Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014

+3
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
Imelda HL
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

bethk

bethk
Admin

No, Imelda, I did not cook the canned tuna - it was solid white tuna packed in vegetable oil....don't know how it ended up in my pantry. I never get oil packed unless it's olive oil and is for a specific recipe. I do not care for hot tuna at all ~ as in tuna noodle casserole or tuna melt sandwiches. If I'm making cooked fish it is most often a firm fleshed white fish like cod or haddock. No salmon for me. My dad hated the smell of any kind of fish so we only rarely had cold tuna fish sandwiches when I was growing up. One time my brothers and I went fishing down at the river and brought home a bunch of walleye (like a pickeral, I think). A friend had shown us how to clean them. Dad found them in the refrigerator, gagged, and took all our fish and buried them in the garden.

Dirk must REALLY like the grits if he wolfed down SEVEN of them. Bet he's still smiling!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No, Imelda, I did not cook the canned tuna - it was solid white tuna packed in vegetable oil....don't know how it ended up in my pantry.  I never get oil packed unless it's olive oil and is for a specific recipe.  I do not care for hot tuna at all ~ as in tuna noodle casserole or tuna melt sandwiches. If I'm making cooked fish it is most often a firm fleshed white fish like cod or haddock.  No salmon for me.  My dad hated the smell of any kind of fish so we only rarely had cold tuna fish sandwiches when I was growing up.  One time my brothers and I went fishing down at the river and brought home a bunch of walleye (like a pickeral, I think).  A friend had shown us how to clean them.  Dad found them in the refrigerator, gagged, and took all our fish and buried them in the garden.

Dirk must REALLY like the grits if he wolfed down SEVEN of them.  Bet he's still smiling!

OMG.... that is so funny. Burying the fish in the garden. hahahahahahaha.....
Like you Beth.... Give me the cod or haddock and I'm fine.

Did you ever get that tuna in the can that looks like eraser grindings wetted down with oil? What the heck kind of tuna is that???
I / we like chunk light tuna; not already mushed fine!. Mad

Barbara101

Barbara101

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 Squashpie

Yes I ate Butternut Squash pie for breakfast... BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 3470128989     BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 574689230

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 Squashpie

Yes I ate Butternut Squash pie for breakfast... BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 3470128989     BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 574689230

I could go for that Barb.
Looks great!.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was the follow-up at the cardiologist.
Great!.... my B/P was 170/92..... nice huh??....
Weight ... up ^ 6lbs..... 250.0 lbs. g r e a t ??? NOT

put me on another medication...and visit DEC. 29th.

So I got home, and took out bacon, and fried it medium the way I like it, and made a egg cheese and bacon on a soft bagel buttered with salted butter, and I enjoyed every bite while mopping up the butter drippage as I ate!.....OMG....it was so darn good!.... EVIL GOOD!

And tomorrow.... I will have a three egg omelet with cheese / onions / tomato / and lots of tabasco sauce...with three slices of toast! OR... a tube of those dinner rolls. Yeah! Dinner rolls..Yummy!

Barbara101

Barbara101

wow Jimmy.. affraid My ### scared the chit out of me..Not as high as yours. I pretty much cleaned out the cabinets & fridge , salt, bread,etc..Don't know if has helped,, I keep forgetting to take it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:wow Jimmy.. affraid My ### scared the chit out of me..Not as high as yours. I pretty much cleaned out the cabinets & fridge , salt, bread,etc..Don't know if has helped,, I keep forgetting to take it.

What gets my goat.... is I cut down on salt / fats / butter / etc. and the GP dr. had it at 128/80 excellent for me.

Then.... I go to the cardiologist..............today

Then today, pii$ed me off with those high numbers.  And I took my meds before I went to get checked today. I cannot win.

now the new meds can cause headaches..... I don't think I will continue them with headaches. Mad

Barbara101

Barbara101

I stopped taking the statins & feel a lot better so I am just going to watch what I eat better..it is hard to think of breakfast without bacon or sausage.One egg per week.. BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 2876911673 BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 2876911673     BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 1430007125

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I stopped taking the statins & feel a lot better so I am just going to watch what I eat better..it is hard to think of breakfast without bacon or sausage.One egg per week.. BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 2876911673 BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 2876911673     BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 1430007125

Look for an Ostrich egg Barb! What a Face

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

yKnow what??

I'm gonna make that omelet right now, and wrap it in foil, so that tomorrow, I can just wake up, and stick it in the toaster oven, then while it heats...make the rolls in the oven.
When all heated....I will add the chopped; then heated tomato on top!

Nothing worse than cooking when I first wake up. I like quiet when waking up in the am.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy! Do I have to hit you over the head with a wet noodle????!!!!!!
Those are horrible numbers!!
CUT DOWN ON THE SALT!!!!! CUT DOWN ON CHEESE!!!!!

The you and I can be DIET buddies!!!
I have to lose a lot of weight and lower my cholesterol, so we can work on it together--and we can ask Barbara if she would like to join our 'little, but cozy group".....

I switched to decaf and my bp has gotten so much lower. It is now normal!! I used to have it at 140/94, with meds!!!

HAVE to work on cholesterol and weight.........

Jimmy, this is NOT funny!.....take it seriously.....
(please...)[/quote]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:
Jimmy! Do I have to hit you over the head with a wet noodle????!!!!!!
Those are horrible numbers!!
CUT DOWN ON THE SALT!!!!! CUT DOWN ON CHEESE!!!!!

The you and I can be DIET buddies!!!
I have to lose a lot of weight and lower my cholesterol, so we can work on it together--and we can ask Barbara if she would like to join our 'little, but cozy group".....

I switched to decaf and my bp has gotten so much lower. It is now normal!! I used to have it at 140/94, with meds!!!

HAVE to work on cholesterol and weight.........

Jimmy, this is NOT funny!.....take it seriously.....
(please...)
[/quote]

THAnks so much! I used to drink ( even at work ) at least 12 to 16 cups of coffee a day.
Now! I'm a 1 or two cups only in the morning. I never knew that decaff is better than regular for BP.

I do cook with a little salt, but never add salt to my food.

I do eat cheese once in a while, but last week or so, I've been snacking on a few pieces a day.

Usually 140/ 85 is my normal BP... Even with medications.
i can afford to lose some weight. I'm 6 foot 250 lbs. If I can lose 30 lbs, I know my pressure will go down.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I never knew that decaff is better than regular for BP.

Taste like chit...maybe booze will make it go down better... drunken

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I never knew that decaff is better than regular for BP.

Taste like chit...maybe booze will make it go down better... drunken

Ha Ha Ha ... and how about the day's of the instant coffee.
I remember mom and dad used it. Nescafe or Sanka. That was some god awful stuff. Perked coffee was for when company came over.
We keep a jar for baking.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Barb, It does take a bit to get used to--I mean the caffeine withdrawal!
The taste depends on the brand you buy.
I like Green Mountain, Starbucks, and Peets

Now that I am accustomed to decaf, I only have the caffeinated coffee when I have to be very wide awake, like a meeting.
If I am staying home, the decaf is fine for me.

I notice the difference in my body when I have the regular bounce affraid

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lunch is happening right now.
A nice tuna salad on rye with romaine lettuce.
Tina made the tuna salad with onions, but no celery. I like celery in mine, but Beggars can't be choosy.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Last night I went to bed with Banana Bread on my mind, so first thing this morning I baked it.. so good

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 22-5

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made banana muffins yesterday, too! There were 3 bananas just sitting around waiting for the right moment.....and the moment arrived!

I put them into the freezer because our grandchildren from Indiana are coming next week for a (very) short visit. They love Grandma's banana and zucchini muffins.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina throws the banana's in the freezer wherever they fit in between.
I find them, and throw them out to the woodchucks to eat.
Oh! No worry!... there are plenty in the freezers.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I can not eat bananas.   To much sugar.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina throws the banana's in the freezer wherever they fit in between.
I find them, and throw them out to the woodchucks to eat.
Oh! No worry!... there are plenty in the freezers.

I have plenty bananas in my freezer too.. I cut them in pieces and stored them in small ziploc bags, for my smoothies anytime I want them, grapes too, in small bags and ready to be mixed with banana, banana and grape smoothie is one of the best

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I can not eat bananas.   To much sugar.

Tina's Uncle Gabe... has a banana every day in the AM with his 2 cups of cheerio's and rice milk....like clock work.

He believes the cereal is good for his cholesterol, and the banana is potassium for his heart.

His Number this am was 150.
It was 200 yesterday, because he overdid the peanut butter wafer cookies he looks for every night before bed time. He said the peanut butter at night keeps him from peeing so much while asleep.

hahahahahahahahaha.....

When he was in re-hab they would let him eat all the carbs and sugar and just shoot him in the stomach with insulin weather he needed it or not. Idiots!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

They all want waffles tomorrow after church.
Just made a double batter of my yeast raised waffles. All sitting in the refrigerator overnight proofing.
Brought up a tub of whipped salted butter from downstairs reefer.
I've got Jones' Sausage patty's frozen that I will fry up.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tomorrows Breakfast will have Home Made English Muffins.....

There is Jimmy, Working diligently.....

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 Lrtv59

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 O2jwdT

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH... NOVEMBER 2014 - Page 2 AF74A9

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well aren't those muffins just about the best looking I've seen in a long while!

Great job, Jimmy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum