Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals

+5
cookingirl
bethk
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 23]

51FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:46 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is much better today. That's because Dr. Jimmy nursed her to feeling better by feeding her bland.

Tonight will be soup. Crackers, and jello for dessert.  

Tina's very lucky to have you, Jimmy, as I am to have Brian. You two are the best caretakers EVER!

I'm so glad she's feeling better and I hope your sciatica is giving you some relief, too.

52FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Chili might be risky fare for Tina.

53FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is much better today. That's because Dr. Jimmy nursed her to feeling better by feeding her bland.

Tina's very lucky to have you, Jimmy, as I am to have Brian.  You two are the best caretakers EVER!  

I'm so glad she's feeling better and I hope your sciatica is giving you some relief, too.

Thanks Michelle. I know Brian did a lot of modifications for you so you could sit on the porch / balcony to enjoy the weather. I remember those posts.

The sciatic is a moving pain. I get relief one day in the buttock and hip, but then it is in the leg down to the foot. It just takes time and complete rest to make it heal.

Thankfully, the kids have been helpful; as much as their schedule can allow.
Our first objective, is to get mommy Tina taken care of first.

You take care yourself. Hope you are mending, and God bless you and Brian!

54FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:I read the discussion on the January dinner thread about Stromboli, Beth reminded me of it, so yesterday I made it for Dirk, he went on a long hike with the local hiking club, after coming home, he did enjoy 2 slices of my Stromboli, I ate a bowl of Indonesian style meatballs.. happy tummies for both of us

Imelda, I don't think you have EVER posted something that didn't look good or that didn't make my mouth water! I could eat at your house every single day, I swear...

55FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Dane tried to get me to buy some last week.  Said, "Look! $1.50/lb"  

No, that's 1.5 pounds at $3.69/lb.   NO WAY.  

Then he said, "guess I can't slip anything past you....."

Wings were on sale here last week for $1.15 per pound! Reminded me of "the old days"...

Sadly, our freezer is stock full of other bargains (like 10 lbs. of chicken quarters for, get this, 19 cents a pound! $1.90 for 10 lbs. of chicken is unreal!) so we had no room for any and the fridge was also full of leftover goodies, too. I'm not crazy about drumsticks but Brian cut the thighs and drums apart and we froze them separately in small quantities. I figure I can always make chicken stock from the drumsticks, at the very least, and outside of paneed chicken breasts, chicken thighs are my favorite part of a chicken.

56FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:16 pm

NormM

NormM

A few months ago I noticed a place called Kirzman's on a Best of Kansas City list as having the best sausage. I also noticed that it was just down the street from where I grew up on Strawberry Hill. They had great reviews, especially for their brats and Polish sausage. I went there today and got some Brats, kraut and Povitica bread. I asked what else was popular and the guy said that if I like to BBQ, they have BBQ rolls. Arthur Bryant's BBQ restaurants get it from them to put in their smokers. I got some of that too. It was all very good indeed.

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 DSCN3269_zpsdijjay27

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 DSCN3273_zpsrl9ib9az

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

57FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Niagara Visitor

I put two huge beef ribs in the oven today before I went out for about three hours. What a treat to come home to the fragrance of beef. I could smell it before the doo was open! Yumm. I have some mini potatoes boiling on the stove.

58FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 1924555_10200142029351410_5843468119580604142_n

Great extra virgin OO with some spices and leftover grilled salmon.

59FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Chili might be risky fare for Tina.

I thought the same too bugs, but she didn't spice it hot. I have my hot sauces that I can add heat as I like it.
She did some sampling, and held it down with no problems.

60FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Crybaby wrote:

Tina's very lucky to have you, Jimmy, as I am to have Brian.  You two are the best caretakers EVER!  

I was just asking about you and wondering how you were doing. Hangin' in there?

61FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 1924555_10200142029351410_5843468119580604142_n

Great extra virgin OO with some spices and leftover grilled salmon.

Now, that's a great use of the salmon leftovers.

62FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:A few months ago I noticed a place called Kirzman's on a Best of Kansas City list as having the best sausage. I also noticed that it was just down the street from where I grew up on Strawberry Hill.  They had great reviews, especially for their brats and Polish sausage.  I went there today and got some Brats, kraut and Povitica bread.  I asked what else was popular and the guy said that if I like to BBQ, they have BBQ rolls.   Arthur Bryant's BBQ restaurants get it from them to put in their smokers. I got some of that too. It was all very good indeed.

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 DSCN3269_zpsdijjay27

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 DSCN3273_zpsrl9ib9az

Norm, you cant go wrong with that meal. The sausage looks so good. Nice and lean I could see!

63FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks Jimmy !!!

64FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Forgot to say EVOO and pastas came from a real great Italian deli by my son . He sent me a great full basket of Italian goodies !!!!

65FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Hi Michele, how have you been doing...so good to see you on here.
been thinking about you..((hugs))

66FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

WOW.....WOWEE!!!

The food looks fantastic. I made scalloped potatoes and ham with some steamed green beans. I didn't have time to think of grabbing the phone to take a pic.....

The 'get-'em-here-and-there' schedules can be a killer. But when one decides she doesn't feel good enough to go to sports practices....well, that presents an entirely different set of problems of calling/emailing coaches and team mates to let them know. So, even though Mom & Dad are 2000 miles away, they got a text & a phone call and they did most of the schedule rearranging. Mom even got hold of the sports doc and got an appointment made for a return visit (she's been seen before). I guess that's all that can be done right now, other than getting her little dishes of red Jello with a huge fluff of Reddi Wip on top! Nothing scheduled for the next two days since sports is out. ((wish I wasn't such a 'Gloomy Gus' but I'm secretly happy we don't have to run around to practices and games))

Tori and I are suppose to make our special cinnamon sugar scones this morning....but I'm not waking ANYONE up. Hopefully they will both sleep in and get caught up on their rest. We also picked up some seedless raspberry jam and blueberries to make a fruit scone we saw on a restaurant review program.

Lunch or supper is going to be at Smash Burgers !!! We've been talking about going there since I got here.

67FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Forgot to say EVOO and pastas came from a real great Italian deli by my son . He sent me a great full basket of Italian goodies  !!!!

Barb, just curious....I know you can tell the difference in OO, taste some and it's like used motor oil but a GOOD one, Heaven! But is there a noticeable difference in pasta? Can you taste the difference in the flour? Or is it the texture you notice?

Someday I want to go to one of those real Italian delis in a big city and taste, Taste, TASTE !

68FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Loved that little store. I smelled the good stuff before I got inside.I used to shop in one downtown Baltimore.Have not been in one since this one..No such place here.No ethic grocerys .Well one asain one I would not go to by myself.Really really bad part  of town.

Mexican one right by the vet.But I always have the cat or dogs so I have not been in.I can buy any mexican food item in the grocery .it has one full aisle of anything I want.

I buy (to me) good EVOO and cooking OO. I buy it sometimes at Marshalls.It does have different taste.Some are dark yellow and nice and thick.Others are watered down.Not much olive taste..

Love spanish and greek OO.

Pasta is dried but still has flavor.Package says it comes from Italy..
I have made pasta ..poof..to messy..

I do not envy you child sitting.. Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad

69FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:10 am

Niagara Visitor

Speaking, or posting, of EVOO ........... I found this gem of a source shortly before Christmas. I will never buy either one in a regular grocery store. What wonderful flavours. My children loved the presents. Me too.

https://www.facebook.com/dellaterra.ca/

70FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

There are a lot of those shops popping up all over. We have a couple in The Villages. It's good that you can taste the stuff before you buy, that, plus reusing the bottles if you'd like, and just getting a refill.

We have one store, Vom Fass, that sells the olive oil & basalmic vinegars as well as liqueurs. Good stuff and you can taste anything before you purchase.

71FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:43 pm

NormM

NormM

There is one here. It's a couple doors down from Penzey's and Penzey's is around the corner from a very large farmer's market that's open on Sat. and Wed. in the spring and summer. A fun place to go. They have a pineapple flavored balsamic vinegar that I like too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

72FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Niagara Visitor

Beth, I'll bet the one called Vom Fass is owned by someone whose heritage is German. It means "from the barrel".

73FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

They have a pineapple flavored balsamic vinegar that I like too.

Got Fig.  chocolate and blackberry and raspberry at Marshall's.

74FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Out here you can sample olive oils at Williams-Sonoma but I will warn you - you can make yourself sick. My sister and I tried some samples and were totally sick on grease by the time we were finished.LOL! There is a boutique out here that sells oils and vinegars called 41 Olive that lets you sample. I haven't tried it yet.

75FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 3 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Niagara Visitor

Impromptu fish fry going on at my son's house tomorrow. Uncle, where the boys go fishing in summer, is coming from out of town, so Fish fry tomorrow. Danny does the fish on his balcony, I'm making the necessary potato salad and devilled eggs! And a pot of seafood chowder. Balcony is second place to the firepit on the farm, but better than nothing.

And, speaking of the farm............... not good news. Young couple who took over in October 2014, split in Jan. 2015, and now the house is empty. It is so sad for me when I go to visit the old neighbours. It's puzzling to all of us, they are not wealthy people, early 30's spent a half million and now there is no one there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum