Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brown Sugar Brandied Caramel Apple Tart

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brown Sugar Brandied Caramel Apple Tart Empty Brown Sugar Brandied Caramel Apple Tart Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I saw this in a photo today in an advertisement for Domino's light brown sugar and it looked so good that I figured I'd go online and get the recipe. Here's a picture of it, too, so you can see how good it looks. I think these would be good at breakfast in addition to dessert.

Brown Sugar Brandied Caramel Apple Tart Tart10

Brown Sugar Brandied Caramel Apple Tart
Makes 9 tarts. Recipe from DominoSugar.com

Tart:
1 sheet puff pastry
6 to 7 apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1-1/2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Brandied Caramel Sauce:
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1-1/2 Tablespoons brandy
3 Tablespoons demerara cane sugar, for sprinkling

Tart:
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Set out pastry to sit out for 5 minutes at room temperature, or until it can be unfolded without breaking. Place on top of a piece of parchment paper.
3. Cut 9 (3.5 x 3.5 inch) squares. Roll out each square into a 4.5 x 3.5-inch rectangle using a rolling pin.
4. Place the pastry 1-1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, toss the apples with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Let mixture rest 10 minutes, tossing every few minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove baking sheet with dough from refrigerator. Brush each pastry with melted butter. Sprinkle each pastry with 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar. Arrange the apple slices in rows of 6 slices for each piece of pastry dough. Repeat until all of the pastry is covered with apple slices.
7. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes before brushing on brandied caramel sauce. The tarts should be warm, not hot.

Brandied Caramel Sauce:
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Add milk and combine. Whisk in brown sugar. 3. Heat mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, continuously stirring. Add salt and brandy, then heat an additional 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove pan from heat and let sit 1 to 2 minutes before proceeding.
3. Brush sauce on the edge of each cooked pastry and drizzle over apple slices.
Sprinkle each of the pastry edges with 1 teaspoon of the demerara sugar.
Serve warm.

JanaAZ

now that sounds good.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum