Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghezz it to heck

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ghezz it to heck Empty Ghezz it to heck Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

said it was cool today Evil or Very Mad Said it was going to be a hard freeze,ya well maybe sometime but not today.

jeans on. long sleeve sweat shirt.

darn near fell out with the heat Ghezz it to heck 652761166 I felt in the store.Ghezz it to heck 387840482 I got so hot & couldn't even think about what I buying. I got some stuff & left.

Came in the house,stripped lol lol then had to put the dang fan on,cooled off,then went out for my grocery's.oh I got re dressed Ghezz it to heck 2876911673  

dinner will NOT be chili like I planned.

2Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got a picture text from DD last night.....snow on the ground.

I texted back, "my car has the top down...."

Is it disrespectful that she returned, "bite me", to her mother?

Hahahahahaha!

3Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

It's cool here today, B. High is 70 but dropping to about 40 degrees tonight! Yahoo! We plan to use our gas fireplace tonight and I can't wait. It's the second cold spell we've gotten but this time it will be cooler.

Ever since Brian had radiation, he gets cold more than he used to but even he agrees that we sleep so much better when it's cold. We never use heat at night but just layer blankets or if it's really cold, we get out the down comforter for the bed. Hopefully, Lola (our cat) will be on the bed, too. Fred used to snuggle with you. You'd wake up and he was stretched out alongside of you, actually laying against you, and I swear, he looked like he was a whole yard long. We sure do miss him.

4Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Something is wrong with my computer. I had a tech working on it this morning but he got stumped so I have to wait for an upper level tech to contact me.
I can't stand to sleep with the heater on. We lived in a big, cold house with one of those blast furnaces that have a large square vent on the wall. In the winter I would close the damper part way and sleep with 5 wool blankets and the window cracked open. I feel like I can't breathe when there is no fresh air.
I went to vist a friend in AZ and they had the heat on 24/7. I woke up hysterical in the middle of the night. I actually had to go outside and cool down. I then opened up the window all of the way in my room and finally was able to sleep comfortably. My DH and I never sleep with the heat on. I sleep with the window slightly open and an electric blanket covered with a down quilt. No sheets either. My feet are claustrophobic and I like to stick them out of the covers. I once was given a flannel bunny suit with feet. I woke up, hot and took a pair of scissors and cut the feet off. I don't even like wearing socks.

5Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:23 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote: I once was given a flannel bunny suit with feet. I woke up, hot and took a pair of scissors and cut the feet off. I don't even like wearing socks.
Did it look like the one Ralphie had to put on in the movie, "Christmas Story", that plays every year about a hundred times? Man, I still love to watch it. I even gave my son-in-law a Red Ryder BB Gun and a bedside size Leg Lamp for Christmas one year because it's one of HIS favorite movies as well. He can recite every line from the movie right along with each character.

6Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was in high school when I got it. All I remember is that it was red flannel, had feet and a drop seat. I hated that drop seat. I got up one time in the middle of the night to use the facilities and found the tie had knotted and I couldn't get it undone. Almost had an accident. I finished out the winter in it but gave it a toss when spring rolled around.

7Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I can't stand to sleep with the heater on. We lived in a big, cold house with one of those blast furnaces that have a large square vent on the wall. In the winter I would close the damper part way and sleep with 5 wool blankets and the window cracked open. I feel like I can't breathe when there is no fresh air..
That's EXACTLY the same way I feel, Bug.  

Bugster2 wrote:I went to vist a friend in AZ and they had the heat on 24/7. I woke up hysterical in the middle of the night. I actually had to go outside and cool down. I then opened up the window all of the way in my room and finally was able to sleep comfortably. My DH and I never sleep with the heat on. I sleep with the window slightly open and an electric blanket covered with a down quilt. No sheets either. My feet are claustrophobic and I like to stick them out of the covers. I once was given a flannel bunny suit with feet. I woke up, hot and took a pair of scissors and cut the feet off. I don't even like wearing socks.
We use sheets but I, too, like to stick my feet out from under the covers occasionally.  Brian has told me several times that he has woken up and is reaching for another blanket to pile on when he looks over at me and I've kicked every single blanket and am laying there without even a sheet to cover me.  Eventually I'll get cool and pull up the blankets again.

It's one of the things that make me crazy when I'm in a cold climate, say the Boston area.  It's so cold outside that you have to bundle up to go out but then say, when you reach the restaurant you're going to, the heat is turned up so high that (1) I can't BREATHE, and (2) you'd have to pull off almost all your clothes to be comfortable in that heat.  

I'm a bit of an insomniac but I sleep SO GOOD when it's cold.  And I don't like to wear socks either (I'm laughing)!

8Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My mother used to say it was good sleeping weather. My DH and I still use the phrase.
I sleep with an electric blanket, even in the summer except on the hottest of nights. My DH and I have our own blankets. He sleeps with a satin comforter, me with the electric blanket. After a few years of marriage I noticed my DH would steal part of my blanket in the night. He poo-pooed the idea of having his own electric blanket. The same with a bathrobe and slippers. He said a bathrobe was a dress. Here it is 35 years later and he now pulls out the electric blanket in the winter and puts it under his comforter. He has realized how nice it is to not have have to get into a cold bed. The same with the robe and slippers. On cold winter mornings he puts on the robe. The slippers are now used year round. Who says you can't get people to change their ways.
Another thing he has changed is the area where he brushes his teeth. When we first moved into this house I would always manage to get the bathroom mirror dirty everytime I brushed my teeth. So I moved to the laundry room where we have a nice tall deep sink that I can comfortably rest on and stick my head down into. No more mess to clean except to rinse the sink. My DH thought I was strange until he tried it a few years later. It was an epiphany for him. Now why didn't he think of this before? He thinks it is one of the best ideas I have ever had. All of the brushes, Sonicares, Waterpiks are there, out of sight from any guests. And no more mess on the mirror. or clutter in the bathroom, at least for teeth. He still has his clutter of shavers, deodorants, q-tips etc. My side just has perfume.

9Ghezz it to heck Empty Re: Ghezz it to heck Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gosh...I get a kick out of her side and my side.
I have a top shelf in the bathroom closet.
I don't leave anything out in site.
The girls have all the closet space, and the shelf on the tub.
DD and GD brush their teeth in the shower.
At night, they brush and leave the brush and paste IN the shower area. I frown on that!

My stuff is hidden from everyone. I have a car wash brush that I use for a body scrub brush.
I have a special place in the closet to store that.
I call it my Cadaver Body scrub brush! lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum