Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flour question.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flour question. Empty Flour question. Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I was gifted with a BM at christmas and the huge basket had loads of KA site things in it.

2 bags of flour.Plus the plastic flour bin.I do not like the bin at all. however I put the white flour in it. the brown flour went to my freezer as I do not use it that much. So this morning I thought 'oh lets make pizza dough' I bring out the flour and can not remember if it is breadflour or reg flour lol. scratch Flour question. 1838020472 I write on my other bins of stuff and know what is in them.

SO, if I use this flour and it is not breadflour how will my dough recipe turn out? maybe just wing it and fine out lol.

2Flour question. Empty Re: Flour question. Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:35 am

NormM

NormM

It should turn out just fine if it is regular all purpose flour. The only difference is that it may not rise quite as much but with pizza, it really doesn't matter.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Flour question. Empty Re: Flour question. Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:40 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

when I closed out just now, I had my email from KA lol. About breadflour..75c off coupon ha.I use it all the time and like how it makes the breads/dough rise.I can not believe I did not mark it. dumb...so I will just make the dough and maybe it will look different ha..

4Flour question. Empty Re: Flour question. Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

same with rice and salt.lol I make dang sure I mark the containers.

5Flour question. Empty Re: Flour question. Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I've had a breadmaker for almost 20 years now, Barb, and though I usually use the bread flour 'cause it's higher in protein which helps with gluten development (I think), I use the all-purpose when I run out of the other. I don't think it really matters but it's something I got into when I first got my machine. I swear, I was King Arthur's best online and catalog customer for years, as I bought every freaking additive to make all the different breads I wanted. Per loaf, I wouldn't want to even think of what I used to spend!

We're still using our machine -- an Hitachi.

I think it would be good for pizza crust as the dough will be a bit chewier.

6Flour question. Empty Re: Flour question. Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:31 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

How I tell what kind of flour I have is the more gluten the more the flour will almost pour. Cake and all purpose seem to clump while bread or high gluten stays pourable

7Flour question. Empty Re: Flour question. Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks Stephen..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum