Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dinners in January, 2016

+4
Imelda HL
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 19]

451Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:40 am

NormM

NormM

Thank you Beth. Charlie had a good idea. He thinks I should make focaccia bread that is stuffed inside with pepperoni and cheese.

Bugs, I don't know what went wrong but if you used a flour with lower gluten, than Barbara used, the same amount of water would have been too much.

Barbara, I read on another site that Chris Kimbal and CC have parted company.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

452Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:52 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes been awhile now.He is still on with the shows he filmed but there will be nothing from then on. He left right in the spot..

453Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:40 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

wow --wonder what happened? ego?

454Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Thank you Beth.  Charlie had a good idea.  He thinks I should make focaccia bread that is stuffed inside with pepperoni and cheese.

Bugs, I don't know what went wrong but if you used a flour with lower gluten, than Barbara used, the same amount of water would have been too much.

Norm... I like Charlies idea..
Tina used to get us breads like that at Espositos bakery near her work.
We would polish off the whole loaf as a meal sometimes.

It was with the focaccia style loaf ( long about 12 inches ) and with the slicing pepperoni and mozzarella.
He also made a loaf with breaded and fried thin sliced egg plant, and mozzarella.
That was awesome.

455Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I used Gold Medal bread flour instead of KA. Maybe that was the problem. My Zo usually makes good bread but as the years have gone by the one thing I have learned is that all bread machines are not created equal. What recipe may produce great bread in one machine may make bad bread in another. OH! I just thought of something. I better go check my scale. It could be I had it on the wrong setting and the weight wasn't correct.

456Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I used Gold Medal bread flour instead of KA. Maybe that was the problem. My Zo usually makes good bread but as the years have gone by the one thing I have learned is that all bread machines are not created equal. What recipe may produce great bread in one machine may make bad bread in another. OH! I just thought of something. I better go check my scale. It could be I had it on the wrong setting and the weight wasn't correct.

I buy or was given the last 2 5# bags of KAF.It does have more gluten in it.. I also buy the bread flour from them too.

I measure by cup and spoons. Even though I bought a scale I never use the thing..

457Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:wow --wonder what happened?  ego?

I don't normally criticize anyone, but that guy in my estimation, is a Snot!

There have been pans and kitchen items he rated and picked, we had, that fell apart, or were terrible appliances. Evil or Very Mad

Even when he samples a pie or cake, he has his own opinion, but his tastes don't necessarily mean that others should agree with only one taste.
Taste needs to be done by a panel of a minimum of 4 people.

458Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I find that most of the recipes have to many steps and to many added ingredients.

459Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just a reminder....

I started the new month ... February 2016 what's cooking threads .....

460Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 2453703928

461Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina googled it ..... " contract dispute" but he will still be affiliated somehow he said????

462Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 pm

NormM

NormM

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
NormM wrote:Thank you Beth.  Charlie had a good idea.  He thinks I should make focaccia bread that is stuffed inside with pepperoni and cheese.

Norm... I like Charlies idea..
Tina used to get us breads like that at Espositos bakery near her work.
We would polish off the whole loaf as a meal sometimes.

It was with the focaccia style loaf ( long about 12 inches ) and with the slicing pepperoni and mozzarella.
He also made a loaf with breaded and fried thin sliced egg plant, and mozzarella.
That was awesome.

When Charlie was small, sometimes I'd get a loaf of frozen bread from the store, thaw it, roll it out, put pizza stuff down the middle, roll it back up and bake it. Eggplant and mozzarella sounds interesting.

463Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:45 pm

NormM

NormM

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

I don't normally criticize anyone, but that guy in my estimation, is a Snot!

There have been pans and kitchen items he rated and picked, we had, that fell apart, or were terrible appliances. Evil or Very Mad

Even when he samples a pie or cake, he has his own opinion, but his tastes don't necessarily mean that others should agree with only one taste.
Taste needs to be done by a panel of a minimum of 4 people.

I have noticed when they rate somethings that they aren't always fair.  For example they tested blenders and the Waring one they tested was a lower  level one than the one they said was the best.  Waring makes a comparable  model but it wasn't tested.   I also think he has New England taste bud and isn't particularly  taken to spicy or exotic  flavors from other parts of the country.  They always make a mess of BBQ stuff too. When they rated BBQ sauces they didn't rate any from BBQ famous areas and they tested them by dipping chicken nuggets in them. They decided the most important flavor should be tomato.

464Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

[quote="NormM"][quote="UNCLE JIMMY"]

You could always do a pinwheel roll like Imelda does. She has a photo layout in her old blog (the English language one).

She rolled the bread out into a rectangle and then layered salami and provolone (I think), then rolled it up and cut into rounds and baked in a muffin tin.

She also made that cut up cheese bread - mixed pieces of dough with grated cheese and cut / turned with a bench scraper or knife, then piled it all together and baked it off in a casserole dish.

She always makes everything look so appetizing.

((wish I had her talent for making bread))

465Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

They also rated the best rice maker some odd brand you can buy at wal mart . Made in China lol So wrong .

466Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:57 pm

NormM

NormM

bethk wrote:
NormM wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

You could always do a pinwheel roll like Imelda does.  She has a photo layout in her old blog (the English language one).

She rolled the bread out into a rectangle and then layered salami and provolone (I think), then rolled it up and cut into rounds and baked in a muffin tin.  

She also made that cut up cheese bread - mixed pieces of dough with grated cheese and cut / turned with a bench scraper or knife, then piled it all together and baked it off in a casserole dish.  

She always makes everything look so appetizing.

((wish I had her talent for making bread))

That sounds good.

467Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well I guess I will have to go to Norms for a class on sourdough bread making lol

468Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:58 pm

NormM

NormM

Barbara101 wrote:They also rated the best rice maker some odd brand you can buy at wal mart . Made in China lol So wrong .

Seems like they always like 'cheap' better than 'quality'

469Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I made some pizza rolls like that ages ago . Wonder if I can find the photo

470Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think what you made Norm is called Stromboli. I used to make it a lot with frozen bread dough. I totally forgot about it. I am going to have to make it again except this time I will use my own dough.

471Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 pm

NormM

NormM

You're right Bugster. That's what i called it too. I remember that Stromboli was also a bad guy in Pinocchio.

472Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Pepperoniroll450

found the photo..Pepperoni rolls.

473Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:They also rated the best rice maker some odd brand you can buy at wal mart . Made in China lol So wrong .

I could remember when I was a kid, there was not that much labeling as "Made in China" .... It was more like "Made in Hong Kong" ... or what was not allowed in our house... "Made in Japan!" items.....

474Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy that looks good . I like wide noodles with mine . Y'all know Christmas is over !! Lol

475Dinners in January, 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dinners in January, 2016 Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy that looks good . I like wide noodles with mine . Y'all know Christmas is over !! Lol

I know that, and I HATE those heavy thick plates, and they cool the food off so quickly. Tina has to change them out with our Correlle ones.
Tina says they are snow men, and winter is still here! LOL....

Then we have the bigger ones like that. Thank God she didn't give me that size.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum