Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cold Skillet Fried Chicken?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Empty Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Does anyone have the recipe from the original Cooking.com site? I believe it belonged to CJS and was made in an electric skillet.

2Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Empty Re: Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, Pea, I don't have that one. Possibly a pm to Lisa would get a connection to CJS ~ she had many of the email addresses of the members....

Sorry I couldn't help.

3Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Empty Re: Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I found it on another site by Googling it, took me several tries and wordings but finally found it, and I'll post it.

COLD OIL CHICKEN
You don't really need an electric skillet, it just makes it so much easier. From CJS of original Cooking.com site.

2/3 c flour
1 tsp each: garlic salt & seasoned salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp each: pepper, rubbed sage, thyme leaves, & dried basil
3 c oil (approx.)
Chicken pieces

In a bag, combine all the seasonings. In a deep electric frying pan, pour in 1/2" of oil. Shake each piece of chicken in flour mixture & place skin side down in the cold oil. Cover the pan & turn to 350°. When you hear the chicken frying & sizzling loudly, set a timer & cook for 15 min. Remove cover & turn pieces over. Cook, uncovered for 10 min. longer or till meat next to bone is done.

4Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Empty Re: Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Now how cool is that? Good internet investigating, Pea!

And now that I see the recipe I remember reading it before!

Good job ~ thanks!

5Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Empty Re: Cold Skillet Fried Chicken? Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:31 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jean has her own forum.I can never remember the name. I can find it. later.

I always thought you had the oil hot..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum