Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Mountain Coffee???

+4
NormM
Crybaby
bethk
Barbara101
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:04 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

anyone drink this.

kcups on sale.$4.99.

I can tell you I do not like Folgers kcups.Reg. If I see it on sale again BOGO I will get a stronger one.It is very weak coffee.

Another one on sale is Donut House.??

2Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:20 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I like the 'weak' coffee you don't like, but I don't like Folgers.

The donut house will be too weak for you most likely. I can drink it......well, I drink it after I run the first cup through the K-cup and then the one I drink is the second, watered down cup. lol

3Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Green Mountain Coffee??? 574689230 Green Mountain Coffee??? 652761166 I will not have coffee at your house.

I do not like bitter strong coffee.My Mom even drank it black.She liked that dark roast..Not me.

I do not like weak coffee either.

Guess I will get some & try it lol I buy bagged coffee,these one cup things are good for just that 'one' not full mug..

4Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:46 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Am laughing, as we use coffee and chicory and make it extremely strong. In New Orleans, you usually don't drink the coffee if you can see the bottom of the cup thru the coffee.

When we have guests from out of town, we always suggest they have their coffee with milk (well, we use evaporated milk), as it's usually too strong for them when it's black.

But we do have several friends who say we make the best coffee they've ever had! Am just finishing a cup Brian brought me -- now, I'm going to have some iced coffee, which I've gotten into since getting out of the hospital. Very good, especially with a little Vanilla in it!

5Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:06 am

NormM

NormM

I swore I'd never buy a coffee maker that used pods because i just knew as soon as I did they would stop making those pods and I'd have a useless machine. Guess what? I recently did get a coffee maker that makes coffee on one side into a pot with loose coffee and into a travel mug on the other side with a pod or loose coffee. It does not use Kcups but another brand and guess what? I can't find anyone who sells those pods and I believe they stopped making that coffee maker too. At least I can still use it with loose coffee and i have started using strong coffee too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:03 pm

JanaAZ

You'd die at my house. My coffee is very strong, too. I buy the strongest starbucks available, and drink it black without sugar.

7Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:39 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Barbara, I use Green Mountain Coffee in the k-cups.
I do like it. It seems mellow to me. Try the Nantucket blend.
They do carry a dark roast, called Sumatra..
The Breakfast blend seems a little lite to me..

8Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just got Krispy Kreme K cups from Big Cat Coffee.
SOOoooo! Goood!
Got Decaff ones too for Tina and Gabe.

Tina got G/M  Vermont Country Blend on sale in One of the stores. They are all right, but no way close to KK coffee!

9Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

just looked for KK.Man that stuff is costly.I will wait to see if it is the grocery stores here,and on SALE.lol

10Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:just looked for KK.Man that stuff is costly.I will wait to see if it is the grocery stores here,and on SALE.lol

I get the 24 ct. box for 13.75.... Don't have it in the stores here. Don't even have KK doughnuts in NJ.
Tina has to get them in Pa. 1.5 hr. drive. There were times; when the kids were young and still living here, and with Tina's mom living with us, that Tina would go make the K K doughnut run, and come home with 6 to 8 dozen of them scrumptious delicacy's.

My favorite, was the peanut sticks. Grrrrrrr! They won't make them anymore, because of peanut allergies some kids and people have.
Tina told the manager,"If People are that stupid to buy peanut stick doughnuts that are allergic, they should go back to school to learn common sense!  OOOps! Forgot...they don't teach / use that anymore!

Yet, Certain Dunkin Doughnuts bake the peanut sticks. They are way too sweet though. Can't compare to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! IMO

11Green Mountain Coffee??? Empty Re: Green Mountain Coffee??? Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

The problem is not with people buying food that they are allergic to, it is with the company. They usually don't completely clean the equipment between batches of whatever they are making. That is why you may see warnings in fine print telling you that a product was made in a facility that uses nuts. My friend found out the hard way that this is how they operate. She is highly allergic to macadamia nuts. She purchased a no-nut chocolate chip cookie at a Mrs. Fields. Guess what? The dough still had enough residue from a previous batch of dough made with macadamias. She went into a severe reaction at the mall, couldn't breathe and the paramedics were called and she ended up in the hospital.
I just watched a program called "Untold Stories of the E.R.". It seems this couple came in and the man was having trouble breathing. They got him stabilized and then it started all over again. This went on several times and the doctors were scratching their heads 'cause they didn't know what was happening. Well, it seems this man is highly allergic to peanuts. His girlfriend had eaten PB&J sandwich earlier in the day. She had enough residue left in her teeth of the PB that when she kissed him, he got a reaction. She kept kissing him in the ER. LOL. Who'da thunk?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum