Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cookware question

+3
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cookware question Empty Cookware question Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Do you think it is possible to cook and still keep your cookware in pristine condition? I am talking serious cooking, like using spoons, whisks, etc. in the pans and moving the pans across the grates. Is it possible to keep your pans scratch free, at least along the outside. If so, how?

Last edited by Bugster2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

2Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nope.

I think a battered up old stainless steel pan with some stained/burned on oil stains on the outside looks better.

Only way to keep anything "pristine" would be to keep it in the box it came in on the pantry shelf.

JMO

3Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes I do.Oddly enough they are the oldest pots I have.Farberware stainless from 1970.I tossed out the skillets right quick.Hate them,everything sticks.I got a new skillet not long ago ,a gift,I would never ever buy one.And everything I cooked stuck.I know she paid $125 for it.I turned around & sold it Embarassed Hated it..BTW I clean then with bartenders,when needed.

I have one other pan I love love,it is really really old too.Club skillet large with a great heavy lid.I am pretty sure it is aluminum.It is almost black,it came that way.Nothing sticks & so easy to clean.it is still perfectly clean,inside & out.

Every pot or pan I have bought since ,other then CI is not pristine.I have tossed out so many pots,Cheap & expensive.Two of them where Emerils.Junk.
I do like my non stick Calphalon.I like the glass lid too.They are about 2 years old & are pristine.They have them at Wal Mart now & I am going to get some new skillets.

4Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 pm

JanaAZ

Mine have a few scratches in them from spoons, whisks, etc., but not a bit of burned on food. Barkeepers Friend is my best friend. You all know that I use my pans a lot, too.

5Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:39 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jana, do you use Bar Keepers on polished stainless? Doesn't it mar the finish?

6Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:31 pm

JanaAZ

If by 'polished stainless' you mean the stainless that is smooth inside and out....ye I do. It definitely does not mar the finish.

Sometimes the interior of the pan turns colors from too high heat and BKF cleans that away in about 5 seconds.

I also saw that they now have one for cookware. Don't know what the difference is but it's more expensive than the regular so I haven't bothered with it.

7Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:09 am

Niagara Visitor

When you look at used cookbooks, look for the dirtiest one, because it will be the best. Same for pots and pans "previously loved" comes to mind here.

8Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

You should see some of my books - filthy with pages glued together with food splatters.

9Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

If.., I had my own set of pots and pans....they would be in top condition.
I am so fussy with pots, it's actually rediculous. haaaaaa
The other users ( I won't mention names ) burn and scratch the heck out of the pots.
Most of the cookware we have are the chrome shiny Farberware.

10Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Farberware.

I have had mine since 1968.. I kid you not.They look as good today as they did then.If I had the money back from all the crap junk I have bought over the yrs,I would be filthy rich. santa 

11Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

so yesterday I wanted to make french toast.Did not want to bother with my CI. I used a big old skillet. That thing did not sit flat on the burner  Evil or Very Mad took forever to cook to slices of bread.Then I drag out the flat griddle thing.Of course it only fits one burner not 2.That thing did not lay flat  Evil or Very Mad another PIA pan.I said to he11 with it.Both of them are in the pile to goodwill.

Next time I want to make French T I will bring out my old old old Sunbeam electric skillet.

12Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:so yesterday I wanted to make french toast.Did not want to bother with my CI. I used a big old skillet. That thing did not sit flat on the burner  Evil or Very Mad took forever to cook to slices of bread.Then I drag out the flat griddle thing.Of course it only fits one burner not 2.That thing did not lay flat  Evil or Very Mad another PIA pan.I said to he11 with it.Both of them are in the pile to goodwill.

Next time I want to make French T I will bring out my old old old Sunbeam electric skillet.

I always use the electric skillet for french toast. Actually, I use it for controlled frying and cooking. We do have one of those electric griddles, but it's sometimes way too big for just 4 slices of French Toast. Tina cooks the Welch cookies on it.

13Cookware question Empty Re: Cookware question Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:19 pm

LisaSD

LisaSD

Jana's pots and pans look like new...and I know she uses them a LOT!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum