Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS

+3
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

151DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, if you ever get a chance, watch the British version of the movie "Death At A Funeral". There is an old fart in it that reminds me of Gabe. There is also a part where someone has to get the old man on the toilet. It is soooo funny! I think you could relate to it. If you want I can send you a copy.

I will get it. If you say it's funny, I believe it will be. LOL

152DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:09 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Don't get the American version. It stinks. This one stars Matthew Macfadyen.
As with many British films, it takes a bit to get used to the accent so you can understand what they are saying. Reminds me of a quote from George Bernard Shaw "Two people separated by a common language" There is a small bit of slang in it like "wanker". I always wondered what these words meant until I found a website for British slang definitions. It opened up a whole new world.
Back in the late 70's, early 80's, my school, USC did a record with Fleetwood Mac called "Tusk". They used to play it at all of the football games for several years. I never quite knew what the song really was about until recently until I read an article about Lindsay Buckingham (British), one of the band members. I am absolutely sure that USC didn't know either. It turns out that "Tusk" is slang for penis. I almost choked. I had to look up the lyrics and put it all in perspective. Too funny.

153DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Don't get the American version. It stinks. This one stars Matthew Macfadyen.
As with many British films, it takes a bit to get used to the accent so you can understand what they are saying. Reminds me of a quote from George Bernard Shaw "Two people separated by a common language" There is a small bit of slang in it like "wanker". I always wondered what these words meant until I found a website for British slang definitions. It opened up a whole new world.
Back in the late 70's, early 80's, my school, USC did a record with Fleetwood Mac called "Tusk". They used to play it at all of the football games for several years. I never quite knew what the song really was about until recently until I read an article about Lindsay Buckingham (British), one of the band members. I am absolutely sure that USC didn't know either. It turns out that "Tusk" is slang for penis. I almost choked. I had to look up the lyrics and put it all in perspective. Too funny.
The movie is on Amazon. I can watch it streamed to my tv set.

154DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 123%200006_1

leftovers..cleaned up the fridge..

155DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was shells pasta, with kidney beans and fried onions.
Tina made a meatloaf that was in the freezer that she made a month ago.
Tina also made mashed potatoes for herself. Right ow, she is suffering with miserable heartburn.
She had it all day today. I just gave Gaviscon xtra strength.

I just ate the shells. They were so so. They were the low carb pasta. Not as tasty as regular ones.

156DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had some chips & salsa for my supper.

Dane said he was full from the lunch he had after golf.

This 'no-cooking' thing is getting to be our norm.....Heck, I still have leftovers we haven't cleaned up yet.

157DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:38 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Well, I made something I have not had for years. A very simple supper.
It was one of my dad's favorite..
In Polish it is called, Kotlety: similar to a salisbury steak or fat small hamburger.
Very simple. S&P, parsley, some onion powder, egg, bread crumbs...simple....
had it with smashed potatoes, and green beans...
It came out so good.
I think it was the best one I had ever made. Of course, I got the ground beef from the butcher...freshly ground..

Left overs for tomorrow and one to freeze....
could have had more to freeze, but I made a pig of myself....
jocolor

158DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Well, I made something I have not had for years. A very simple supper.
It was one of my dad's favorite..
In Polish it is called, Kotlety: similar to a salisbury steak or fat small hamburger.
Very simple. S&P, parsley, some onion powder, egg, bread crumbs...simple....
had it with smashed potatoes, and green beans...
It came out so good.
I think it was the best one I had ever made. Of course, I got the ground beef from the butcher...freshly ground..

Left overs for tomorrow and one to freeze....
could have had more to freeze, but I made a pig of myself....
jocolor

pig You got Oinks from this side too!
I pigged out on the shells and beans. Then, I had a chocolate dipped doughnut with a cup of tea. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 1430007125

159DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:50 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2855670339

I bought into that pasta a year or so ago. First thing is it is NOT low carb. Taste like crap and I tossed it out.. gross.

IF and I say IF I really want some sort of pasta ,it better be great for me to even do it..

Flour is really really bad for a diabetic..I pass......Much better food choices..

160DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

LOL heat wave here..78` today and 80plus for the weekend.Thought maybe grill something..IDK..

161DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:25 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Very warm here also....foggy, have windows open a bit, and Christmas Music on, while I am baking a pumpkin bread....something is not quite right about that picture...

Of course, after playing chase with the cat, and then yelling at him for gnawing on the plastic Hallmark Bag with my Cards, I am sweating....

Crazy Cat....will eat plastic bag, but not his food!!!

162DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crazy Cat....will eat plastic bag, but not his food!!!

Mine too. She is being really weird of late.Never ever got on the stove or counters,,Now she does..She even got in the trash after chicken bones..Everything has to put away..

This time last year she very sick in the vets.I was sick myself..Knock on wood all ie good there..Vet bill was $1500.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2855670339 she is on meds for her thyroid ,might not be enough lol.She is screaming for food 24/7..

163DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just had .... Huckhh Huckhh Huckhh..... Yack sound. I go check, and the big cat produced a big dry hairball, and guess what was growing in it??
The needles from the artificial Christmas tree.

I cannot believe the cats eat plastic leaves....

164DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Best cat.. besides this one.. I ever had was a sealpoint siamese he lived to be 15..Ate tinsel and then pooped it out.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2876911673 DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2876911673 Long tinsel.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2876911673

165DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gonna have a great supper tonight.
Tina ( Cinderella ), on the way down to her other uncles to clean and vacuum, stopped at the German butchers, and picked up German sausages, and smoked pastrami. Ummm!

I will fry / cook, some sauerkraut with onions to have with the sausages. Ummm!

166DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I cannot believe the cats eat plastic leaves....

Best cat.. besides this one.. I ever had was a sealpoint siamese he lived to be 15..Ate tinsel and then pooped it out.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2876911673 DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2876911673 Long tinsel.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 2876911673

Ewwwwww! Yuck!

167DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Pine needles, whether fake or real, are dangerous for cats. They can puncture the intestines. If either one of your cats gets sick, you know what it is and you need to go to the vet.

168DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:35 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I just had .... Huckhh Huckhh Huckhh..... Yack sound. I go check, and the big cat produced a big dry hairball, and guess what was growing in it??
The needles from the artificial Christmas tree.

Yup, they eat anything at all...what you would not realize, they eat it.
My last cat, Pumpkin, used to gnaw on the artificial Christmas Tree and the beards on the elves and Santa...

169DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:36 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:I cannot believe the cats eat plastic leaves....

Ewwwwww! Yuck!

Yup, that same cat, Pumpkin, used to eat the tinsel garland also...we knew cuz we found it in her poops....

170DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 026-2

grilled..  pork shoulder chop.

171DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looking good, Barb! Why is it 'food-on-a-stick' tastes so much better than just piled on your plate? You got a good sear on that meat.

Dane's sister came to do some Christmas shopping today so I pulled the grouper her son caught when he went out on the Atlantic and I panko/pan fried it out on the side burner on the grill. I just didn't want the smell of the hot oil & fish in the house. Had some roasted cauliflower and broccoli slaw to go with it.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 IMG_20151211_175243117_2

172DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Is that a appy???lol. I would have to have 3 times that much. pig pig

My air conditioner flipped on,78` in my house.

I bought a tray of wings, more $ then buying a whole 6lb perdue chicken lol.Or 8lb turkey.

173DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't eat all that much.....which is why I get so irritated when I cannot drop any weight. OK, so it was fried fish with panko. But it was only a 4 oz. piece of fish. That's not all that much panko.

174DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Exercise is the key. My BIL is a weight control doctor. He comes from a family of fatties. He rides his exercycle every day. He actually wears them out. We call it his hamster wheel. It keeps the weight off. I wish his son would use it because he is starting to get fat. BIL's sister is over 200lbs.

175DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 7 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm cleaning out the refrigerator tonight.  We are going to finish the leftover Salisbury/French Onion and the Chicken Enchiladas ~ I hate to waste the leftovers and if we don't have them tonight I fear they will just get tossed.  My bet is he is going to get the Chicken Enchiladas because he likes that meal a lot.  The Salisbury Steak is fine with me.  I'm feeling in need of some protein and that should fix me up.

What I'm really hungry for is a meal of potato pancakes and grilled brats. I don't think Dane will be too happy with me when I finally make the potato pancakes because he has as much will-power as I do ~ and that ain't much at all! But that's what's going to be on my radar real soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum