Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Empty JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I made these for breakfast on Monday and this afternoon, and we used them for dessert also, with a scoop of Haagen-Dazs vanilla and some homemade caramel sauce that I made. They are delicious.

Snicker Doodle Pumpkin Muffins

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs, whisked
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup apple cider

For the topping:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon  

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a medium, microwave safe, mixing bowl melt the butter on high for 1 minute. Add the sugar and mix well; then add the apple cider, pumpkin puree, vanilla and eggs, mixing until smooth.  Add the flour, spices, and soda, folding them into the wet ingredients until just mixed.  Portion evenly into the 6 wells of a jumbo muffin tin, sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes and turn oven down to 375 and bake for 23 minutes.  Once they are out of the oven, mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl.  While the muffins are still hot, sprinkle with your cinnamon sugar mixture.  Allow to cool and then remove from pans.

2JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Empty Re: JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The recipe sounds like the donut muffin recipe. That's the one where you roll the baked muffins in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar. A once every 6-months or year recipe! LOL

3JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Empty Re: JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sounds wonderful! I think i will give the recipe a try.

4JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Empty Re: JUMBO SNICKER DOODLE PUMPKIN MUFFINS Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm sure you can google for the recipe....I usually make them in the sprayed mini muffin tins and tip them out when they are still hot from the oven - then no papers to deal with. I think The Pioneer Woman does one, come to think of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum