Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Empty Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Muffins

Our neighbor told me he would come over to power wash the filth off our concrete sidewalk and driveway today. I've been 'gifting' him with baked goods every once in a while. He says I'm trying to fatten him up! So far, he hasn't refused anything I've offered.

These were easy and quick to bake off first thing this morning. One plate went next door to my 'water aerobic' partner, one plate is for my 'Friday Morning Movie' friend and the final plate is for my 'power washer' neighbor. I only ate one muffin to try them out and make sure they were OK to eat.....

2Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Empty Re: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here is the recipe I used with my adjustments already noted....

Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins

Save Print
Serves: Makes 12 medium muffins, or 24 mini muffins.
Ingredients
Muffin:
• 1¾ cup flour
• 1½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• Pinch ground cloves
• ⅓ cup oil
• ¾ cup sugar
• 1 egg
• ¾ cup buttermilk
Topping:
• ⅓ cup melted butter
• ½ cup sugar
• ¾ tsp cinnamon
Instructions
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine oil, sugar, egg and milk.
3. Add liquid mix to dry mix, and gently combine. Don't over mix.
4. Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full. I didn't use paper muffin cups for this recipe, I just sprayed a muffin tin with oil.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. While they are baking, make the topping (butter and sugar separate!). Melt butter in one bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
7. As soon as they come out of the oven, remove the muffins from the tin.
8. Brush muffin tops & bottoms in butter, then dip in sugar/cinnamon mix.
9. Let cool!

3Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Empty Re: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:46 pm

JanaAZ

sounds delish!

4Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Empty Re: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

They reminded me of snickerdoodles. I think they would be best if eaten the day made (preferably while still warm, but I am only GUESSING about that......LOL). It was a wise choice I made to give them all away within 1 hour of finishing them.

5Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Empty Re: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

They look like the kind of cinnamon sugar doughnuts that Brian really likes, Beth.  Very sweet of you to be so kind to your neighbors, too.  Sounds like he was paying you back for prior treats you'd given him by pressure washing for you!

It's nice it worked out well for both of you, too.

6Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Empty Re: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mini Muffins Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Michelle, we have a really nice neighborhood here. So many widows & widowers and they miss a lot of the home cooked treats they use to have. My power-washer friend is going on 91 and is the neighborhood handyman. He's always fixing something for someone and if you want to do it yourself he'll offer suggestions of what suppliers are best for what you need to buy. He did some painting for us (paid job...) because he was doing painting all over the neighborhood and that way we didn't have to buy a whole gallon of paint when we only needed a little. He's a really nice man.

So, last year I started dropping off treats whenever I made something. I wouldn't take him too much, just a couple pieces of a cake or pie or a dish of dessert. He cooks for himself and joins others once in a while but I think he has a sweet tooth. He's thin as a rail and has no health problems so I can make just about anything and he's happy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum