Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vegetable spaghetti

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vegetable spaghetti Empty Vegetable spaghetti Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I found my pic of my vegetable julienne peeler....

Vegetable spaghetti 523f0a84-4db2-4a52-9e98-0acfc391ff74

2Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:45 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Beth.. I'll look for it.. this Sunday I'll have my ME time for 4 hours at the mall.. plenty of times to browse around the stores

3Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I hope you find one or one like it....it's fun to play around with.

I haven't tried it with raw potatoes yet but I'm thinking it would be fun to shred some white and sweet potatoes, soak in ice water, dry and then deep fry for a crispy potato garnish....something to give me enough crunch to satisfy without eating a lot.

But, then again, they sound so good to me I'd probably just keep eating and want more and more! LOL

4Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I went to 11 stores in 4 hours ME time yesterday... my intention was to buy this peeler and a pair of summer sandal... first I went to Kohl's, then Ross, Marshall, Dillard, JC Penney.. only Dillard had it, but it's $15.99 for a set ( 3 kinds of peeler in 1 pack ), I don't need the other 2 and I did not want to spend that much on it.. so I came home with empty hands.. same thing with my sandal.. I could not find any I liked and wanted.. I ended up buying a dozen of body wash and lotion at Bath and Body  Work Shocked .. I'll go to the near by Walmart later today.. I think I'll be able to find it there.. cheaper brand, but it's okay.. I'm cheap Vegetable spaghetti 1838020472  lol!

5Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I agree....especially about the 3 pack. I don't like that when I'm looking for just one....and of course, they don't carry just the one I want....frustrating.

But I'm sure you will find one when you are just out looking somewhere and least expect to see it. No rush....patience is called for here. Lol

6Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Oxo is a very good brand, as it's always highly rated in both magazine reviews and reviews online where Oxo products are sold.  I really like that tool, Beth! I might have to order one online (I did a Google search and they're all over the place -- the Oxo that is).

7Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I rarely go ga-ga over kitchen gadgets anymore, but when Barb first posted about HERS I had never seen one before. I went out that same day looking for one.

And I love it. It's great for the vegetable spaghetti and I use it with carrots and cucumbers and jicama for salads. You can make long julienne strips and then cut them shorter and have uniform tiny chopped....it's a fun tool to play with.

8Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:56 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I rarely go ga-ga over kitchen gadgets anymore, but when Barb first posted about HERS I had never seen one before.  I went out that same day looking for one.  

And I love it.  It's great for the vegetable spaghetti and I use it with carrots and cucumbers and jicama for salads.  You can make long julienne strips and then cut them shorter and have uniform tiny chopped....it's a fun tool to play with.

I'd love it, too, B. And so would Brian so I can just see me passing that "chore" on to him. A girlfriend gave me an entire set of "garnishing" tools last Thanksgiving that she bought from the shopping channel by Wolfgang Puck (she's addicted to the shopping channel and buys tons of kitchen stuff even though she doesn't cook -- not even boiled water). They recommend not putting them in the dishwasher and so far we haven't (a miracle in itself) and they've stayed really sharp. Brian loves using them, especially the corer and the vegetable peeler (our old ones are so dull and the ones we've bought over the years never hold their sharpness -- probably 'cause we toss them in the dishwasher).

9Vegetable spaghetti Empty Re: Vegetable spaghetti Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

90% of the time, since I only use them for raw vegetables, I just rinse my peelers and julienne slicers under the faucet and let them air dry. Only occasionally do I put them in the dishwasher. My experience is my OXO or Zyiss (sp?) brand peelers stay sharper longer. They may be a little more expensive originally but actually less in the long run.

Of course, when I first got the julienne slicer I probably should have factored in the cost of Band-aids....EVIL gadget, but I love it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum