Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina forwarded this to me today! I thought it interesting to pass it on!

I'll say that them Kids In Kansas were smart as heck!

This one I'm sure NORM would be interested in...hahahaha

I could understand 1/8 of this test. and If I were to take this test, I would get a f f f...(Triple F ) . Actually I would be in the Minus category.

I hope the link works??

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.mindingthecampus.com/forum/2008/04/then_and_now.html

2Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've managed to roll a,big piece of poster board I to a cone and it is plopped on my head.....

I'm one of the class dunces for sure.....I didn't know what some of the words were.....

Thank goodness I don't have to take any more tests!

3Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I've managed to roll a,big piece of poster board I to a cone and it is plopped on my head.....

I'm one of the class dunces for sure.....I didn't know what some of the words were.....

Thank goodness I don't have to take any more tests!
I'm sure there is one test you would pass with flying colors.......................................

COOKING!!!

4Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 pm

NormM

NormM

Deleted. I don't know how so many of these got posted.

Last edited by NormM on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:54 pm

NormM

NormM

Deleted. Double post

Last edited by NormM on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

6Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:58 pm

NormM

NormM

NormM wrote:School Rules    1872

1. Will fill lamps, trim wicks and clean chimneys

2. Each morning teacher will bring a bucket of water and a scuttle of coal for the days session.

3. Make your pens carefully.  You may whittle nibs to the individual taste of the pupils.

4. Men teachers may take one evening each week for courting purposes or two evenings a week if they attend church regularly

5. After 10 hours in school the teachers may spend the  remaining time reading the Bible or any other good book

6. Women teachers who marry or engage in unseemly conduct will be dismissed

7. Every teacher should lay aside for each pay day a goodly sum of his earning for the benefit during his declining years so that he will not become a burden on society

8. Any thacher who smokes, used liquor in any form, frequents pool or public halls, or gets shaved in a barber shop will give good reason to suspect his worth, intention, integrity and honesty

9. The teacher who performs his labor faithfully and without fault for five years will be given an increase of $.25 per week in his pay providing the Board of Education approves
[/quote]

Last edited by NormM on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:School Rules    1872

[size=18]

7. Every teacher should lay aside for each pay day a goodly sum of his earning for the benefit during his declining years so that he will not become a burden on society

Oh Dear, that is so funny! I'm laughing my *** off as I remain in
my "Declining Years!" actually, My Declining everything!!! hahahahahaha

8Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And don't forget....any time the children were needed on the farm it was an excused absence. And any remedial work schedule had to be worked into the daily lesson plan. Amazing there were any volunteers to teach children.

9Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:And don't forget....any time the children were needed on the farm it was an excused absence.  And any remedial work schedule had to be worked into the daily lesson plan.  Amazing there were any volunteers to teach children.
If a teacher in Grade school called out sick.
The boys were to drag the desk chairs from the absent teachers room, and into the next room. We just doubled up in the 4th or 5th grade room for the day. They didn't scramble and call in a substitute teacher; unless the teacher was out for more than two days.

10Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 am

NormM

NormM

My mom was a one-room school teacher for a few years before she got married.

I have seen the Salina test before. I looked a few years ago into it and apparently it is a real test. My school was not too far from Salina.

Sandra Day O'Conner recently bemoaned todays kids learning levels. One of the questions she said a lot of them missed was about why the Declaration of Independance was written. They didn't know even though the answer is in the question.

11Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Empty Re: Kansas Kids Were Smart as Heck! Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This one really gets a laugh out of Tina and Me!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum