Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know this is early but...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I know this is early but... Empty I know this is early but... Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Hopefully I will be going to DS for Christmas. He has also been asking me about making cookies.lol

I have not done that in so long.

Maybe some ideas here would be great.

I thought about getting one of those Italian cookie press that Tina has..What you think???

2I know this is early but... Empty Re: I know this is early but... Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I gave my electric cookie 'shooter' to DD a number of years ago. Loved that thing. Made making spritz cookies super easy.

Found the same one on ebay a couple years ago to give to my friend Lyn. Now we share it.

Or are you talking about the electric pizelle iron? Those are great. You can make flat ones or shape into cones or tubes for filling. Fun to play with and not a whole lot in ingredients.

3I know this is early but... Empty Re: I know this is early but... Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

both I guess. Chris said he has a super big bar/island & I can sit & play,he can run make the oven runs lol.

I will have to buy them now so ,maybe ya got some recipes. I know Jimmy must..I know I am not into rolled out anymore.PIA & mess.

4I know this is early but... Empty Re: I know this is early but... Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I usually use the spritz recipe that is in the Super Shooter recipe book - just a basic one, I'm sure.

Those refrigerator cookies I just made (and posted the recipe for) were easy and kind of fun when you roll them in sprinkles. I've seen a number of similar ones where they roll two colors of the dough together (patted out between plastic wrap or parchment I would think and then topped one on the other) to give a swirl pattern before rolling the log in the sprinkles.

But I'll bet Chris wouldn't complain if you made the peanut blossom cookies or traditional Toll House, or anything else. Let's face it, any cookie is a good Christmas cookie!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum