Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retirement present.....Priceless!

+4
Crybaby
Bugster2
NormM
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement present.....Priceless! Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I'm just getting the big plastic pots. I don't see any reason to spend $40 or $50 on those big terra cotta pots, they're too heavy to move around if you have to.

I'm sure Dane will come up with "his" ideas on my little garden.....but that's ok.

I've made a lot of marinara, juice, etc. out of those grape or small size tomatoes....you don't want me to bring back all those pics, believe me! My favorite is to halve and seed 'em and roast with a bit of evoo and s&p....then on to toasted bread and topped with fresh mozzarella & a sprinkle of fresh basil. OR mixed with some onion, basalmic & basil and spooned on the bread.... OR just stand out in the sunshine, clean 'em off on your shirt and pop 'em in your mouth, one right after the other! lol

27Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement present.....Priceless! Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:Yeah, I'm just getting the big plastic pots. I don't see any reason to spend $40 or $50 on those big terra cotta pots, they're too heavy to move around if you have to.

That's just what I would've suggested, Beth. When we lived in an apartment, I would grow tomatoes in those huge plastic pots with great success. If the pot is too small, your yield is a lot lower than it should be. I don't use saucers out in the yard, but if I'm using a big pot on the back deck, I prop it up using those little terra cotta "plant feet." They keep the pots from sitting in water, keep your deck from getting stained, and they also help keep the snails/slugs from getting into the pot! God, I hate slugs.

28Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 Empty Re: Retirement present.....Priceless! Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My continuing "saga" of Florida gardening ~

Harvested lettuce.  I don't know how much might "re-grow" but I'm not tossing it quite yet.  If I get enough for garnish or sandwiches, well, good for me!

Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 Harvestedsalad

The sugar snap peas are in full blown bloom.  If every blossom turns into a filled-out pea, well, I'll be in stir fry heaven!

Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 030114sugarsnappeas

The pea blossoms are, to me, so very delicate and pretty.  I do love when Mother Nature brings on the best of show just for my pleasure to see!

Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 Peablooms2

Retirement present.....Priceless! - Page 2 Peablooms1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum