Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what kind of Beef

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what kind of Beef Empty what kind of Beef Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

do you use for Beef kabobs?

I like rare/med. Steak cut would have to be fairly thick to make big cubes.Sirloin would be ok I guess but it is dry & not much flavor JMO..Very little fat.

Question 

2what kind of Beef Empty Re: what kind of Beef Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've used the trimmings from when I bought a tenderloin - but who wants to spend that kind of $$ ?

I've also picked up some nicely marbled chuck eye steak, normally a fairly tough piece but if you check for a fair amount of marble and chunk fairly large, use a marinate - it's pretty darn good. If you take it past medium rare it will get chewy.

I usually put a couple good sized petals of sweet onion between the chunks so they don't touch and cook over a fairly hot fire, opting to remove when they are rare and allow to rest a bit and then the meat isn't over cooked and tough.

3what kind of Beef Empty Re: what kind of Beef Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:14 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:do you use for Beef kabobs?

I like rare/med.  Steak cut would have to be fairly thick to make big cubes.Sirloin would be ok I guess but it is dry & not much flavor JMO..Very little fat. Question 
Use ribeye, Barbara. Just get the grocery to slice you one that's at least an inch thick -- 1-1/2 inches is even better. Cut the kabobs the same size so they cook at the same rate. We use two skewers for each kabob so they don't "spin" when you're cooking them -- you can actually brown the steak on all sides. Plus ribeye is my favorite cut for a steak. If you don't need all that meat, just cut up half of one thick ribeye and freeze the other one in one piece for next time.

4what kind of Beef Empty Re: what kind of Beef Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

09.30.2013/

Crybaby... That is exactly what Tina (The Meat Lady) said!. Ribeye slioce and cut your own cubes.
Or fillet mignon, but Rib eye is better for that.

We usually donot use beef on the skewers, it is usually pork / shrimps / and pineapple and pepper and onions.

Ummmm.... I could go for a ground ribeye burger right now.  17:29:22

5what kind of Beef Empty Re: what kind of Beef Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:00 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:Crybaby... That is exactly what Tina (The Meat Lady) said!. Ribeye slice and cut your own cubes.
Or fillet mignon, but Rib eye is better for that.
It's nice to know I'm in such good company, Jimmy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum