Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

finally....cool

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1finally....cool Empty finally....cool Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:47 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

70` the high today. Rain & wind but I am going out.well I have to,I want some kraut.

Pork chops,apples,kraut, I have on my mind..bounce 

2finally....cool Empty Re: finally....cool Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, gawd, that sounds GOOD.....

Hey, I'll bet those crappy thin-cut pork loin chops would tender-up under some sauerkraut!

Cool!

Speaking of cool....did anyone else read of the terrible October snow storm in South Dakota? FEET of snow fell after hours of freezing rains and 60 mph winds.....

I remember my summer in Pierre, SD ~ middle of nowhere.

3finally....cool Empty Re: finally....cool Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:00 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Out here in SoCal it is finally cooling down also. A little late for me though. I took on a monumental job of tearing down 15 years worth of morning glory vines off the walls and fences of my yard. No help from my DH. I filled an 8ft by 20ft by 7ft container with over 200 (55) gallon trash bags. I couldn't afford to hire anyone so the resident field hand (me) had to do it. I did it but it took its toll on me. Gad! Those trash dumpsters are expensive. $500! I was hoping that no one would come along in the middle of the night and dump an old stove or other trash into it. I put a couple of signs on the outside of the container that said "Don't Even Think About It". Maybe it worked. LOL.

4finally....cool Empty Re: finally....cool Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster ~ won't the morning glories return? That would be awful after the back-breaking work and expense of disposal.

And to think someone probably planted them years ago thinking they were "so pretty".....

5finally....cool Empty Re: finally....cool Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:52 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Bugster ~ won't the morning glories return?  That would be awful after the back-breaking work and expense of disposal.  

And to think someone probably planted them years ago thinking they were "so pretty".....
I have a secret weapon: Poison Ivy Killer. It will take years to kill it, it I can do it. In the mean time I can keep it under control with the killer. Everytime it sprouts I will be there with the spray. The vine is like Kudzu, it never really goes away.

6finally....cool Empty Re: finally....cool Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

and the happy side effect is....NO poison ivy, either!

7finally....cool Empty Re: finally....cool Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:37 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I had to laugh, as we adore morning glories -- my favorite are the deep purple ones called Grandpa Ott.  We plant seeds every year and mix them with moonflowers, which is great, as the moonflowers bloom in the evening and their big white blooms are gorgeous.  Sometimes I stand in the dark before going up to bed and just stare at the moonflowers.  And every morning when I come downstairs, I stop to look at how many morning glories have bloomed.  If you look at the picture of our house in my avatar, you can see we have a telephone pole in front of our house. We grow morning glories (the purple ones) and moonflowers on that pole every year and it's too pretty. In fact, some of the people on the street have also now started morning glory vines on the poles near their properties. The vine is now higher than our balcony rail, though we do keep them from going up on the pole to the wires...

They're annuals here and even though we don't have very many freezes, they usually die out each winter.  The moonflowers often have "volunteers" the following spring but we always have to plant more morning glory seeds.  

I don't envy that task you took on, Bugster! I probably wouldn't have even attempted that job! Loved your note on the dumpster, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum