it's clean and pure, they will go, and it looks as if they brought all their friends to fill it up.

340 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:Life is just too cruel! Here I am starving myself for two days, drinking colon blow, and you post this magnificent picture of a juicy, succulent roast. I am practically licking the computer screen just to get a taste.


Poor bugs! .... We feel for you bugs.
What time tomorrow will it be over??? Soon I hope.

341 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:17 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:

Lovely meal Barb. I could feel the bite, and the taste of the beef. I could swear, the teeth have nerves. Teeth can differentiate
( wow I spelled that right?), between a ham bite a pork bite and a beef Laughing bite. Sounds silly, but think about it.

342 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:27 pm

NormM

avatar
It has been snowing since last night. I needed to get out and pick up a few things. I have had had an upset stomach and feeling nauseus for the last three days but feel better now and picked up stuff to make meatloaf for tonight'

Here it is ready to serve



and tis is how it looked right out of the oven.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

343 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Did not eat much. Made Japanese noodles in microwave, and loaded it with hot sauce to help burn this cold poison out of me.

It must have worked a little. I installed the three new blinds on the window in the kitchen.

Tina will be happy!.....

Maybe I will take out a knife, and sit with the ham between my legs, and pick little slices off it. LOL

344 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:It has been snowing since last night.  I needed to get out and pick up a few things. I have had had an upset stomach and feeling nauseus for the last three days but feel better now and picked up stuff to make meatloaf for tonight'

Here it is ready to serve



and tis is how it looked right out of the oven.


Wow! ...looks mighty tasty Norm.

345 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Barbara101

avatar

346 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:08 am

Bugster2

avatar
NormM wrote:It has been snowing since last night.  I needed to get out and pick up a few things. I have had had an upset stomach and feeling nauseus for the last three days but feel better now and picked up stuff to make meatloaf for tonight'

Here it is ready to serve



and tis is how it looked right out of the oven.


I read in the paper that the norovirus is going around. That might be what got you Norm.

347 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:26 am

NormM

avatar
I read that too. I did have some of the symptoms but if I had it, it was a mild version. In any case, it's the first time since I can remember since I've been sick. I remember once ten or fifteen years ago when I think I got food poisoning from- I believe- Red Lobster in Topeka Ks.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

348 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:44 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Hey bugster, how did you make out with the test?
Are you back to eating again?

349 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Supper was a filler of Japanese noodles in teriaki sauce of some kind.

A couple shortbread cookies. Tina had Macaroni salad and tums later on.

As I was downstairs in the utility / laundry room, I took a venture into the freezing minus 10 degrees temperature, exploring the bowels of the freezer, and looking for some serloin steaks that I know were down there, but all the other explorers failed to find.
Well..... I found 4 Omaha Beef tenderloins and have them upstairs in the fridge for tomorrows supper.

I want steak and mushrooms, with sweet potatoes, and cooked spinach.

350 Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:42 am

Barbara101

avatar
Sounds like a great dinner for you Jimmy !!!!!

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum