Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March 2018,... What's for dinner ???

+4
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:48 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We have chili left over from the other day. May as well finish that.
Actually, I would like it over spaghetti. Sounds like a plan.

2March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

When you have your chili over spaghetti do you pile it with cheese like a Cincinnati chili?

I'm thinking of making a big pot of Spanish Rice. Gotta go to the store for a can of San Marzano whole tomatoes and a bunch of hot peppers if I do make it. But that sounds really good to me.

3March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think it will be tacos tonight. I have some leftover spaghetti but I don't think there is enough for dinner.
Joe's brother called yesterday and it seems his side of the family is falling apart. The brother is an avid bicyclist and last week he was on a ride when his bike went over a slick part of the road. He fell and fractured his femur in three places. A rod had to be put in his leg. No cast, just a rod. SIL's hubby fell on ice in their Tahoe home and injured his back. It turned into pneumonia and he had to be on oxygen 24/7. They were at 7000 feet and he couldn't breathe. They put their house on the market and sold it in a week and moved to sea level so he can heal. SIL had breast cancer 15 years ago and it reared its' ugly head in her spine. She is receiving experimental treatment and will have to wear a Fentanyl patch for the rest of her life. JEEEEZ! My prayers are with them.

4March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am

Niagara Visitor

Bugster2 wrote:I think it will be tacos tonight. I have some leftover spaghetti but I don't think there is enough for dinner.
Joe's brother called yesterday and it seems his side of the family is falling apart. The brother is an avid bicyclist and last week he was on a ride when his bike went over a slick part of the road. He fell and fractured his femur in three places. A rod had to be put in his leg. No cast, just a rod. SIL's hubby fell on ice in their Tahoe home and injured his back. It turned into pneumonia and he had to be on oxygen 24/7. They were at 7000 feet and he couldn't breathe. They put their house on the market and sold it in a week and moved to sea level so he can heal. SIL had breast cancer 15 years ago and it reared its' ugly head in her spine. She is receiving experimental treatment and will have to wear a Fentanyl patch for the rest of her life. JEEEEZ! My prayers are with them.

I know the feeling....................... My sister's breast cancer is back also, in the spine.

5March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Niagara Visitor wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I think it will be tacos tonight. I have some leftover spaghetti but I don't think there is enough for dinner.

I know the feeling....................... My sister's breast cancer is back also, in the spine.

I am so sorry. It's funny because if they can keep it from spreading any farther, she could possibly live a full and long life. I haven't talked to her because she never told anyone in the first place that she had BC until now but I think I will call and see if she needs help doing things. It means a trip to Sedona but I can think of worse places to be. Sedona has stunning scenery. It also makes me think if I should offer her a place to live. We will be moving and we can get a huge place to live. She has a nice home but she may need help. I can't help much but if she lives with us she can be sure that someone will always be there and if she has help come in, they won't steal her blind. I am always taking in stray dogs but I can't help it. It is just in my nature.

6March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:When you have your chili over spaghetti do you pile it with cheese like a Cincinnati chili?

I'm thinking of making a big pot of Spanish Rice.  Gotta go to the store for a can of San Marzano whole tomatoes and a bunch of hot peppers if I do make it.   But that sounds really good to me.

No.... No cheese!. hahahahaha

7March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I can't eat chili anymore but when I did I smothered it with raw onions and cheese. Had it with a hunk of cornbread.

8March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I can't eat chili anymore but when I did I smothered it with raw onions and cheese. Had it with a hunk of cornbread.

I like it with rice. A flat bowl of the chili, and then minced onions spooned in the center.
BTW .... We rinse the canned beans. We don't like the starchy syrup they can them in.
My aunt used to say,"Leave that bean syrup in; it is very healthy for you!"
She should know! Her family given nick name was "BA" ..... B for Big, and A for ..... Sounds like Axe!

9March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got a sudden craving for my childhood Spanish Rice....nothing like TRUE (traditional) Spanish Rice but a meal of ground beef cooked with tomatoes, peppers, tomato juice (or, in my case, Spicy V-Cool and rice.  It just reminds me of 'home'.

Apparently if you insert the number eight in your text it turns into a smiley face.....tried to fix it twice and it's still there.....LOL

March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? 03_01_10

10March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, are you going to get hit by the storm?

11March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Niagara Visitor

Our storm is here!

12March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:01 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

It looks like it is going to be a mess. Out here we are going to get some rain and they have mandatory evacuations for the same areas around Santa Barbara that killed two dozen people a month ago.

13March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:36 am

Niagara Visitor

From my 12th floor window I can see the cars doing a slippety dance at the end of the street.  At the stop sign the street is at a bit of an incline, so if someone's tires are maybe not the best, it's difficult to get going.

14March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:22 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, are you going to get hit by the storm?

Yep! ....More of the snow, being at the border with PA state.
I feel sorry for the coast. They will get hammered by the wind.

15March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I got a sudden craving for my childhood Spanish Rice....nothing like TRUE (traditional) Spanish Rice but a meal of ground beef cooked with tomatoes, peppers, tomato juice (or, in my case, Spicy V-Cool and rice.  It just reminds me of 'home'.  

Apparently if you insert the number eight in your text it turns into a smiley face.....tried to fix it twice and it's still there.....LOL

March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? 03_01_10

Looks great, and sounds great! ... "V-8"....Spicy??...Never heard of it!

16March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:15 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

We are currently in a voluntary evacuation mode.

I am in a peninsula, with the ocean on one side, and the river on the other. The building is in the center of the landmass. There is one road, next to the river, which will probably be flooded. It was during the January storm. The other way out, is a bridge over the ocean/river inlet.

The Riverside will be flooded. I can see that from the front of the building.

Winds are ferocious; rain not bad. The first high tide is after 11am. They are saying we may have flooding for up to 36 hours..

The building will not get flooded, neither will the cars. Hopefully, no water will seep through cracks in between the bricks.

It is not bad enough, at this point, not to leave for errands and such; however, once gone, who know if I would be able to make it back home.

Have my emergency power loss box ready.. and all electronics charged. and a real land line-- the corded phone with the coiled handset--- good old Verizon, (Bell Telephone)....

plan on staying in... something hot, but quick and easy tonight for supper.. just in case.. do not want to be stuck with cooking something and the power going down.

17March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:22 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Img_1110

just wanted to send an updated picture of Artie..

18March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

How is Artie doing?

19March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:We are currently in a voluntary evacuation mode.

I am in a peninsula, with the ocean on one side, and the river on the other. The building is in the center of the landmass. There is one road, next to the river, which will probably be flooded. It was during the January storm. The other way out, is a bridge over the ocean/river inlet.

The Riverside will be flooded. I can see that from the front of the building.

Winds are ferocious; rain not bad. The first high tide is after 11am. They are saying we may have flooding for up to 36 hours..

The building will not get flooded, neither will the cars. Hopefully, no water will seep through cracks in between the bricks.

It is not bad enough, at this point, not to leave for errands and such; however, once gone, who know if I would be able to make it back home.

Have my emergency power loss box ready.. and all electronics charged. and a real land line-- the corded phone with the coiled handset--- good old Verizon, (Bell Telephone)....

plan on staying in... something hot, but quick and easy tonight for supper.. just in case.. do not want to be stuck with cooking something and the power going down.
That is so nice; living on a peninsula. Looks like you are well prepared Cindy.
We got the snow instead, and gusty winds.
Better post this because I see problems with Comcast. Already cut out twice.

Give a hug to Artie from us. He looks so content. hahahahaha

20March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I think it's gonna be soup. Tina has the flue stomach pains, and now sore throat. I just got rid of something like the flue. I can take care of her now.
I have some lung gurgling, but that must be the cold breaking up.

21March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:16 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks..
I know I do not post on here, but I really do not cook all that much. It is just me.. so things are simple..

Comcast is having issues! sending things are very slow.. all over the country. I checked that out.

Artie:
Well, he is Artie.. still hanging on.. always something new with him.
His weight is fairly stable, at 10.3 lbs.

His food is always changing..driving me crazy! I mean it.. but he was raised on junk food.. meaning the inexpensive foods. Now that he has a chicken allergy, it is impossible to find a food that he will eat with any consistency. I am, with the Internal Vet's approval, now giving him, what I call, Junk food.. Nutro, Sheba, Purina ProPlan, Muse, etc.. He refuses all the food that is good for him.

He has reactions to these foods, because they all contain chicken. There is not one of these foods that do not contain chicken; even when they state beef, turkey, rabbit, on the label. Subsequently, his allergy kicks in..

It does cause his stools to become softer, -- better for the Megacolon issues, but too much chicken is not good for him. He has lost a patch of fur on the top of his head..

Fancy Feast Classics seems to be a good in-between food for him. They are pretty true to what they advertise, and do not contain an inordinate amount of chicken in them ~~ plus Artie likes most of the flavors.

Unfortunately, he is eating a lot of fish ~~ salmon.. It is so hard to please his palate. He will completely refuse to eat any higher end, or premium, or novel proteins..
So, I deal..

Artie cuddles with me every night..is always by my side. He is my buddy.

I swear, he is on his 13th life..

22March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Glad to hear Artie is holding his. With 4 cats, I know how difficult it can be to deal with food issues.

Jimmy, I hope Tina doesn't have something you can catch - again.

Scrambled eggs tonight for us. We are driving to L.A. for a concert at the old Orpheum theater. I think it is from the 20's and is all gilt and marble. I have been sneezing and my nose is running like a faucet and I don't feel particularly well but I have to force myself to go.

23March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Glad to hear Artie is holding his. With 4 cats, I know how difficult it can be to deal with food issues.

Jimmy, I hope Tina doesn't have something you can catch - again.

Scrambled eggs tonight for us. We are driving to L.A. for a concert at the old Orpheum theater. I think it is from the 20's and is all gilt and marble. I have been sneezing and my nose is running like a faucet and I don't feel particularly well but I have to force myself to go.

Tina says, if it's out there, She will catch it....
She still has belly cramps, but I made her matzo balls soup. An hour later, I made her two silver dollar flap jacks with syrup.

Have a great time at the concert...

24March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The Orpheum theater is a piece of history. Tons of famous people have played there. The concert was good. Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin fame. He has some really good musicians in his band. I have the start of a new cold so I wasn't in great condition but I had fun. It was fun to people watch. There were some real characters there. Boy am I getting old. The only tickets we were able to get were in the balcony so when we got up there and then had to walk down a very steep set of stairs, both Katie and I looked at each other and said "I can't walk down these stairs". There were no rails to hang onto and when I looked down the stairs I got very dizzy and knew if I tried to walk down I would do a header. Joe stepped up to the job and grabbed our arms and slowly walked us down the stairs. If he had not been there, Katie and I would have had to scoot down on our backsides.

25March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Empty Re: March 2018,... What's for dinner ??? Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight.... Chili over spaghetti. Tina is still cramped up in her guts.
I gave her phazyme and I told her to take pepto bismol But she won't listen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum