Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013

+5
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
thesweetestpea
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina boiled a whole rotisserie chicken and made chicken soup. I cleaned off all the chicken, and made chicken salad with it!

I pureed the celery and onions and threw it back in the soup.

There is not a thing to eat for dessert.
Maybe a English muffin with butter and cherry jam later on. I'm easy when it comes to dessert. Sometimes I'm satisfied with just Peanut Butter, and Jully!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 1016936_10200395713680136_1869986932_n

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 407098_10151658310565774_1563853760_n
Shurely looks delicious Barb.

The mushrooms look superb. ummmmm!!!Smile 

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 2453703928 I am so fussy with stuffed mushrooms. I do not like them greasy..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Man, oh, man ~ I will be SO happy when I finally get the rest of MY stuff down here to the villa.  I am so tired of planning to make something and finding I don't have all the equipment I need.  Tonight the missing piece was a muffin tin.  I bought paper liners but when I went to the cabinet all I had was the mini-muffin pan.

Oh well, when life gives you a forgetful brain you punt ~

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 NoMuffinTin

They ain't "pretty" but the taste is still the same....besides, these are Jiffy corn muffins and they're just for ME 'cause I'm super hungry for them.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 CornMuffins

Now for the important part:

Tonight's dinner inspiration came from.......

(drum roll)

JIMMY !

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 100213

I've been hungry for chili since HE made some last week.  It may not be cold weather here (was in the 90°'s today) but nothing else sounded good.  So, thanks, Jimmy!  My hat's off to you!
Glad to have inspired your meal Beth!
Wow! ...you went all out with those chips and corn breads.
Thanks for the idea with the corn bread for our next chili day!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 2453703928 I am so fussy with stuffed mushrooms. I do not like them greasy..
So True. I hate biting into grease and having it drip all over. My stomach turns when anything is like that. Actually, the only grease I will soak up and eat, is when I fry hot Italian Sausage, and the grease soaks up with Italian Bread. That...Is a Habit. Grew up doing that when mom would fry the sausage. Only the Hot Red grease!

And...I hate pumpkin bread or zucchini bread when the recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of oil! Yuck!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lawdy, Lawdy, Lawdy !

Now I have BARB'S meal on my brain.....I'm feelin' like such a copy cat fool !

Barb, that steak looks SO yummy - bet it was done so it was nice and red on the inside, but the juices JUST SET when you let it rest & sliced into it......

Lawdy, but I have the taste for a nice piece of beef steak in the near future....

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't have any steak (darn!) ~ but I did come across a zip bag of chicken wings, so I think that's what I'm going to make for my supper. I'm at a loss of what I want to put on them, I know they'll be cooked on the gas grill. Do I want BBQ (Sw Baby Ray's) or spicy/sweet Asian chili sauce? Either will be good.

I've got some mini red potatoes. I've got some rice. I've got noodles.

Decisions ~ decisions ~ decisions.....hmmmmmm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is making something new; called eggplant pie???????
Weee shall seeee!

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is making something new; called eggplant pie???????
Weee shall seeee!

Eggplant pie ~~~~~~~~ Interesting.............isn't that what you say when you cannot imagine what is in it and how it's made???

I mean, I'm picturing a pastry crust filled with eggplant.

Bet she does something different.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it is made.

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 ButternutAppleGratin

Apple,Butternut squash Gratin.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 602144_519423344782919_1747860877_n

Grilled Half chicken.

bethk

bethk
Admin

What kind of cheese do you put on that, Barb?  I would think cheddar, because you usually see that paired with apple (as in apple pie w/cheddar) - just wondering.....

I decided to go with the BBQ sauce for my wings - baked sweet potato, micro'd broccoli and a cucumber/onion salad w/sour cream dressing.....

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 100313

And, Jimmy, I'm so, SO sorry I didn't save any chicken for you. THIS was the chicken to share with you! The wing tip ends were nothing but charcoaled BBQ air.....you know what I'm talkin' about! YUM!

Barbara101

Barbara101

1 large butternut squash (2-3 lbs) (NO cheese)
2 Granny Smith apples
1 small onion

parsley
sage
rosemary
thyme
kosher salt
freshly cracked black pepper
1 tbs honey
4 tbs butter

1 cup coarse breads crumbs
2 tbs butter

Heat oven to 350F.
Peel squash and cut in half. Using a spoon, scrape out the insides, just like you'd do if you were carving a pumpkin. Cut the squash into large chunks. Place in a large bowl.
Peel and core apples. Cut into large chunks. Add to the bowl.
Peel and roughly chop the onion. Add to the bowl.
Add parsley, sage, and rosemary. thyme. Add all of the herbs to the bowl along with a good dash of salt and black pepper. Toss everything together. Dump everything into a 9x13 casserole dish. Drizzle with honey. Dot with butter. Cover with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes or until almost tender.
Mix bread crumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over all. Place back in the oven, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is making something new; called eggplant pie???????
Weee shall seeee!

Eggplant pie ~~~~~~~~  Interesting.............isn't that what you say when you cannot imagine what is in it and how it's made???

I mean, I'm picturing a pastry crust filled with eggplant.

Bet she does something different.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it is made.
Very Very Good....BUT???

The recipe ( I don't know where it came from) Said use 2 cups grated cheese??
Never said what kind, and no specific kind listed in the ingredients.
Well....Tina put 2 cups of Grated Spaghetti Green Tube Kraft Cheese.
WOWwwwwwww!! S A L T Y as ole heck. It was good otherwise, and the recipe needs a MAJOR Revision. I would use Meunster and Gruyer cheese mix.
I took pics, and I will post them later, but the recipe is a keeper.
Basically it's peeled and cubed eggplant, and cubed toasted bread. 2 eggs and in a 8x10 greased pan.... Calls to boil the heck and mash the eggplant. Nope! Tina just cooked it a little and left it cubed. 2 eggs and all mixed together.
It comes out like a Quiche .... Also...T added sliced thin tomato on top.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:What kind of cheese do you put on that, Barb?  I would think cheddar, because you usually see that paired with apple (as in apple pie w/cheddar) - just wondering.....

I decided to go with the BBQ sauce for my wings - baked sweet potato, micro'd broccoli and a cucumber/onion salad w/sour cream dressing.....

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 100313

And, Jimmy, I'm so, SO sorry I didn't save any chicken for you.  THIS was the chicken to share with you!  The wing tip ends were nothing but charcoaled BBQ air.....you know what I'm talkin' about!  YUM!
That's ok Beth. Now. If that was meatballs, it would be a different story!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 ButternutAppleGratin

Apple,Butternut squash Gratin.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 602144_519423344782919_1747860877_n

Grilled Half chicken.
GRATAN looks good. I would jump on that, but the chicken I would eat all the crispy, and that would be it. It looks good Barb.

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 2737772972 oh have no fear that chicken got real crispy..( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 512660330 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Both casseroles sound great!

Barb, I LOVE that there is no cheese in yours. It almost sounds like something I'd like as a different side for Thanksgiving. But I also think it could be easily made into a side for two with just a bit of adjustment. Thanks for the recipe (copied & saved).

Jimmy, I'm glad the eggplant casserole was a keeper. I don't think I'll be making it, however, as Dane absolutely refuses to touch anything with eggplant in it. I almost had him with some breaded, fried slices with the marinara & mozzarella but after one bite he pushed it away. Oh well, if that's the only vegetable he refuses I guess I really don't have anything to complain about.

I'm just happy for you & Tina it didn't turn into an "Eggplant Surprise" meal ! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Both casseroles sound great!

Barb, I LOVE that there is no cheese in yours.  It almost sounds like something I'd like as a different side for Thanksgiving.  But I also think it could be easily made into a side for two with just a bit of adjustment.  Thanks for the recipe (copied & saved).

Jimmy, I'm glad the eggplant casserole was a keeper.  I don't think I'll be making it, however, as Dane absolutely refuses to touch anything with eggplant in it.  I almost had him with some breaded, fried slices with the marinara & mozzarella but after one bite he pushed it away.  Oh well, if that's the only vegetable he refuses I guess I really don't have anything to complain about.  

I'm just happy for you & Tina it didn't turn into an "Eggplant Surprise" meal !  LOL
Amazingly (gee, where have I heard that before?) there is not one thing that shows a hint of eggplant in the darn thing.
I have eaten eggplant many ways, and If I were not told, I would never had known there was eggplant in the pie / casserole.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 Xih5

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 4r3e

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 Ivhx

The eggplant was small; so she used two to make for one medium.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It looks kind of like a strata - the overnight soaked bread/egg casserole.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:It looks kind of like a strata - the overnight soaked bread/egg casserole.  
Tina makes those Quiche Lorrain things with broccoli and other veggies.

It tastes and has the texture of something like those.

Next time, she is gonna use just mozzarella cheese, and maybe a 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.

I want her to make one with zucchini some time too!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here it is...a Friday start to the weekend.
Tina is tired today because she was up until 5:30 AM watching some kind of TV series movies.????

We cannot go anyplace because the car is getting a New Windshield today! It had taken a hit last week and there were two quarter size holes that grew into massive cracks. Grrrrrr!

We are both pondering what to have for supper, and I have "Beth Burgers" on my mind. It's 78º out but not humid. That is perfect for grilling. I have one small eggplant, so I may grill that sliced lengthwise.

Supposed to rain this eve. Who Knows? I'm sure the weatherman doesn't.

We can use some rain. It's not that dry, but I always like rain to keep it moist and keep the river flowing.

Well...I'm going freezer and shelf hunting to get some food cooking Idea's.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well... I did find some hot sausage to make sausage cacciatori, but that I will make for tomorrows meal.
Tina Mommy went to pick up the car at the shop where the glass was installed, and on the way back, she stopped at KFC and got one of those potato meals with chicken inside with gravy. For me, she stopped at the Quick Check Deli, and got me a sub sandwich.
We are both full and satisfied.

There is banana bread "T" made...so we will have that later. ORrrrrrrr Something else! Like waffles with whipped butter and syrup! Ummmm!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 Hamburger3

sometimes nothing will do buy a big honken burger. ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 512660330 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 Hamburger3

sometimes nothing will do buy a big honken burger. ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 2 512660330 
Wow!... that's one humperdinker of a burger!

L00k .... it's laughing it's so happy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum