Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cool Front Barged Through.....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cool Front Barged Through..... Empty Cool Front Barged Through..... Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Barb, I don't know what YOUR weather is like but down here in central Florida we are experiencing a cool front.....

52° when I got up this morning.....brrrrrrr ! (JUST KIDDING!)

I still sat out in the courtyard in my jammies and had my coffee. I will say I moved my chair to the other side of the house to get out of the breeze as it was a bit brisk and my coffee was cooling too quickly.

We should get up to 80° this afternoon and I'll still be able to drive around town with the top down!

I'm NOT looking forward to the temps Lyn and I will be driving into next week when we return to Ohio for a visit. I know I'll have to wear "real" shoes instead of the flip flops I've had on my feet since last February. I don't like shoes. They cramp my feet. My toes like to be aired out. But I know I'll only be in a warm kitchen cooking meals to go into the freezer so I guess I really don't have much to worry about.

2Cool Front Barged Through..... Empty Re: Cool Front Barged Through..... Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

46` this am.High will be 67` so they say.Ppl will be bitching oh it is so cold Cool Front Barged Through..... 2855670339 last night the guy says Oh it will be a extra blanket on the bed night..Oh please I have yet to put a blanket on the bed.I push the quilt to the foot & the cat lays on it.Top sheet for me.

I will wear open toes & flops till it feels cold to me. That may be in Dec or Jan.lol I have not bought closed toe shoes in yrs.LMAO at the stores around here that sell boots.Cool Front Barged Through..... 2876911673 
I will be getting out a sweat shirt & long sleeve shirts soon. I need to buy some new sleep pants,love those things.

I doubt I will not be turning my heater at all.My electric bill will go to $50.Cool Front Barged Through..... 3267860543 It was $80 last month,it is coming down.This house must be very well insulated.My highest bill this summer was $125.

3Cool Front Barged Through..... Empty Re: Cool Front Barged Through..... Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just spent 2 hours trimming our bushes that run the length of the house - I don't know what they are but they grow like weeds. I had a couple neighbors stop and offer the loan of their electric hedge clippers but sharp mechanical tools and Beth is NOT a good mix. I'm much better off with my Fiscar's hand clippers and a large trash can to drop my trimmings into.

I do know I'll be more than happy to turn that chore over to Mr. Amazing (my lawn boy). He CAN use the electric clippers, and quite handily at that. I wonder if he can trim the top of our holly tree into a Mickey Mouse head????

4Cool Front Barged Through..... Empty Re: Cool Front Barged Through..... Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I do know I'll be more than happy to turn that chore over to Mr. Amazing (my lawn boy). He CAN use the electric clippers, and quite handily at that. I wonder if he can trim the top of our holly tree into a Mickey Mouse head????
This might be something he could aspire to, Beth!

Cool Front Barged Through..... NeighborwithAttitude_zps9b038f7d

5Cool Front Barged Through..... Empty Re: Cool Front Barged Through..... Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahahahahaha! Boy, wouldn't THAT set the neighbors off on a drinking binge! (Not that any of us really needs an excuse ~ just sayin'.....)

6Cool Front Barged Through..... Empty Re: Cool Front Barged Through..... Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dang it. Going to have to turn my air back on. 80` all next week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum