Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?"

+3
JanaAZ
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane had his braunschweiger sandwich....for the 3rd day in a row ~ braunschweiger, raw onion, lettuce, yellow mustard & Miracle Whip on white bread, served with a big pile of chips because a sandwich isn't a sandwich without chips. Same as: bread cannot be used as a bun. Same as: you CANNOT put a hamburger on a hot dog bun, no matter how it is shaped before cooking. (Dane rules of eating) lol

I had the last of the BLT Pasta with buttered Panko crumbs sprinkled over to absorb any sauce ~ it was good but I'm glad it only took me 2 lunches to finish it off. I've got to figure out how to make less when I make it, but it never looks like much until it all gets mixed together and put into a serving bowl.

I've been making a conscience effort to eat what is in the refrigerator instead of just tossing it in the trash at the end of the week. I know....such a waste, but there are times when I just cannot face the leftovers from a meal. For those times I just scoop 'em into an empty plastic grocery sack and dump it before I have a chance to really think about it.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dane had his braunschweiger sandwich....for the 3rd day in a row ~ braunschweiger, raw onion, lettuce, yellow mustard & MAYO on white bread, served with a big pile of chips because a sandwich isn't a sandwich without chips.

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 3602300868 

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" Whole-wheat-crepes-swedish-pancakes-425d

cheese crapes with strawberry sauce.. March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 3267860543

x 3..I could not eat just one. March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 635107192 

bethk

bethk
Admin

He's more of a Miracle Whip "freak" than I am! Funny how when you're raised with one or the other from the earliest you can remember, that's all that's ever on your sandwich.....

So, no, NO MAYO on his sandwich....

Hahahahaha

Nice brunch. What's the filling?

Barbara101

Barbara101

cream cheese & ricotta.

when I was kid (lol) I remember loving that sandwich spread.Sortof pink.Loved it with bologna.I saw something like it at publix & keep forgetting to buy some.Maybe next week I get it..

could be just mayo,ketchup.pickle..??

bethk

bethk
Admin

I remember something called "Sandwich Spread"....I don't know if it was Kraft or another brand. I think it was commonly used in my area to make ground bologna for sandwiches with some sweet pickle relish added in.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's another beautiful day in The Villages....sunshine, blue skies, anticipated 82° high temperature.

Breakfast was a vegetable omelette (celery, carrots & onion) with a bit of cream cheese and a topping of spicy taco sauce.

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" Brkfst030314

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" Olivegardensaladanddressing425f

bethk

bethk
Admin

I fixed some cream of mushroom soup for Dane's lunch....the recipe I got from Rich. It would have gone perfectly with your salad, Barb.

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 1891221_10152248818239573_233344798_n

Cleaned out the fridge quiche...

bethk

bethk
Admin

I cannot look at ANY pie anymore without remembering.....

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 2876911673 

(sorry....I digress.......I'm bad)

Hey, but your quiche looks good. I make mine and just call it egg pie because I don't have any cheese in it.

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:He's more of a Miracle Whip "freak" than I am!  Funny how when you're raised with one or the other from the earliest you can remember, that's all that's ever on your sandwich.....

So, no, NO MAYO on his sandwich....

Hahahahaha

Nice brunch.  What's the filling?

Im not a huge Miracle Whip fan; however, it's a must on BLTs, brunschauger and tomato sandwiches.

NormM

NormM

If it weren't for my son, the smallest bottles of ketchup and Miracle Whip would last years in my fridge. As it is, big bottles of both don't last very long.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can remember long, l-o-n-g, L-O-N-G ago, back in the Dark Ages, I wanted to make that "new" vegetable dip, Knorr Spinach Dip.

Not knowing there was a difference, and only having access to Miracle Whip in Mom's refrigerator....I used Miracle Whip instead of Hellmann's REAL Mayonnaise to mix with the dry vegetable/soup envelope.

O * M * G !!

It was so very awful. I ended up throwing the whole thing out. My mother was furious at me for wasting all the ingredients....but there was no way anyone could eat that spinach dip made with the Miracle Whip.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I remember that small bottle of what they called "Sandwich Spread"..... It was the dressing with the minced pickles in it. We ate it on Bologna Sammiches!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast made a happy face out of me today.
I made the pancake batter from scratch. Buttermilk recipe. They were great; except I should have halved the recipe. I threw out a lot of the batter.

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 7ybv

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" Td23

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" Bqt4

Gee...did I hold the syrup bottle high enough?? I didn't realize Tina would take the picture.

NormM

NormM

I remember that I didn't like that stuff.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

We actually went out for a short walk before breakfast this morning. He promises me it's something we will continue to do. For him, it's been a stern, "Doctor's Orders" ~ although, from past experience, I know probably will not last long. But, I'm going to continue to encourage and participate. I don't think he'll be able to do much walking when it's hot & humid, but for a month or so he should be OK.

He said his breakfast negated the good walk ~ but I assured him it was necessary to fuel his body.

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" Brkfst030514

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 1901355_10203099826246896_1024556789_n

well good breakfast/brunch. Then wait till late afternoon to grill something 70` NO NO NO TV today at all or tonight OR Sunday  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 1562938848 

Might have to actually read something.. study 

What is everyone doing today??

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks good Barb...
I had an omelet today too. ham / cheese / onions and tomato diced. Loaded with tabasco sauce and bread to use as a pusher.

??? why not tv ???? cable out???....

Ooops... forgot...Tina ate her leftover omelet from yesterday from the IHOP she went to with Mary.

Barbara101

Barbara101

??? why not tv ???? cable out???....

NO .. Good programing is out.PBS my channel for the week end Has nothing at all to watch,not even Sunday night.  Evil or Very Mad 

Then regular TV has nothing to watch either. mentalist is on at 10pm sunday thats it.heck I have even bypassed that too same ole same ole boring now..

I happen to like TV & watch it a lot.This weekend bummer. No March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 2787578702 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:??? why not tv ???? cable out???....

NO .. Good programing is out.PBS my channel for the week end Has nothing at all to watch,not even Sunday night.  Evil or Very Mad 

Then regular TV has nothing to watch either. mentalist is on at 10pm sunday thats it.heck I have even bypassed that too same ole same ole boring now..

I happen to like TV & watch it a lot.This weekend bummer. No March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?" 2787578702 

Barb.... everyone, and especially the kids, have been saying ..get netflix...get netflix...and we were like "Naw" too much money renting movies and stuff.

Well I got a mail from Netflix, and I got the free... FREE 30 day trial. Movies streamed to your computer, or if you have a way to run a hdmi cable from the computer to the tv...{ I tried it } and it works.
$8.99 a month...unlimited movies...tv shows etc and music if you like that.
i joined, and Tina loves it. She wanted to watch a special series...
House of Cards" ...She was glued the first day, for 10 hours on the computer watching the series.

It's like cheap TV like years ago when cable cost like 9.00 a month.

Note! You don't have to continue the Netflix...and you can cancel at anytime.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Great looking brunch, Barb. Pretty enough to invite me over!

Dane had a golf outing and I met them for lunch afterward. Worst lunch I've had in a long time. It cost me $12 to go just for the lunch and they had deli ham & turkey, grocery store bread (in the bag), un-ripe sliced tomato, wilted lettuce, nasty bowl of mayo (dried around the edges) and squeeze bottles of mustard. Oh, and that nasty deli potato salad and coleslaw, the kind that tastes kind of "hot" from old cabbage. Gross.

We just got home and Dane just made himself a hot dog. I don't think he liked it either.

Barbara101

Barbara101

well it is almost 4pm & I have had 2 naps  Sleep Sleep yeah that bored.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:well it is almost 4pm & I have had 2 naps  Sleep Sleep yeah that bored.

Knock Knock....someone's at your door ....

He's got an envelope for you! bounce 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXXgILSPfU

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum