Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White Lily Flour

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1White Lily Flour Empty White Lily Flour Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 pm

NormM

NormM

Hen House Market (local grocery store) had White Lily self rising flour. It is the first time I have ever seen it around here. If I like it, I hope it isn't a seasonal thing.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2White Lily Flour Empty Re: White Lily Flour Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's what I use for my cream biscuits. 2 1/4 c. White Lily sr flour, 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream.

That's the recipe.

Now, sometimes I add a couple tablespoons of melted butter or some sugar ~ but those are just my own 'add-ins'.

But those are great if you're going on vacation where there's a kitchen and you don't want to go to the trouble to cut in the butter/shortning, etc. There's plenty of fat in the whipping cream to make them super tender.

3White Lily Flour Empty Re: White Lily Flour Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:11 pm

NormM

NormM

i have cream on my shopping list.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4White Lily Flour Empty Re: White Lily Flour Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I already had that recipe in my files for your biscuits, Beth, and they have it at our local grocery too. Brian is getting a haircut tomorrow and I'm going along for a wash and blow dry; I had to go 15 minutes earlier than him so since the grocery is adjacent to the salon we go to, he said he'd kill the 15 minutes by going to see if they sell the flavor of Crystal Lite we drink, Raspberry Tea (NOT Raspberry Green Tea), which our regular grocery isn't carrying and the Base recently stopped carrying (a shame, as we only had to pay $2 to get a package that made 4 gallons, about half the price of the grocery).

So I will add White Lily self-rising flour to his list for us, too. I've actually stood in front of that when I was in the grocery before, Beth, and talked myself out of getting it since I bake so seldom. But I'm in, as flour isn't that expensive. Plus I have an empty half gallon glass canning jar I can store it in just calling its name!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum