Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I give up!

+2
Barbara101
NormM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I give up! Empty I give up! Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm

NormM

NormM

I thought I'd start eating healthier by eating cereal and oatmeal for breakfast instead of eggs and toast... sometimes some sausage or bacon.

Today there was an article in the paper that said that fat in your diet wasn't so bad for your, nor cholesterol and even counting calories wasn't as effective at weight control as eliminating added sugar. (Sugar in fruit is good though, except for grapes which has too much sugar)  They listed the worst foods with added sugar with cereal and oatmeal (instant) being near the top of the list- after candy bars and soda.

Even after eating oatmeal for breakfast, I find I'm hungry again in an hour of so.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got so sick of everyone's opinion on what to eat. I just got fed up with all of it.

Do not eat fat. Do not eat fruit.Eat low fat.One egg once a week.Bla Bla Bla. I decided to eat what the hell I wanted only in small amounts .Then the splenda crap.I threw out everything I had SF.

I have Irish oatmeal every once in a while in the winter.

I eat hot dogs only one instead of 3.lol

I will die one day but not today..

3I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:54 pm

JanaAZ

I cut out sugar and white carbs and lost 30 lbs. I didn't change portion size or anything else. I can't imagine ever going back to eating that crap again. I have a lot more to lose, but that started it all.

4I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm planning on dying, but not any time soon.

But before I die I'm going to enjoy what I eat. My late mother-in-law was always on some sort of diet, she deprived herself of most things she truly loved to eat in an attempt to "lose that last 20 pounds….." Then she developed a rare brain disorder and died in her mid-50's. Just before she passed away, she was VERY thin. She taught me to eat what I want, in moderation, and not worry so much about the added weight around my middle.

Yes, I would probably be healthier with 20 or 30 pounds off my frame ~ but I've been at the same basic weight for the last 20 to 25 years so I figure that's where my body is most comfortable.

And I enjoy my food (and drink) without any serious health problems.

So I'll just continue on this journey, knowing I can have what ever I want to eat or I can suffer and be miserable by depriving myself ~ and, in the end, I'll die anyway.

5I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 am

jetfan27

jetfan27

My theory is your body adjusts to you. I have been overweight for a lot of years. I am still doing most things I did when I was in my 20's. Although, I am getting weaker. I notice I can't lift or move things that I used to just heft up on my back or shoulders and move on. I feel great. I don't take any pills, except vitamins, which my wife makes me take. I don't feel strain on my heart and I don't breathe any harder when I do some work. My body knows I am fat and it has had a lot of years to adjust.

6I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 am

NormM

NormM

I take medication that made me gain weight but I wasn't too overweight and it didn't keep going up.  When I broke my ankle I lost weight for several months then it started going up to ten or fifteen pounds more than ever before.  I'd like to lose weight but every time I try, it just stays the same or even goes up a little more. However the reason I am switching to oatmeal was to try to get more fiber in my diet.  I need more fiber but I guess instant oatmeal isn't as good as I thought it was. I was getting to kind of like it too.

7I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh... No.. instant..  Make the real stuff.Like Irish Steel cut Oatmeal or regular oats. I picked up some Bobs Red Mill on a clearance rack,,Gosh I think that is the best oatmeal I ever ate. I put the Irish in my rice maker.

8I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:21 pm

NormM

NormM

I tried some Irish Steel oats. It burned on the bottom of the pan and tasted like wallpaper paste.

9I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

NormM wrote:I tried some Irish Steel oats. It burned on the bottom of the pan and tasted like wallpaper paste.

I give up! 2876911673 I give up! 2876911673 thats why I soak it overnight.Then cook in my ricemaker. add cream & sweetner.I only eat it in the winter or what we call winter lol

10I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 pm

NormM

NormM

Yeah, it also took two days to make it. The article didn't like instant oats because of added sugar. When I make Irish oatmeal, I need to add brown sugar or honey or maple syrup, milk and butter.

11I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My BIL lost 50 pounds on Slimfast. I have tasted it. I couldn't drink it. I am trying to gain weight but when I do it goes right on my waist and I get a muffin top. I really need it in my face. I look like Boris Karlof.

12I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 pm

NormM

NormM

Once I lost a lot of weight and people thought I looked like Don Knotts.

Last edited by NormM on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

13I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I made oatmeal this morning.Ate at 8am. 9am I got so sleepy I took a 30 minute nap,by 11am I was so hungry I ate the other bowl.1pm.hungry as all get out.Made & ate a salad.

Going on 3pm I have been to the fridge a dozen times looking for something to snack on.. I give up! 2855670339 I give up! 2855670339 

I give up! 3470128989 

14I give up! Empty Re: I give up! Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:13 pm

NormM

NormM

You need to eat something with fat to make you feel full.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum