Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Better than Bouillon in different flavors

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Crybaby

Crybaby

I told you guys that I ordered some Better Than Bouillon Beef Au Jus online.  The stuff is super and I've used it a lot more than I thought I would.  I went online to get some more and I noticed the place had some Better Than Bouillon Ham Base so I got some of that, too.  Though the Chicken flavor is readily available in local stores, this website had some low salt chicken flavor that I snagged as well.  I've never seen either of these in the store.  

I passed on the Lobster flavor, though I was more than tempted.  I make some super Lobster Ravioli with egg roll sheets that it would've been good in but Brian doesn't eat seafood so I decided to pass on it (and on the fresh lobster I would've needed to make the ravioli). Since it's kind of pricey, I decided to wait until we had dinner guests to make it. Always feel badly making something just for myself, especially if it's pricey. Though I do buy myself a couple pounds of boiled shrimp occasionally and fresh tuna and salmon steaks for Brian to grill for me.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I've never seen either of these in the store.

Norm was the first to talk about it.Then the only place I saw it was wal mart. Now it is in most any store I go.

I find great sauces rubs spices marinades & off the wall stuff at TJ Maxx/marshalls.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Whatever you do, don't try Penzy's bases. They are really bad.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Whatever you do, don't try Penzy's bases. They are really bad.

I am not about to buy food.spices, etc etc online.I will buy coffee from New England Coffee when the have a $3 a bag sale.That is it.They,pensky, send me a catalog & I have never bought one thing & I won't lol.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:I am not about to buy food.spices, etc etc online.I will buy coffee from New England Coffee when the have a $3 a bag sale.That is it.They,pensky, send me a catalog & I have never bought one thing & I won't lol.

I'm the exact opposite, as I don't like to shop and buy practically everything online. I even bought a king-sized handmade wrought iron bed (which came with two free wrought iron bedside tables -- I just had to get the glass cut for the tops but it came with a template) online. The total weight was just over 240 pounds and I got free shipping!

Last week was Brian's birthday. He wanted a hammock on a stand. So I got him a double Pawley's Island Hammock (weight limit of 450 lbs., as he's 6'4" and weighs about 260) and a heavy metal stand. Got free shipping and both pieces cost me $178 -- a lot cheaper than the ones I priced both locally and online. It came in two boxes and both were quite heavy so I was glad shipping was on the house.

It's easier for me to look around and see the things that were not purchased online than look for ones I did. But I've been ordering things in the mail since I was in grammar school. I wanted to get mail so I would send in $.25 to a company for their catalog. My dad got me prepaid postcards and, believe it or not, I would scotch tape a quarter to the postcard and send it on. And I would get my catalog (I'm on every list known to man since I purchase so much stuff online). When I first started ordering stuff, I would give my parents the money and they would write a check for it. People would say back then "you're never going to get anything, as they'll just keep your money." Funny but true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum