Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother Nature's Painting

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mother Nature's Painting Empty Mother Nature's Painting Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

10 minutes ago the sky was all colored in pastels....

Mother Nature's Painting 091414a1

5 minutes ago the rain clouds started to blow in under the pretty sky....

Mother Nature's Painting 091414a3

I do believe we might be in for a bit of a shower....

Mother Nature's Painting 091414a2

2Mother Nature's Painting Empty Re: Mother Nature's Painting Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

We've been having beautiful sunsets lately, too.  And storms coming in just like you're having, Beth -- with the super dark storm clouds up against the brightest of skies.  

I love it when it rains and even appreciate it when it's overcast outside.  I just love watching the rain, and the AC doesn't kick on as often when it's raining or overcast.  

Brian planted some Brussel sprout seeds and some beet seeds about a week or so ago -- he was so excited to see the beet seeds sprouting today, as it's a lot earlier than the seed packets said to expect them.  It's nice when we get "free water" (a/k/a rain) right after something is planted, especially when it's a nice soft farmer's rain.

3Mother Nature's Painting Empty Re: Mother Nature's Painting Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, free watering (saving the water bill and your labor) is great.

It rained again tonight while we were eating. One minute it was all sunshine and the next it was coming down in buckets! Before dessert was done the patio concrete was almost dry again.

It's not like Ohio rainstorms, that's for sure.

4Mother Nature's Painting Empty Re: Mother Nature's Painting Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:04 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

since yesterday we were warned about Tropical storm Odile, flood flash warning because of the rain, but it turned out we did not get much rain, only light shower, and dark clouds everywhere, but we had nice sunset, today we drove about 40 miles to the desert to take pictures of the sunset, not as good as yesterday though, here is one of the pictures I took

Mother Nature's Painting 1-9

5Mother Nature's Painting Empty Re: Mother Nature's Painting Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:We've been having beautiful sunsets lately, too.  And storms coming in just like you're having, Beth -- with the super dark storm clouds up against the brightest of skies.  

I love it when it rains and even appreciate it when it's overcast outside.  I just love watching the rain, and the AC doesn't kick on as often when it's raining or overcast.  

Brian planted some Brussel sprout seeds and some beet seeds about a week or so ago -- he was so excited to see the beet seeds sprouting today, as it's a lot earlier than the seed packets said to expect them.  It's nice when we get "free water" (a/k/a rain) right after something is planted, especially when it's a nice soft farmer's rain.

Good to see you're over here Crybaby..... I was looking for you on What's Cooking thread.
Was wondering how you were feeling! ..... ???
BTW.... Tina and I BOTH just L O V E Rain. Also wind / sleet / snow / as long as we look at it from inside as it comes down.

When we bought this house fron the previous owners, they had sears roebuck aluminum 1950's aluminum awnings over each window on the second floor.
We just loved to leave the windows open, and lay down (sleeping) and listen to the rain or sleet pelt on the aluminum. The one awning over the bedroom window, was under the rain leader / gutter, and there was a drip....drip....drip.... every 5 seconds. It actually was bliss listening to the drips.
Naturally we finally ripped the awnings down when I installed bigger windows that TINA wanted. She needs light and space to see outside.

ME.... I like house closed; and nice and cozy and sheltered. Tina likes opened windows and lots of light.
I told her.... when she dies... ( we all do sooner or later / I'll take later ) I am going to have her fried, and stuff her ashes in a mason jar and she can look outside at the weather and sunshine. If I go first.... I told her, fry me, and drop the ashes in a coffee can. I want no light, but I said,"Just keep me next to a box of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and I'll be happy!"

6Mother Nature's Painting Empty Re: Mother Nature's Painting Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:since yesterday we were warned about Tropical storm Odile, flood flash warning because of the rain, but it turned out we did not get much rain, only light shower, and dark clouds everywhere, but we had nice sunset, today we drove about 40 miles to the desert to take pictures of the sunset, not as good as yesterday though, here is one of the pictures I took

Mother Nature's Painting 1-9

Oh! Wow!.... Nice picture Imelda.

7Mother Nature's Painting Empty Re: Mother Nature's Painting Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:23 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:since yesterday we were warned about Tropical storm Odile, flood flash warning because of the rain, but it turned out we did not get much rain, only light shower, and dark clouds everywhere, but we had nice sunset, today we drove about 40 miles to the desert to take pictures of the sunset, not as good as yesterday though, here is one of the pictures I took

Great pic, Imelda! I love the way the light falls on the mountains. It looks like a painting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum