Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burned out 2 shredders today

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burned out 2 shredders today Empty Burned out 2 shredders today Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Our roomie has boxes full of mail, most of which was never opened. Rather than store the junk we were going to go through it and shred it. The police dept. has a shredding program but you are limited by the amount so we were going to shred it ourselves. As usual, the "we" turned into me and I went through the stuff. I had to open almost everything. I had 2 shredders going. One was brand new but had been in the box for years. The new one bit the dust almost immediately. Self destructed with broken plastic everywhere. My old one gave out too before I was able to finish the job. Now I have to buy a new shredder.

2Burned out 2 shredders today Empty Re: Burned out 2 shredders today Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:26 pm

JanaAZ

We do that too. We let ours cool after about 15 minutes. I go thru the paper, and DH shreds it. They have a program in Phx where once a year one of the TV stations sponsors a shred-a-thon. You can shred 5 boxes for free. It's nice if you don't have a shredder.

3Burned out 2 shredders today Empty Re: Burned out 2 shredders today Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I let them cool down but they still bit the dust. LOL. Nothing lasts anymore since China makes every thing. Last night we pulled out our roomie's shelf stereo because she has a lot of cassettes we wanted to hear. Got it all hooked up and the tape player wouldn't work. We played a CD and then turned it off. We went back later and turned it on and the CD tray started going in and out. It won't stop. Another thing for the trash.

4Burned out 2 shredders today Empty Re: Burned out 2 shredders today Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just spent an hour pulling paper clips and credit card pieces from the shredder with a tweezers.

Tina has a habit of forcing more than 8 sheets at a time in the darn thing!

It's a Huge one that she got from her friend because it wasn't working, and her friend called support, and said it was shot. Well... It was not shot. There was a piece of debris stuck in the over fill of the basket. I vacuumed out the piece, and it works fine. Too Late to give it back, because she bought a new one.
The darn thing looks like a Hamper sitting next to the desk.   It doesn't criss cross shred either. It's an older model.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum