Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuffed Cabbage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stuffed Cabbage Empty Stuffed Cabbage Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Cabbage Rolls

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup diced onion
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large head cabbage

Sweet-Sour Sauce

1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
1 cup water
1/4 cup diced onion
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 ginger snaps, crumbled
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt

Stuffed Cabbage 3fda85624507b17d644d512d607c775c
I have used this recipe so many times.Love it.. I love you

2Stuffed Cabbage Empty Re: Stuffed Cabbage Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

beautiful Barbara  Stuffed Cabbage 3593629538 

I saw Anne Burrell cooked them on her show yesterday.. she stuffed them with Italian sausage and cheese.. oh so good.. though I don't like to watch her actions on the show, but I was willing to learn or steal her ideas
 Stuffed Cabbage 1838020472 

3Stuffed Cabbage Empty Re: Stuffed Cabbage Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

The recipe I use is one I got from Tyler Florence that I like. I use cooked rice in the meat mixture instead of raw. And since Dane won't eat the raisins in anything except a sugar cookie garnish, my sauce is different - brown sugar & vinegar with the tomato sauce.

No matter how you make them, that's good old fashioned comfort food. Beautiful, Barb, just beautiful!

When I make porcupine meatballs in gravy (also referred to as Sputnik Meatballs) I use raw rice.

4Stuffed Cabbage Empty Re: Stuffed Cabbage Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I also love love Lebanese Cabbage rolls.I used savoy cabbage & pomegranate syrup & pine nuts.. Stuffed Cabbage 3593629538 Stuffed Cabbage 3593629538 Pretty sure I posted the recipe.. If not I will.. sooooooooo good.

5Stuffed Cabbage Empty Re: Stuffed Cabbage Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think anything with cabbage is so versatile. There is so much you can do with it and so many different varieties that taste and look different. Savoy cabbage is so pretty - and almost sweet in taste IMO. It completely changes the taste and texture of any slaw recipe you have, pairs so well with fruit.

6Stuffed Cabbage Empty Re: Stuffed Cabbage Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:45 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I don't see where I posted but I know I did.probly under whats for dinner??? IDK. Did a search did not find anything. Oh well. I will hunt up the recipe when I get a new mouse. It is on my laptop.They link for her website is not on my desktop.

man it was great cabbage rolls..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum