Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals

+5
cookingirl
bethk
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 23]

551FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:Maybe all he needs is a little chemical help to control his anger?

He is as sweet as an angel in the nursing home. Always joking with the help, and especially the women. He's a flirt. His Brother ( Tina's uncle that lives an hour away, ( 93 y/o )....went to see him and talk to him.
He scolded him for abusing Tina #1, for saying she is lying about her being sick.

Plus the place is spotless, and beautiful, and the food is great. He told him, "you have no cause to complain!"

Here is the site....

https://www.hotgs.org/

I just can't picture him CONTINUING to be nice.  If being sweet comes so easy to him, he's even worse than I thought being so unkind to Tina AND to you, Jimmy.  Does he know what it's costing him in the home?  Of course, lots of cheap people aren't so cheap with themselves, just with others.  

I just can't think kindly of him nor be glad for him -- he was so ugly to you guys.  And I remember Tina driving to his house on a regular basis bringing him meals for his freezer and other goodies BEFORE y'all let him move in with you.  But then what can you say about a man who not only denies his elderly wife proper medical care but was too cheap to go to his own mother's funeral -- and too much of a dirtbag to admit the truth but rather blames his wife for his not being able to go.  What a self-centered old buzzard he is.  I'm so glad you two are free of his everyday presence; besides being such a demand on you physically, I would find his nasty behavior really depressing on a daily basis...

He blamed everybody for anything that went wrong, or he didn't like.
Yet, his mind, is as sharp as a tack. He can go back in history, and can have a conversation about anything or anyone.

But try and explain to him, that while eating, If you get rumbling in your tummy, and toot...it's time to walk to the bathroom. Nope! He would tell us flat out, he don't have to go. And then............ take it from there.

552FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK... on a brighter ( and cleaner note ) The kids brought me NE clam chowder; Manhattan clam chowder, and lobster bisque.
DD brought raisin bran muffins too!

Poor Tina is sick from the hospital food they gave her for supper. She got heartburn, and they had to give her //Mylanta liquid. She just wants to lay quietly in bed.

She is supposed to come home tomorrow after she eats a breakfast and lunch.
She has a gas pocket in her abdomen and DIL said she has to walk in the hallway a little, to break up the gas pocket, but she refuses to walk. She said she walked to the bathroom, and that should be enough! N O T !!!.....

553FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:24 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Sounds like a great dinner . Tina does need to walk it does help . My guess by Monday she will be baking a cake !!!

554FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Sounds like a great dinner . Tina does need to walk it does help . My guess by Monday she will be baking a cake !!!

You surely are right Barb. She even mentioned, when she gets home and rests, she is gonna bake a nice cake.

555FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:17 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

She needs to walk, not only to get the gas moving but to make sure she doesn't get any clots in her legs.

556FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:She needs to walk, not only to get the gas moving but to make sure she doesn't get any clots in her legs.

Oh God!! You are so right.

Well... the update, is she was released by the resident Dr. and she said all the papers are ready and signed. Waiting for the sugeon to sign her out!

I told her to expect delay, and she may, MAY get out after 2PM.
Son Jimmy is on way to hospital to pick her up.

They said...They called in the script to CVS here for her Hypodermic needles so she can inject the blood thinners every day, for 30 day's....to prevent clots?? I never heard of that. Why not a pill like plavix?? Maybe so it doesn't go through the intestines??? Have to research that..

She is so wanting to come home, she packed all her clothes, and folded all her blankets. She sounds so weak. DIL who is here, said she should not be bending and straining like that. She just wants out I guess!

557FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

No bending or straining but keep her moving.

558FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:38 pm

NormM

NormM

Wishing all the best for her, Jimmy.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

559FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Wishing all the best for her, Jimmy.

Yes, and thanks thanks Norm. She deserves it. Look at what she puts up with! (ME).

Soon 50 years, no less...

560FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:No bending or straining but keep her moving.

Yeah! .... I'm sure, when she gets home....she will lay down and sleep.
Can't blame her, because she got NO sleep in the hospital.

Glad we bought the recliner ( for the uncle ) that raises the body up high, to get in and out of it without straining.

I just want her to be like a queen, and let others take care of HER I love you for a change.

561FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Glad we bought the recliner ( for the uncle ) that raises the body up high, to get in and out of it without straining.

I just want her to be like a queen, and let others take care of HER I love you  for a change.

You two are lucky to have one another. And it's so sweet that your kids have been helping out, too, Jimmy. I'm praying for both of you. And, yes, there's nothing like coming home. Hospitals are no place to go to rest, that's for sure. Even if they were, everyone sleeps better at home (like Dorothy said, There's no place like home. Don't worry, 'cause I won't call you Auntie Em!

562FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

I just want her to be like a queen, and let others take care of HER I love you  for a change.

You two are lucky to have one another.  And it's so sweet that your kids have been helping out, too, Jimmy.  I'm praying for both of you.  And, yes, there's nothing like coming home.  Hospitals are no place to go to rest, that's for sure.  Even if they were, everyone sleeps better at home (like Dorothy said, There's no place like home.  Don't worry, 'cause I won't call you Auntie Em!

Thanks for the prayers.....

There is no place like home...you are right.
Now...if you want to pick a character from the Wizard of Oz, I would match up to... The Scarecrow! ... Fits me to a tee! ... I need a brain; now that age is reducing my mental capabilities. LOL. FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 2855670339

563FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Franks and beans for Me and for Tina, I made a 1/2 minute steak sandwich on light buttered white toast. A couple Tbs. of Asparagus Tips. and for dessert, the Baked Apple....thanks to Barbs Recipe. It came out awesome, and Tina ate 3/4 of it. She said it was not over sweet, and spiced just right.

564FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Good for you . She will be baking that cake soon lol

565FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:02 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

FEBRUARY CLOSED

566FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:34 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lmao hahaha.

567FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 23 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

drives me nuts when you 'live in the past.......'

Hahahahahahahaha!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum