Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New England hot dog bun question

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New England hot dog bun question Empty New England hot dog bun question Tue May 13, 2014 12:25 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I noticed that the sides of the bun are toasted. Do you also butter them before or after?

2New England hot dog bun question Empty Re: New England hot dog bun question Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I butter and then toast on a griddle.

3New England hot dog bun question Empty Re: New England hot dog bun question Tue May 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thank you. Sounds good. now I have to try making some. They don't sell them out here except to restaurants.

4New England hot dog bun question Empty Re: New England hot dog bun question Tue May 13, 2014 3:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I often just cut the top and a sliver of the bottom crust off a regular bun and then treat it the same as the ones baked to be pulled apart. It's a close 'almost' and is better tasting to me than a regular hot dog bun with all the crust. I do like the flavor of the toasted buttered bread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum