Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is summer now

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It is summer now Empty It is summer now Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

so do any of you go on vacations?

I have been retired along while now so I guess my life is one Razz Razz

People come here in droves to vacation. I don't get that lol. I would leave here in a heartbeat to go somewhere anywhere for a vacation.

IF I want the beach I would go south to SC>GA beach.Or go north the NC.

FLA has the best ever beach's but I don't like crowds.

then I am not fond of driving to any of these places . Lazy. Plus I am not leaving my 'girls' at home & Molly gets car sick.Maggie loves to ride,in fact she try's to drive lol!

seems to me a nice cool mtn cabin would be nice.then I would get bored with myself in a day or 2. Sleep scratch

2It is summer now Empty Re: It is summer now Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:39 am

NormM

NormM

I used to go to California and Seattle when my son lived in Seattle and I had friends in California. Friends moved from the beach to Palm Springs and it is really hot there and son lives here now so I don't travel much if at all now. I have a good friend in New Jersey and know people in New York but have had no inclination to visit either place. I'd like to visit Boston and see the ship the Constitution some day. I have been to every state west of the Mississipi as well as Penn., NY, Ohio, Ill, and Miss. I'd planned to visit all 48 or 49 before now but didn't finish all the eastern states. ( I have been to Hawaii but not Alaska)

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3It is summer now Empty Re: It is summer now Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

years ago I usually traveled back to Indonesia in summertime, my DH came with me once in 2 years.. now my DH is retired from his teaching job so I don't need to fly back there in summer.. I choose to go in Oct for my Mom's birthday.. this year we had couple road trip, first in March.. we put more than 3,000 miles on that trip, drove along highway 1, along the beautiful of CA coast, up to the north until The Avenue of The Giants.. it was a 9 days trip.. then I went alone to join my sisters to the East Coast trip, we visited NY ( I've been there twice), PA, Washington DC, Boston, Maryland and else ( I don't remember Shocked )

on some summers I traveled to IL or TX to visit my sister, from there her husband drove us to many places around the states

we don't travel this summer, though it's a good time to get away from this terrible summer heat, it's one of the reason we can't travel on summertime, my DH worries about his plants, before we owned a house, we only had a few pots of plants that we put at my Parents in law's place for them to plantsitting Wink

and lookie here
Shocked Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

It is summer now Wt

4It is summer now Empty Re: It is summer now Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:25 pm

JanaAZ

We've gone on some great vacations but we're going to be staying close to home this year. We'll go to California to visit my brother, but that's about all.

I still have Greece on my bucket list, but with all the craziness going on in that area of the world, we might hold off. I also have Viet Nam on the list since with all my travels to Asia, I've never made it there. I also want to go to Alaska, which will probably be done next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum