Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is just to weird.

+2
JanaAZ
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This is just to weird. Empty This is just to weird. Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Has anyone heard of or have this issue?

I have been looking for a cell phone to text with. Hate the keyboard on my cell.It has the letters in the number pad.HUGE Pia to text.hey you want a S hit that 7 4 times. This is just to weird. 2855670339

Any way, as a joke to myself I asked google,

"Buying a smartphone is giving me a headache'''........OMG, it seems that folks are getting really sick & nausea using Iphones & Samsung.Due to the 3d effect & the fast moving pages.Ghezz I would be one of them,I get motion sick at a drop of the hat..Maybe I should just skip buying one.lol Lordie I hope I don't any issues with my new Kindle tablet.. This is just to weird. 2855670339

2This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

JanaAZ

I was afraid to move to IOS7 because of that issue, but when I had to buy my new phone, it was preloaded with IOS7.  I get motion sick with the THOUGHT of motion so I was nervous.  Happily, it doesn't bother me.  Supposedly they did something to fix the problem.

I love my iPhone.  Many of my friends have the Samsung phone and they love it too.  I didn't want it because it is so big and generally I keep my phone in my pocket.  When I did the 'pocket test', it felt like it was going to fall out.

Last edited by JanaAZ on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

3This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:51 pm

NormM

NormM

I have a Samsung Galaxy with T Mobile. It does not have a keyboard.  When I want to send a message, I select the person I want, I get a picture of a phone for calling or envelope for texting. A keyboard appears on the screen when I select the envelope picture and i type the message then send. New ones have an extended battery life too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I won't do text. If you want to talk to me then call me on the phone and talk to me, otherwise don't bother.

5This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I won't do text. If you want to talk to me then call me on the phone and talk to me, otherwise don't bother.

Boy that is me too. I fought it like crazy. I can not get anyone to call. All they do is text.First I fought pc email.That ended mail & letters & sending cards.Email is now slacked off & it is all blogs,facebook. So now talking to someone is out. It is texting aka typing on a small screen,that you can not see...I go into this digital social media fighting.I do not like it one bit either. No

6This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

When I tell people I go months at a time without using my cell phone, people look at me like I am crazy. I only use it for important things, like calling a tow truck. I never keep it on either. I don't like talking to people on them. The reception is always crummy. It drives me nuts when friends call me on their cell and they are driving. It isn't safe. I always tell them to call me back when they are parked or at home. Ever go to a mall and look at the people? Most of them are either walking and texting at the same time, talking on the phone, or doing something else on it. No one looks at anyone anymore. I heard on the news yesterday that studies have shown that 60% of people are addicted to cell phones and actually get very upset when it is not close by. That is why so many teens come unglued when their parents take away their phones as punishment. Frankly, I don't know how parents can afford to pay for the service. I can't afford $85/mo for a cell, how do they do it?

7This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I decided not to bother buying a smartphone.I am to set in my old school ways..You want to 'talk' to me call me.You have my number.. This is just to weird. 1297124391

8This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:34 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I, too, don't text. My cell phone, which I love, I've had for several years. I call it my "Old Lady Phone," as all it does is PHONE! The reception is clear as a bell (everyone who uses it comments on that) and the ear piece half has some soft rubber-like stuff around the edge to muffle outside noise. And yes, friends go crazy that they can't text me. I just laugh and say, "If you want to speak to me, you'll have to spend that extra minute to actually telephone me!"

That being said, Brian and I are thinking of getting one smart phone between us (he says I get to get it since I'm the smart one!). It seems as everything is now "text it to..." and I feel like we're going to fall behind technology wise.

The price will be something to adjust to if and when we do it, as I pay $17 and change a month for my phone (50 minutes a month and I never use those up) and Brian's is $24/month for 200 minutes and he, too, never comes close to using his minutes though he uses his phone more than I use mine. We have a home phone with great reception and so I don't turn on my cell until I leave the house (otherwise, call me at home!). I don't talk on it while driving and usually when friends call me when driving, I ask them, like you Bugster, to call me back once they're out of their car. I make an exception if their phone goes thru their car and is on speaker thru the car but it still makes me nervous that I'm going to hear a big crash while they drive.

9This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:57 am

NormM

NormM

Charlie has my phone on his plan so it does not cost me anything and he ported my home phone # over to my cell phone when we moved so I have the same # I have had for over 30 years and we don't have a home phone anymore. I do text him and Cassie because when they are at work, they can't use their phones so I just leave a message and they can get back to me when they are on break and I can read their messages when I get parked if i am in the car at the time.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

10This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can, and do, occasionally text. Easiest way to contact my girls, and they'll text me to ask a quick question ~ usually a 'yes or no' answer required.

I have a 'prepaid' Verizon plan - $25 plus tax for unlimited calls & texting.

11This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:I can, and do, occasionally text.  Easiest way to contact my girls, and they'll text me to ask a quick question ~ usually a 'yes or no' answer required.

I have a 'prepaid' Verizon plan - $25 plus tax for unlimited calls & texting.  

what phone?

12This is just to weird. Empty Re: This is just to weird. Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a Samsung 'smart' phone from Verizon. They gave it to me as an upgrade from my old flip phone that was starting to die on me.

It's not the easiest in the world to use because the typing screen that comes on the phone has little letters that are sometimes difficult to touch the right one. It is easier if I remember to turn the phone sideways....then the letters seem a bit larger and further apart. I cannot, however, text using my thumbs. Just too awkward for me....I'm old, what can I say?? My girls laugh at me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum