Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS

+3
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

101DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

[quote="bethk"]Why not put the garlic in a glass 'lock-lock' container (air tight) inside the proofer?

Then the temperature would stay constant and the garlic smell, etc. would be contained.

Just a suggestion......better than tryin' with a CrockPot where the temp isn't constant.

I remember dcarch on the old Cooking.com forum made his own black garlic.  His was the first I ever saw or heard of.[/quote

I have done that but the heat penetrates the container.

102DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

huh? I thought you said the proofer held the correct temperature.

Then why wouldn't a sealed head of garlic (in an airtight container) process? Does it have to air dry? I don't get the problem.

103DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:15 am

NormM

NormM

Dinner for us tonight was some steak and mac & cheese with Mexican flavors added.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 DSCN3176_zps6fsjjtux

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

104DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Dinner for us tonight was some steak and mac & cheese with Mexican flavors added.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 DSCN3176_zps6fsjjtux

.... Looks good! There you are Norm. Got worried that the wind blew you away as you skated on the ice from that last ice and snow storm. LOL

105DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:14 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Wish I liked lamb....never had it as a kid because my dad hated the smell of it.  We lived right across the road from a sheep farm so we had constant 'sheep smells' when the wind came from the west.  Dad hated it.  I have a feeling his mother made mutton from really old sheep and that was why he said to never ever cook it in the house.

Dane likes it - especially those little rib chops that they serve on the bone....lamb lollipops.

But I gotta say, Barb, your lamb shanks look DElicious!  Every once in a while I see fresh pork shanks.  Think I'll keep that recipe in mind and try it with the pork.

Awsome job!  DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 4056093967
We are not Lamb lovers either. Although, DD Likes it; considering she raises them on the farm, which is their min money maker. The sheep are a special breed, and much better than New Zealand breed. They raise for selling the breed for creation to other farms. Once in a while they will grab a lamb, and eat it.

She comes over after feeding and if she didn't change....ho ho ho...does she stink. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 2876911673 The cats come up to her and make the weirdest faces as they sniff her. OMG, it is so funny the way they sit there with their mouths half open in a stuper like smile....

106DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:40 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was 3 tacos for me, and a burrito for Tina. She picked them up on way back from the hospital.
Gabe is getting IV to keep him hydrated, plus another unit of blood today.
He's on a liquid diet of soup, and apple juice and yellow jello. He goes for more tests tomorrow.
They brought in 2 doctors... 2..????? I don't know why 2, but they will be checking into it tomorrow. The weekends are skeleton shift anyway, and nothing really gets done.

107DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:16 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:huh?  I thought you said the proofer held the correct temperature.

Then why wouldn't a sealed head of garlic (in an airtight container) process?  Does it have to air dry?  I don't get the problem.

Airtight? I am just using a metal pot with lid. Do you think plastic would melt at 140 or higher? I hadn't thought of plastic. But then it might act like a pressure cooker and blow up.LOL.

108DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:46 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have always liked lamb..chops,leg,roast,kabobs ,greek style,mediterranean style..grilled..stuffed ..Gyros.

And then I will not eat sardines or most canned fish lol... well tuna but I am picky about that..Salmon cake once in a blue moon..

109DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

well looks like i will eat some stuffed cabbage rolls for dinner. I made some a while ago and shoved them in the bottom shelf,just now saw them.. then I will put it freezer..

110DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am not sure what I am going to make for dinner.

I just spent an hour looking at my credit reports and putting a fraud alert on them. Fortunately, the only problem was the account for Verizon Wireless. I don't know how they knew it wasn't me but Verizon was fast. They closed the account and issued a fraud alert within a day of the account being opened. I asked how they knew but I couldn't get an answer out of them.
I notified my credit card company that someone had stolen my info and they set things up so no one can request a new card without my code word.

111DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:11 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Bugster2 wrote:I am not sure what I am going to make for dinner.

I just spent an hour looking at my credit reports and putting a fraud alert on them. Fortunately, the only problem was the account for Verizon Wireless. I don't know how they knew it wasn't me but Verizon was fast. They closed the account and issued a fraud alert within a day of the account being opened. I asked how they knew but I couldn't get an answer out of them.
I notified my credit card company that someone had stolen my info and they set things up so no one can request a new card without my code word.

Bugs, did you report it to your local police? It could serve to your advantage. Please go down to the station and talk to an officer there. My cousin is a retired cop and he told me to do this, just in case I was accused of any of the charges on the credit cards.
They have a fraud alert investigation department. Does not necessarily have to be an official investigation, but it would be good to have on record.

Also call Experian, and the other 2 credit companies to report this to them.
What about your social security number?
That is pretty important...
You may have to call them also. There is a toll free number and they can call you back....

good luck---seriously....

112DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

There is a long list of people to contact. I have done the credit card and all 3 credit reporting companies. I still have to file a police report, call SS, call the IRS and God knows who else. I printed off a long list from the computer. I just got a receipt from Staples for $12 charged this morning. I called my CC company but no charge had come through, yet. I will call back tomorrow if I see it in my transactions.

113DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

we had  some friends came last night for Rosary prayer, I made some corn soup and some tiny wienies wrapped in corn tortilla, oh they were gone in seconds Surprised

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 18_zpsmdhcbfpg

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 21_zpsbb2agoxj

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 16_zpsxhx9ateh

114DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I do those 'Little Smokey' sausages wrapped in bacon....then when the bacon is crispy I sprinkle on brown sugar. They're always gone in minutes.....men, especially, like them. Your soup looks wonderful.

115DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made the Chicken Enchilada casserole tonight. I don't know what the carb count is on two 6" flour tortillas but it's got to be less than a potato & starchy vegetable.....There was plenty of protein but it was pretty fat laden with sour cream in the chicken & the topping. But, hey, a guy's got to eat.....

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 IMG_20151207_171801281

116DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

carb count is on two 6" flour tortillas...29cb per..

117DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I know the corn tortillas would be better.....but neither of us like them. So, back to square 1......LOL

I looked up the original recipe and it stated the serving of 2 enchiladas was 536 calories, and that was including the montery jack cheese I don't use. So, he's happy with that. I'm gonna let it rest.

I had mentioned I purposely buy the 6" flour tortillas instead of the 8" ones because they are a decent size to eat and feel full. He kind of smiled and said, "I could eat the larger ones...."

What ya gonna do? I'm going to continue with the smaller ones ~ mainly because I LIKE THEM! Hahahaha....thought I was gonna say because they are a healthier size, huh?

118DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 12308412_10206333119379188_6885673944534213849_n

Going to put on some sauce and heat up..Call it dinner..lol..

119DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a pre- supper at 400. I was so hungry. The light circuit for the bathroom cabinet burnt up, and I had to fix that.
The bologna sandwich was on that German rye bread whole grain...00000 zero sugars. 1 carb.
Tastes awful alone, but with mustard, the bread at least tastes like oat bread.
I tested my sugar 3 hours after I ate breakfast, and it was only 124. I didn't think that was too bad, but I am still taking the pill twice a day. DD yelled at me the other day because I was eating a lot of ketchup on my burger. DD said ketchup is loaded with carbs. hahahahahahaha.... I guess no more ketchup and brown sugar glaze on the meatloaf any more.

120DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was going to suggest corn tortillas because enchiladas are not made with flour tortillas in true Mexican cuisine, at least I don't think so. I have made them with flour and I think they get slick and slimy but that is just a matter of taste. Do you like corn tortilla chips or Fritos?
Speaking of Mexican, I noticed my grocery store has displays of everything you need to make menudo. Supposed to be good for hangovers. Huge cans of hominy. UHG! I can't stand hominy.

121DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DD said ketchup is loaded with carbs. hahahahahahaha.... I guess no more ketchup and brown sugar glaze on the meatloaf any more.

No it is not ..1T has 4gm sugar and 5cbs..Plus you can buy sugar free and no HF..

I use sugar free brown sugar..

122DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I use corn, myself..I try to stay away from white flour.They have no issues with sugar ,,soooo..

1 shell is 7cb and no sugar.

Last edited by Barbara101 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

123DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Sp%20latkes3

sweet potato latkes..so far lol.

124DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Has anyone heard how Gabe is doing?

125DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Has anyone heard how Gabe is doing?

Update Gabe... Tina's Uncle...

They today removed the Iv fluids. Started to feed him a cardiac diet.
He had a Bleeding Stomach Ulcer.... They cauterized it and they are just watching his blood count.
His color came back finally. He can't wait to come back home here.

Tomorrow....they take him to House of the Good shepherd for rehabilitation.
He will be there for a couple weeks. Soon as he gets strong enough........... (hopefully )...they will release him. He said to Tina, he does not want to stay in a nursing home. Tina said,"you won't have to if you wake up at 9 and not 11.
PLus ...you have to stop taking so many Aleve and advil PM....!"

I told him that stuff every day and night is poison. He didn't listen to me, and tells everyone he is in pain because I won't give him his pain pills. Twisted Evil So, I'm easy! I said "you want them?"....he said YES!..... I said ok, here you go, but you will be sorry!"...... Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum