Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fall Back Tonight!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fall Back Tonight! Empty Fall Back Tonight! Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Don't forget to set the clocks back before bed tonight....

Or you'll be early for EVERYTHING tomorrow.

2Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I may be up at 4am Fall Back Tonight! 2855670339 

3Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:15 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I feel well rested....slept till 5 - which was 6 yesterday.......

4Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got up at 5 lol which was in my head 6.I do not get this, lay in bed till the sun is up.Nor can I go back to sleep...

Maggie wants me up & lets me know. Then Ms Cat will not let up till I get up.Molly could care less.

5Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Moose got to stay in the house last night....he hates the cold on the porch. He was happy to sit next to me on the couch and only went out to have his breakfast, then right back in the house. If he stops throwing up hair balls he could stay in at night. I told DD he could stay in the utility room at night and have a nice bed there, but he likes to prowl and walk on her face in the middle of the night.

I'm pretty sure when I'm back in Florida the dumb cat will have the run of the place 24/7.

6Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

friend of mine in Az told me they don't have 'time changing' to deal with.did not know that.

7Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:43 pm

JanaAZ

Yup. We don't have daylight savings time here in AZ. It is really a hassle, though. It's harder to work out calling times for out of state places. When I used to work at Motorola, I'd have to call people all over the world. Trying to figure out who had and didn't have DST was killer. And....if you set things up in automatic calendars, half the time they don't adjust properly for the time change. So, you have to check each and every calendar appt to make sure it was handled properly.

On the other hand, we don't have to change our electronics. I did find that our new clocks and things we bought have a DST button to select whether to change or not. Awesome!!!

8Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:friend of mine in Az told me they don't have 'time changing' to deal with.did not know that.
If I remember correctly, parts of Hawaii don't do DST either. Personally, I love it. If it's got to get dark earlier, I'm glad it's in Fall/Winter. Plus, we so love it when we have to jump forward in Spring -- it makes it seem like your day is sooo much longer.

9Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Since I don't have to alter my school/work schedule ~ body clock ..... I don't mind either.

And, to tell the truth, daylight savings time doesn't alter my afternoon nap one bit!

10Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

me either lol plus ms cat & puppers can not tell time & get me up at 5am.

11Fall Back Tonight! Empty Re: Fall Back Tonight! Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:me either lol plus ms cat & puppers can not tell time & get me up at 5am.
You made me laugh, Barbara, as the cats (well, now the cat) have more trouble adjusting to the time change than we do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum