Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

to my weight loss friends and ramblings

+2
Barbara101
cookingirl
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1to my weight loss friends and ramblings Empty to my weight loss friends and ramblings Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Hi Everyone!
You guys know who you are.
I have been lurking on this site, but not active due to personal stuff.. Embarassed
Thought I would give you an update on my weight loss progress.
I joined Weight Watchers about a month ago
I have been living on chicken, salad, fruit and stir fry...
I have lost 10 pounds!
This week, I have been slipping. Nervous about getting another cortisone shot in my shoulder. I had that yesterday. I changed doctors and went to a hospital in Boston which only deals with bone, muscular-skeletal issues. The injection was done under ultrasound. The tech and I bonded completely!
(I am and ultrasound tech also).
She even wished that I knew her specialty so that she could hire me!
I was impressed with the hospital and it's entire staff! She did say that my new doc was pretty good!
so I am happy about that.
Today it feels like someone punched me a couple of times in my shoulder/upper arm. I do not feel like doing anything today..have to get some food for my kitties, but I do not know if I want to even do that..maybe tomorrow.
I think I will sit on my butt and do nothing..that is when I get the munchies though.... Sad
Did not get much sleep last 2 nights--think I will vegg out today. Yes, I am rambling again.

Question/Comment:
I posted on another forum. I wanted some advice on my kitty, who was sick last week...I was told that I ramble too much and that I should proof read and then delete the ramblings! sorry, if that is the issue here...it is just me.. to my weight loss friends and ramblings 1450907917

I am really doing great..People are telling me that I look really good..that my 'funk' is over!
Must be all the water, veggies, fruit that I am eating! to my weight loss friends and ramblings 940422454
and the cut back on wine to my weight loss friends and ramblings 1450907917

ttyl
Cyn aka Cindy

Barbara101

Barbara101

I posted on another forum. I wanted some advice on my kitty, who was sick last week...I was told that I ramble too much and that I should proof read and then delete the ramblings! sorry, if that is the issue here...it is just me.

I would tell those ppl to my weight loss friends and ramblings 740269346 to my weight loss friends and ramblings 740269346 and that is why folks leave forums.

I mean who gives a crap about words spelled wrong or using the wrong word or rambling.

It is NOT a perfect world.I would rather have NO DRAMA with mis spelled words any day.

you do not ramble. to my weight loss friends and ramblings 3561122519

great news on the weight loss too. to my weight loss friends and ramblings 3602300868

Barbara101

Barbara101

I lurked on a forum the other day & becuz a member said they didn't like Giada ( to my weight loss friends and ramblings 1838020472 )

that person was publicly told to stop saying anything like that.

hey if I can't say I don't like her & I think she is a bobble head ,, I am not going to be a member of that forum. period.

I don't like Flay or that weird Guy F either.Is it ok if I say so?

YES!

THAT is one reason that forum has nothing of interest to anyone.It is boring & the members don't even bother to make it any thing to join or be a active member.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

hello... Cyn.. good job on your 10 pounds weight loss.. I'm still struggling here.. I was doing okay before my family came visiting, I mean.. I have lost about 5 lbs ( the lowest number on my scale for I don't remember how long ago), then during their visit we dined out a lot, all fatty foods and my number went up again, almost up to the beginning, but now I'm back to my routine and I can see the number goes down, a bit by bit... so hopefully it will keep on going down.. I keep my fingers crossed..

Wink

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, you guys know what I've been eating...I've posted pics (boring EVERYONE to death, I'm sure...) and I'm right back where I was when I started. and you know what? I'm just fine with that. I wasn't 350 lbs., I was just about 10 pounds more than I wanted to be. It was pure vanity ~ I wanted to wear a size 12 capri pants.

I went to Dillards and bought a pair of expensive capri pants....SIZE 12 !!!! I guess if you're willing to pay more than $15 for clothes and you're willing to try on different brands you CAN find a pair to fit in a size you want. Only thing is, now I want to wear them inside out so EVERYONE can see I'm wearing a size 12 !!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Cyn - FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, GREAT JOB on the 10 pounds. That was our goal when we started talking about joining forces and supporting one another. I'm proud of you! And even though you've hit your goal don't you find it even more amazing how much better you feel now that you've changed some of the food choices you use to make? That's what I've found. I have some carb every once in a while but it's not the main focus of my meals anymore. And I'm good with that. And the part about having the protein for breakfast EVERY DAY has really given me much more energy.

I hope you keep it up and continue to maintain and/or lose a few more pounds. And any time you want to talk about it or "ramble" you are OFFICIALLY INVITED TO DO SO. No one here will EVER ask you to stop or be critical.....

And that comes from someone who can WHACK any mean or nasty comment right off the screen! LOL

Admin

Admin
Admin

bethk wrote: And any time you want to talk about it or "ramble" you are OFFICIALLY INVITED TO DO SO. No one here will EVER ask you to stop or be critical.....

And that comes from someone who can WHACK any mean or nasty comment right off the screen! LOL

^^^^^ What bethk said goes DOUBLE for me !!! ^^^^^

Hahahahaha !

(man, I kill me! lol)

cookingirl

cookingirl

thanks, guys!!! to my weight loss friends and ramblings 2453703928

Yes, I need to continue with the diet...need a ton of weight off--like 30 lbs.
But I am taking it at slowly, in small increments of 10 lbs. Hopefully I can continue.
Got bored this week with food..stressful week.

Gotta weigh in today..

Think I will buy a pork tenderloin. Freeze 1/2 of it..then do stir fry with red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, water chestnuts, onion, and some garlic.
or that may be Sunday's meal? and another salad for tonight-with some grilled pork or chicken
Tomorrow will be the same stir fry but with chicken

Gotta think of Monday's food for work..

Feeling like watermelon. Getting tired of berries....maybe add some mango and pineapple to the strawberries and blueberries I have in the house...

I dunno what the day will provide...need to pay bills though

ok--rambling is done, for now to my weight loss friends and ramblings 1297124391

Crybaby

Crybaby

I'm really stunned that someone would tell you, CG, that you ramble and should proofread! Man, I'm so glad I don't frequent those places.

And not liking Giada and being told to stop saying that?! What kind of forum is that?

Glad I'm here with NICE people!
--Crybaby

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks CryBaby!!
((hugs)) to you to!!

Don't you just love the people here!!! it is small, but so nice!!! We all know each other!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum