Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garden Pictures

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Sat May 12, 2018 10:19 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

muzicgirl wrote:Michelle, that's absolutely hilarious! Garden Pictures - Page 2 2876911673

We just couldn't believe Brian's father wouldn't worry about someone stooping down and taking a really good look at his bird of paradise plants -- or that they might try to sneak a couple of blossoms to put in their house! I would've worried myself sick that someone would find out those blooms were fake -- but not Brian's dad. He just loved doing it and had no fear of getting caught at all.

27Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Sat May 12, 2018 10:20 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:OMG!  What a hoot!

But now you've given ME a good idea......Hmmmmmmm..............LOL

Too bad you couldn't try pulling that joke on Dane. But since he's the gardener, it probably wouldn't be possible...

28Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Sat May 12, 2018 10:23 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I told Dane about the 'idea' you gave me and he got the same look on his face that I had........

Hmmmmmm, not bad, not bad at all!

LOL

29Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Sat May 12, 2018 10:36 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Last fall when Dane was at the local VA Clinic for his bi-annual doctor appt. there was a box of 'free' flower & vegetable seeds for anyone who wanted them.  I picked out what I thought we might be able to use.  Dane planted a pot of California Yellow Poppy ~ they don't look anything like the red poppies I grew in Ohio, even the foliage is really different.  

But the first bloom opened and it's exactly as shown on the seed package.  Such a vibrant 'school bus' yellow!  Can't wait to see if more will set buds.

Garden Pictures - Page 2 05_09_11

It sure is pretty. I LOVE yellow blossoms of all sorts -- they just brighten everything up and they make me smile! Love pink, blue and purple blooms too and I guess they're my favorite colors in the garden but there are something about yellow blooms that just scream "Look at me -- aren't I pretty?!" at me. Love 'em.

Yesterday in the grocery floral dept., on the way out of the store I spotted a bouquet that contained just two hydrangeas -- they were the prettiest pale, pale orange and I just had to have them. The floral ladies watched my cart full of paid for food while I grabbed them and headed to the checkout counter again. Luckily, the store wasn't too busy and an elderly lady just about to head into a line motioned me to jump in ahead of her since I just had the blossoms to check out. Nothing pleases me more than a simple kindness like that from a stranger. I immediately thanked her but before I left the line, I thanked her again and remarked how such a kindness often makes my day. Another reason I'm glad I stopped to get those hydrangeas -- plus they look pretty on my dining room table in a celadon green ceramic vase which was just the right size!

30Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Sat May 12, 2018 10:38 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I told Dane about the 'idea' you gave me and he got the same look on his face that I had........

Hmmmmmm, not bad, not bad at all!

LOL

I LOVE it, Beth! Brian's dad is probably tipping his hat to both of you scoundrels!

31Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Sat May 12, 2018 1:51 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

bethk wrote:

But the first bloom opened and it's exactly as shown on the seed package.  Such a vibrant 'school bus' yellow!  Can't wait to see if more will set buds.

lovely!

32Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Tue May 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Last fall when Dane was at the local VA Clinic for his bi-annual doctor appt. there was a box of 'free' flower & vegetable seeds for anyone who wanted them.  I picked out what I thought we might be able to use.  Dane planted a pot of California Yellow Poppy ~ they don't look anything like the red poppies I grew in Ohio, even the foliage is really different.  

I love poppy.. We ( AZ) did not luck for Poppy this year, usually they bloomed everywhere to form a big yellow field of poppy, but not this years, we did not enough rain last year, this year no other wildflowers too because of the drought

Beautiful garden you have here, Beth

33Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Tue May 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Actually we had a couple in our front yard, voluntary grew from last year

Garden Pictures - Page 2 29597710

Here are from spring last year, on our hikes, they grow everywhere

Garden Pictures - Page 2 17158910
Garden Pictures - Page 2 17201010

34Garden Pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: Garden Pictures Tue May 15, 2018 5:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

To have fields of those poppies as wild flowers is so beautiful!

We were just excited to get something different from our usual red or orange poppies that we grew in Ohio.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum