Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Falling Asleep in Weird Places.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Not Even in Weird places, but at weird times.

I was sitting here laughing! ( The cat thinks I'm ready for the Funny Farm!" ) LOL

It's chilly out, and I have a small electric space heater near the window, and where the computer is in the kitchen.
All of a sudden, I ate some candy (m&m's) and a couple cookies, and as I am on the computer, I pushed my chair back, and one elbow on the counter, and my face side against my back of the hand (Like the statue.."The Thinker") I am slowly closing my eye's and even with the TV on, I was drowsing and falling asleep. It was so comfortable and relaxing, and with the heater, and the kitty on the window stool sleeping, it just was so relaxing. I would Jerk when my head fell off my hand, and I would be startled, but aain, I would enjoy the rest so much, I would continue like five times.

I found that I can even now (at my age), sleep sitting on the couch upright, or even in a chair up against a wall, or in  a waiting room at the Dr's office.

Sometimes, I have to catch myself from falling forward, or even snapping my neck as I go into a deep sleep! It's risky, but it's funny at the same time, and it is very relaxing. IMO.

Sometimes Tina will come in the kitchen and find me in the stupor mode, and half asleep, and say,"Hon, Why don't you throw yourself on the bed or on the couch if your tired!" .... No No I say,"I'm just resting my eye's for a little while!" She can't imagine that I would be so tired, but yet still not want to lay down or go to sleep!....

DD said,"Daddy, you need a Cot in the kitchen!" Tina said," No No....Don't  start that Crap!" ....hahhahahahaha

SOOooooo! Can you sleep anwhere? Do you need to be in a bed to sleep?
Can you relate to my sleep experience here??
It's 1:06 am...and I am going to have my night dose of pills, and then hit the bed.

Nighty Night!!

2Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:38 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I've fallen asleep in front of the computer lots of times -- I'm a bit of an insomniac so I know that even if I get up and go to bed, once there, I will have trouble sleeping. But yes to the neck-jerking ability to fall asleep in a chair!

3Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

You can always tell about our insomniacs (sp?) by looking at the time they post....Crybaby is one, so is Pea, and Jimmy is just about awake 24/7 !

But that's what I like about this forum ~ there may be no one around all afternoon/evening but come the middle of the night, there's new posts to see all the time.

When I've had a terrible night of little or no sleep I know I'll need a nap sometime during the day. The best I can hope for is a snooze in the LazyBoy. If I try to lay in bed sleep won't come. But if I get my Kindle and start to read I'm fairly assured of dozing for a little while.

4Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh not me. Heck I can't sleep in the car either. My grands can fall asleep in a nano second in the car.

5Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:oh not me.  Heck I can't sleep in the car either. My grands can fall asleep in a nano second in the car.
I just love to sleep in the car when its in the driveway or parked; and especially when it's raining.
Tina frowns at that, and says the neighbors will think you are drunk!

I SAY... who gives a happy horse (****)!!!

6Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

If I allowed myself I would probably be able to sleep in strange places. Never in public though. My mouth would open up and I would start drooling and snoring. Not pretty.

7Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:If I allowed myself I would probably be able to sleep in strange places. Never in public though. My mouth would open up and I would start drooling and snoring. Not pretty.
hahaahahahaha.... I know. I'm the same way. I will say one thing though! It feels good to relax the jaw and sleep with my mouth open. I still breath through my nose, but I wake up and my mouth is as dry as heck.

Now,..... at my age, waking up, is one of the worst episodes in my life!

8Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

ah, but Jimmy ~ NOT waking up is a pretty crummy alternative.....

9Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:ah, but Jimmy ~ NOT waking up is a pretty crummy alternative.....
true.... worse, not being able to GET out of bed....

10Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Empty Re: Falling Asleep in Weird Places. Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I just love to sleep in the car when its in the driveway or parked; and especially when it's raining.
Tina frowns at that, and says the neighbors will think you are drunk!
Good thing I wasn't taking a sip of my drink while reading this, as I'm sure I would've spit it out. That's how hard I laughed at that remark! You two crack me up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum