Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013

+5
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
thesweetestpea
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:No No No....I go by the food nutrition pyramid on the bread wrapper, and it shows bread; cereals; rice; grains,... ( Eat 6 to 11 servings of these daily )

I'm good with that!!! hahahahahahaha
STOP !!!! ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 2876911673 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a meal to go with the peach chutney I experimented with today....

I ended up with a ham steak w/peach chutney, spaghetti squash and green beans. (OK, so I cheated just a little.....I cut the ham in half and saved it for cubing up to add to my eggs in the morning ~ gee, I wonder where I got THAT inspiration???)

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 100713

The peach chutney was really good with the salty ham - but could be a bit more spicy. But, hey, I had a red chili pepper. I expected it to have a little heat, but, no, it was more like a mild version of a jalapeno.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I made a meal to go with the peach chutney I experimented with today....

I ended up with a ham steak w/peach chutney, spaghetti squash and green beans.  (OK, so I cheated just a little.....I cut the ham in half and saved it for cubing up to add to my eggs in the morning ~ gee, I wonder where I got THAT inspiration???)

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 100713

The peach chutney was really good with the salty ham - but could be a bit more spicy.  But, hey, I had a red chili pepper.  I expected it to have a little heat, but, no, it was more like a mild version of a jalapeno.
You did it again Beth! That meal and ham looks great! Is that your home made peach chutney?
I was rummaging in the cabinets the other day, and I found peach Salsa!???
Never heard of it, but willing to try it soon!

NormM

NormM

Charlie made kalbi tonight.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 DSCN0774_zps14eacd13

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 SDC12706

Great bunch of food by us ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 3602300868 

blackened salmon,leftover fettuccine,carrots,cauliflower.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Charlie made kalbi tonight.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 DSCN0774_zps14eacd13
Wow! Uncle Jimmy gives Charlie 3 *** stars for that one! OMG Drooling already!

( Norm...remember in school the teacher (s) (some) would put those sticky colored stars on the tests and or homework papers if it was a good report etc. ??? )

I did pretty good in school, but I always got a (-) Minus for food stains on my homework! hahahahaha

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 SDC12706

Great bunch of food by us  ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 3602300868 

blackened salmon,leftover fettuccine,carrots,cauliflower.
Blackened??? Umm! My tongue is burning already! Looks Great Barb!

bethk

bethk
Admin

KALBI !!! I've got some (w/Charlie's recipe, of course) in my freezer right now. They didn't have the crosscut short ribs but nice chunks of boneless that I sliced and then poured the marinate over before freezing. I KNOW for a fact you guys ate good - and I can taste it just by looking at your pic!
Tell Charlie I said "Super job!"

Goodness gracious, Barb - you're on a ROLL! Two fantastic, super delicious meals in a row....and an inspiring breakfast in between. You know I don't care for salmon but yours always almost converts me!

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:You did it again Beth! That meal and ham looks great! Is that your home made peach chutney?
I was rummaging in the cabinets the other day, and I found peach Salsa!???
Never heard of it, but willing to try it soon!
Thanks, Jimmy - and, yes, that is the peach chutney I made. Real chutney would have raisins in it, I think, but I didn't have any. So, it is what it is. But the spices of fresh ginger, dried curry, dry mustard and spicy red pepper flakes make the peaches into a more savory accompaniment than you'd think.

The peach salsa is good stuff. I made some last week when my sister-in-law was here. It's just a little bit spicy, sweet and when you eat it with salty tortilla chips it is a very addicting snack.

NormM

NormM

I never got a star Sad

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I never got a star Sad

Well ..... Here You Go Norm!

Your the proud owner of this Gold Star!

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 5yh3

I got this Star for You, at the same place I got a Brain for Me!

"The Land of OZ!" ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 2876911673 

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:We had butternut squash stuffed with onion, green pepper, hamburger, cheese and seasoning.
That looks delicious, Norm.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:Tina got a recipe from some chef show to boil the potatoes in 1 + 1/4 cup of salt! Awk Awk Awk....Yes..That much salt! They are supposed to magically make the inside of the boiling taters soft and moist, and are not salty!???
I have to question that? then it says oil with olive oil, and bake in the oven.
I want them fried and crispy. Or even done on the grill!!
I saw the same show, Jimmy.  They also coated the smushed potatoes with malt vinegar prior to baking, as the objective was to make them have the flavor of those potato chips with salt and vinegar.  They really looked delicious on the show, too.  After they took the out the oven, they brushed on a tad more of the malt vinegar.  Curious to hear how they turned out.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

You guys are killing me with all this good looking stuff. Love it!!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb's killin' me with the pics of HER gorgeous sandwich....

Here's MY lunch ((sigh))..........

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 PBampJ

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so SOMETIMES a special run to the grocery store is in order........like when a certain lady from S. Carolina starts talking about sauerkraut.....

I even made a small batch of what Mr. Amazing's straight-from-Germany grandma called "spetzloff"

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 Spetzloff

I used the thin boneless pork loin chops - even browned and seasoned and cooked in sauerkraut couldn't make them tender OR flavorful.....but, the sauerkraut and noodles were tasty, for sure!

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 100813

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 DSC_0021_thumb1

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 2876911673 here is some fried apples. Before my camera went dead. I made sauted pork chops & kraut.have to hunt up a battery.

I have that tupperware strainer lol

gosh kraut sure went up $3..half bag.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

I now have TWO of those Tupperware strainers - my old, long used one and the one that the previous owner had but didn't use (at least it LOOKS brand new).

I don't buy the bag of sauerkraut - I buy the cheapest, sourest can I can find. Fortunately, the Winn Dixie store carried the Silverfloss brand, $1.59 for a large 27 oz. can.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I forgot to say "Thanks" to Jimmy for the dessert idea.....

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 Oreos

I needed a sugar high to boost my spirits after my pantry door fell off and hit me in the head this afternoon.........DARN DOOR. A silly screw came un-done and the door crashed into me when I grabbed it to open, not realizing it wasn't going to stay upright. I figured out how to reinstall the screw but I need a second body to help hold the door while I realign the metal peg in the bottom in the slot......Lyn's out of town on a road trip so I'll just have to wait a day or two until she's available. Times like this is when I miss Mr. Amazing ~ the thing would have been repaired and operating properly by now if HE was here.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 BrokenDoor100813

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 DSC_0021_thumb1

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 2876911673 here is some fried apples. Before my camera went dead. I made sauted pork chops & kraut.have to hunt up a battery.

I have that Tupperware strainer, too -- probably 30 years old and I have the round green one, too which is even older. Still look good.

How did you make your fried apples? Did you use the Splenda brown sugar or the real thing?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Holy Tuesday.... Oreos and sauerkraut and bubbly boiled apples....all that food is definitely food for the fall! Beth...I'm the same way! I like the kraut in the cans. Sour is the best.
Tina buys it in the bag sometimes, but I et mine from the can just heated up a bit.

I made Waffles for Tina and GD Meranda this morning.

Wanna see a waffle / sausage smile?

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 C728

Tina went to the mall and brought Tacos from the Bell.
I was next door installing a power steering pump on a trail blazer, and A delicious smell was coming from the house. Tina made Banana Thin Thin Hankies. ( crepes ) Because they are square, we call them Hankies.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 5dc3

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 Ofuz

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yummy waffles, Jimmy - a happy meal, for sure!

So, did Tina fill the crepes with banana & cream? Tell me more!

Barbara101

Barbara101

thesweetestpea wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 DSC_0021_thumb1

I have that Tupperware strainer, too -- probably 30 years old and I have the round green one, too which is even older.  Still look good.  

How did you make your fried apples?  Did you use the Splenda brown sugar or the real thing?
peeled/cored fiji apples 2 of them.dumped a good amount of Ideal brown sugar sub..Oh forgot the half stick of butter,melted in a CI skillet.I could not find my cinnamon,I have 3:roll: so I used some apple pie spice I just bought.simmered till soft then turned up the heat the sugar caramelized.

Barbara101

Barbara101

how funny. I was going to make crepes lol lol.I thought about using some leftover fried apples in them. ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 4 635107192 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yummy waffles, Jimmy - a happy meal, for sure!

So, did Tina fill the crepes with banana & cream?  Tell me more!
The crepe batter has two bananas in it that she puts in the blender. I would have to get the recipe from her which is not written because it was her moms recipe.
I'll get it later when she comes back from PA today! She's on a food shopping spree with my cousins.

We all eat them crepes different ways. Son Jimmy sprinkles sugar and lemon juice on his, and rolls them up. DD drizzles pure maple syrup on hers.
I eat them plain or with melted butter drizzled on them then rolled up like a cigar.
Tina eats them with fruit preserves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum